2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

The cannon logo looks ever weaker as a shoulder patch than it does as an underwhelming alternate front crest. An ugly misstep. Just like the Avalanche, they've ignored the glaring problem with their uniform and dicked around with the shoulder patch instead.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The glaring problem being the lack of bright green? Or bugs?

I liked the Cstar when it came out, but I don't like how their unis have evolved since. they need something more. Probably not green... or black... or light blue... or more thin cannons... but something is missing to me.

The cannon logo looks ever weaker as a shoulder patch than it does as an underwhelming alternate front crest. An ugly misstep. Just like the Avalanche, they've ignored the glaring problem with their uniform and dicked around with the shoulder patch instead.

What was the glaring issue on the Jackets jersey?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Said it once, said it a million times, owners need to stop being so involved in jersey design process.

There are specific sports designers out there. Let them do what they are paid to do.

The Yotes jersey's are not the worst of all time, but very underwhelming

What was the glaring issue on the Jackets jersey?
Using one custom font for names, a non-matching one (Copperplate) for the numbers, and having neither of those fonts match anything else in the team's identity.

Also, I like that the Canadiens went with the rib-knit collar material the Wild have been using for their 3rds. Drives home the vintage feel of the jersey. Now, if they'd only go back to 2-color numbers on the white sweater...

EDIT: Hey, they straightened out the sleeve stripes, too! Good work.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think the new Coyotes uniforms are actually fairly decent if you look at the jersey design. I've always thought that simply contrasting sleeves (without the yoke impression like the Wings and Pens alt) is something that could work well for a sweater design.

What drags the whole thing under is the half-hearted sigh that is the Coyotes brand (or, entire existence) between the generic logo and the lifeless color scheme. There'so no identity, no motif, no common thread running through the whole thing.. It's just a giant, "Eh, why not."

It's just a giant, "Eh, why not."

This is what got the Phoenix market a team in the first place.

I wasn't too sure about the Oilers new alt, but i think it's pretty sharp. I love that it's historically accurate. Also, hey we have Connor McDavid.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

The more I look at it, the more I don't think I like the black pants on the Coyotes. I think they might have been better served by staying with maroon pants.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The more I look at it, the more I don't think I like the black pants on the Coyotes. I think they might have been better served by staying with maroon pants.

The more I look at it, the more I think they should have never left Winnipeg. What a trainwreck...

The more I look at it, the more I think they should have never left Winnipeg. What a trainwreck...
How about they move to Atlanta and really create an NHL history fuster-cluck?

Winnipeg to Phoenix.

Atlanta expansion team.

Atlanta to Winnipeg.

Phoenix (Arizona) to Atlanta.

Then we send new Atlanta to Winnipeg in exchange for original Atlanta going back to Atlanta. The Jets are back to being the original Jets and the original Thrashers are now free to move to Seattle.

A win-win in my book.

Arizona Coyotes: What a mess! They changed just for the sake of changing, and they came up with something that looks like 2 or 3 different jerseys cut up into pieces, and then sewn back together all mixed up. I'm happy they tried to spice things up, but the design is not appealing. And no kachina? That Jurassic Park meme sums up my feelings about the new uniforms overall.

Colorado Avalanche: So they change what's good about their uniforms and they keep everything that's wrong about them? They are doing things completely upside down. Whoever approved these changes may be a great buisness man when it comes to putting together a solid on-ice product, but he has no taste in hockey aesthetics whatsoever. Fail.

Montreal Canadiens: Solid new look for my Canadiens. I will miss the traditional blue and white collar because that's what I grew up watching, and that's the only look I ever saw them use on TV and I was very fond of the contemporary look. So I have mixed feelings, tbh. It's a good look no doubt. But it will take time for me to get used to. I actually like the french LNH collar. It's a nice touch using the language of the home crowd. Good stuff, overall. Still no word on what the road numbers will look like.

Edmonton Oilers: I'm very pleased that the Oilers decided to get an alternate jersey. I figured they'd use the WHA throwback design. But I love everything about it. They nailed it!

Columbus Blue Jackets: I'm on the fence with this one. I don't know if I like the roundel or the oval better. At least an oval is more original than a roundel.

Washington Capitals: A wasted oppurtunity to come up with a navy blue design with the Weagle on the front. I know the classic jersey is fine, but to me this is another fail.

Archived