2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

Why didn't the original Rockies work out? Denver's a good hockey market, at least now. Was it too soon in 1976?

I mean it did help the Avs case to win the Cup immediately and remain good for a decade.

My guess is that it's because the Rockies stunk.

Just like their uniforms and identity

Sorry, but I totally disagree. If there were good things about the Rockies, the crest and uniforms were it. Colourful but clean and simple. The Avalanche could have a top-notch uniform if they simplified their uniforms and ditched the black.

Both teams were exact polar opposites of each other:

Rockies - clean and traditional uniforms, horrible teams.

Avalanche - garish and cluttered "lacrosse style" uniforms, great championship teams.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why didn't the original Rockies work out? Denver's a good hockey market, at least now. Was it too soon in 1976?

I mean it did help the Avs case to win the Cup immediately and remain good for a decade.

Also, I'm pretty sure they were the only NHL team to use heat-pressed crests and numbers instead of twill.

14_16541a_lg.jpeg

Just adds a whole dimension of nasty to it, doesn't it?

That was actually really common in the 80s. I know the Penguins did it until somewhere around 89-90

80s-pit-c-mario-lemieux.jpg

The 80s Blues did the same thing, and their captaincy patch was a single piece of fabric with the design heat-pressed on

hhof14.jpg

I wish I had more photos of these, there were tons of examples at the Hockey Hall of Fame

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

CI2pI7BWwAAcCJ4.jpg

Navy and Vegas Gold in Pittsburgh?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

That's the retro nameplate. Athletic gold on black. It is not a dress.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The nameplate is navy

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Also, I'm pretty sure they were the only NHL team to use heat-pressed crests and numbers instead of twill.

14_16541a_lg.jpeg

Just adds a whole dimension of nasty to it, doesn't it?

And yet back then they probably didn't tout is as 2% lighter so they could be faster lol

Yeah that and the original concept are so much better than just using the C from the flag recolored in Avs colors.

If I ever own a professional sports franchise i'm coming to this board to build my identity.

PvO6ZWJ.png

All credit goes to the original posters (steve?) concept. Just tweaked it a bit but this would have been great as a shoulder patch. Actually fits with the rest of the design.

49uY7vK.png

I didn't think steve's concept could be improved upon but here it is. You even used the correct shade of blue! Beautiful!

All credit goes to the original posters (steve?) concept. Just tweaked it a bit but this would have been great as a shoulder patch. Actually fits with the rest of the design.

49uY7vK.png

I didn't think steve's concept could be improved upon but here it is. You even used the correct shade of blue! Beautiful!

Hey thanks man. Again this is all Steve's concept, I just wanted to apply a few tweaks. I hope he doesn't mind, I just really liked the concept.

Mockup of a dual logo set up for the Avs:

zcC5X6H.png

No, you guys were right, it was totally navy blue.

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/616709350615191552

No, you guys were right, it was totally navy blue.

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/616709350615191552

It's clearly navy and Vegas gold, you are the only one who thinks differently

And the dress still looks white and gold to me. It's black. The lighting is likely playing tricks on your eyes.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived