2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

Any chance for a color vs color like 2014?

nhl_classic14_23.jpg

Any chance the Leafs will switch to that jersey and a matching road jersey on a full-time basis? Detroit's jersey is awesome too.

might be a cool idea for 2017...for the 100th anniversary season.
I think the most they would do is use that beautiful jersey as an alternate. Their current set is probably the best the Leafs have ever looked.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any chance for a color vs color like 2014?

Any chance the Leafs will switch to that jersey and a matching road jersey on a full-time basis? Detroit's jersey is awesome too.

might be a cool idea for 2017...for the 100th anniversary season.
I think the most they would do is use that beautiful jersey as an alternate. Their current set is probably the best the Leafs have ever looked with the Ballard Leaf.

FTFY.

I love their set, but I'd hardly call it their best-ever look. I think the 1940s, 1960s, and 1967 sets are all superior to what they wear now, and have the bonus of being associated with winning.

I've always found it odd how the Leafs' most unsuccessful look has been its most durable, with the logo remaining pretty much the same for over 40 years now, and the jerseys for over 25. The thought of the Leafs re-branding at this point, even if it's to a direct throwback look, seems unfathomable. Who knows, maybe for their centennial they'll wear their alts at home (like the New York Mets did for their 50th a few years back), though I highly doubt it.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Unpopular opinion but I really don't see what's so great about the Leafs Winter Classic uniform. The square shoulder yoke looks odd and they only used it for 4 years back in the 30's anyways. When it comes to the Leafs best look, it starts and ends with this beauty...

b4PfhLp.jpg

It is baffling why they insist on using that tired "Ballard Leaf" when nearly every other logo in their history is vastly superior. Also, they've never won anything in that logo and if the current state of the team is any indicator, that trend is going to continue.

I'd be surprised if they went with a spoked B for the WC.

I would want to see one of these on the uniform (now I have to make some concepts :) )

2594_boston_bruins-jersey-1925.png9728_boston_bruins-jersey-1935.png

CowleyBruinsjersey.png

Really curious what the Habs will do since they're like the Celtics or Yankees, same classic look forever.

Im thinking two things

A: Bring these beauties back for a game

8lp82mlulr5g3bm4zvdxfoy7q.gif

perhaps without a NOB

For a game ? Please, bring them back as a full time alternate ! These are much better than their current white imo but i guess they'll never switch it to a full time road( wich would be a real shame)

I'm not sure about better than their current whites, but they should 100% make them a fulltime road

I also would love to see a blue version of their current homes, just a simple colour swap blue with red.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I've never understood why everyone loves those Habs jerseys so much. The red and blue blend together into a purplish mud (along with the logo), and the numbers are completely impossible to read from a distance. Compared to the current aways which may be simple but are some of the most effective jerseys in the league, I just don't get what everyone sees in it.

Unpopular opinion but I really don't see what's so great about the Leafs Winter Classic uniform. The square shoulder yoke looks odd and they only used it for 4 years back in the 30's anyways. When it comes to the Leafs best look, it starts and ends with this beauty...

b4PfhLp.jpg

It is baffling why they insist on using that tired "Ballard Leaf" when nearly every other logo in their history is vastly superior. Also, they've never won anything in that logo and if the current state of the team is any indicator, that trend is going to continue.

Sorry, I can't agree on this being the best Leafs logo ever for one simple reason. The text is off-center. It drives me absolutely batty every time I see it. Fix the text and then I'll agree. Until then, burn it. At least the Ballard Leaf doesn't have that problem. Yes, "Maple Leafs" is centered to "Toronto", but the O butting up to the side of the logo like that with the blank space on the left side just...no.

When is this Reebook catalogue coming out for 2015-16??? I'm getting impatient! I wear it was out earlier than this in previous years

The apparel catalog just came out and orders were due last week. Jerseys should be soon. Nothing to hint at any changes in the apparel book.

When is this Reebook catalogue coming out for 2015-16??? I'm getting impatient! I wear it was out earlier than this in previous years

The apparel catalog just came out and orders were due last week. Jerseys should be soon. Nothing to hint at any changes in the apparel book.

Colorado or Calgary will be doing something. If not, every hockey fan on this site will pull their hair out. The Turd Burger is done. Arizona will have something new for next season. Chicago, Detroit, Colorado, Minnesota, Montreal, and Boston all will have at least one new jersey next season. Minnesota is either swapping the red jersey and green jersey from alternate to home and vice versa or the Wild will hopefully make a green version of their road jersey. Better yet, they would rebrand back to the NorthStars, which will probably never happen. Pittsburgh's throwback third will be the new home jersey. Ottawa will probably make a change. I could be wrong on some of these, which I'm sure I am but these wouldn't surprise me, on top of the ones we already know about.

Sorry, I can't agree on this being the best Leafs logo ever for one simple reason. The text is off-center. It drives me absolutely batty every time I see it. Fix the text and then I'll agree. Until then, burn it. At least the Ballard Leaf doesn't have that problem. Yes, "Maple Leafs" is centered to "Toronto", but the O butting up to the side of the logo like that with the blank space on the left side just...no.

Centered or not, the logo is still vastly superior to the generic and vaguely corporate looking Ballard Leaf. I didn't even notice the text was off centered until you pointed it out.

Centered or not, the logo is still vastly superior to the generic and vaguely corporate looking Ballard Leaf. I didn't even notice the text was off centered until you pointed it out.

The text kills that logo. Fix it and I agree with you. They could even widen it a little lengthwise to make slotting in the text easier. Hell, use that leaf (a little wider) with the text from the Ballard Leaf. Done.

Minnesota: New everything starting with the name. Green should be primary dark colour regardless of any name change.

Name Change? I think a Canuck is a stupider name than the Wild. What name do you suggest? North Stars? Well that would mean 2 NHL teams with the same name, creating the same AHL problem, and then the NHL would be the Laughing stock of pro sports.

Here's my wish list.

Anaheim- Add orange alt, or permanent Mighty Ducks teal throwback.

Arizona- Either add tail stripes, or go full time Aztec Style

Boston- Lose current third, add Throwback Winter Classic, or add early 40's or late 50's gold (edgefied) third

Buffalo- Lose silver and navy, go back to blue

Calgary- Lose piping, and awkward striping, and go back to 04 style, with 80's throwback

Carolina- Original Uniforms and straighten thirds sock stripe

Chicago- Add Winter Classic (2012) third

Colorado- Go back to pre-edge style, add tail stripes on third with straightened arm stripes

Dallas- Add black Star shaped third

Red Wings- No change

Edmonton- add orange third?

Florida- Add tail stripes or go to original set

#BRINGBACKTHEWHALE

Los Angles- More Gretzky type jerseys

Minnesota- Add tail stripes on red jersey, lose shoulder piping on all jerseys.

Montreal- No change

Nashville- Add Blue third

New Jersey- Add Black third or green throwback, (permanent, not just on st. Patricks day)

Islanders- Fishsticks third, or Black, white, and grey alt.

Rangers- No change

Ottawa- Lose current Home and away, third to home status, and use Heritage classic as away (with black numbers)

Philadelphia- Lindros era orange third lose current. They have 1 win in that jersey. 1. Including winter classic!

Pittsburgh- Lemieux era home and road. Gold Alt, with new style.

St. Louis- Slant arm stripes.

San Jose- Add tail stripe, lose ALL ORANGE, and bring back silver.

Tampa Bay- Use current home logo on alt.

Toronto- No Change

Vancouver- Use stick-in-rink logo. Or Jonny Canuck

Washington- Ditch everything but the alt and the weagle. (The Caps current jerseys are more like racing jerseys.) have alt with weagle, use throwbacks as full time unis.

Winnipeg- Use more light blue and red in a THIRD JERSEY!!!!!

All-Star game- Burn Current, then unveil Black and silver vs White and black. (The NHL logo) or do host city's colors vs rivals colors.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived