2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

I remember this being panned by Icethetics readers. It's quite generic, not that the original was much better.

If by "generic" you mean it's "beautiful" and is obviously a nod to the original. Just because you use classic striping patterns doesn't mean it's generic. It's nothing like the auto fill Nike football jerseys. This striping pattern is hockey. Probably the most common striping pattern on socks.

The logo is generic. It's a circle with the team's name in it. I don't hate it but it's not particularly interesting either. It also omits two of the key elements of the thing it's based on and is blander as a result. The jersey itself is fine.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember this being panned by Icethetics readers. It's quite generic, not that the original was much better.

If by "generic" you mean it's "beautiful" and is obviously a nod to the original. Just because you use classic striping patterns doesn't mean it's generic. It's nothing like the auto fill Nike football jerseys. This striping pattern is hockey. Probably the most common striping pattern on socks.
The logo is generic. It's a circle with the team's name in it. I don't hate it but it's not particularly interesting either. It also omits two of the key elements of the thing it's based on and is blander as a result. The jersey itself is fine.
It's interesting that at one time both the Winnipeg Jets and the New York Jets had generic looking wordmarks as logos. I feel like you can do a lot with a team named the Jets. However, I was a fan of the 1978-96 wordmark logo of the New York Jets but hated the logo of Winnipeg Jets 1.0.

Tampa Bay should just have taken their home design and switch blue with black. Simple and there you have a much better alternate jersey

Add some silver and a lot of blue, and yes. A black-and-white-only jersey would have been piss poor.

I don't know details but yes, th Avs will have a new look next season.

Intrigued, as I have a feeling it's template-based rather than logo or colors.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Here's my wish list

Anaheim

New Orange alt with Mighty Duck logo

Boston

(For the Winter Classic) I'd like to see a brown jersey with that old bear logo the current shoulder logo is inspired by

Buffalo

Take away that god awful alternate

Calgary

Remove black from the set, use the retro template, but have the primary red logo with the yellow outline on a yellow jersey, make a matching road and we've got some nice uniforms. And dump the current alternates.

Carolina

For the home uniforms: Add hurricane flag striping, old font, and stick and flag shoulder logo to current away template (overlapping nameplate) but make the jersey grey. A deep, stormy grey would give the hurricane feel and make the red absolutely pop.

For the away uniforms: Current template with the old font, hurricane striping, and stick and flag logo on the shoulders

Colorado

Something must change. Take away the oval behind the A. Make a maroon jersey with the old mountain striping and blue trim. Of course, make a matching away with burgundy yolks. I love their current font so that mustn't change.

Columbus

Only a slight change, replace the shoulder "hat" logo with a recolored cannon logo currently seen on the alternate set. And speaking of that alternate, get rid of it.

Dallas

A black alternate using the shoulder logo wouldn't be bad

Minnesota

Here's an original idea. Make a matching home uniform to the away with green yolks

Montreal

Remember those 06/07 white alternates that are the reverse of the home uniforms? Go crazy and make those the away full time

(For the Winter Classic) Use the old jersey with the sash from 1911.

Nashville

Just remove the highlighter streak on the logo and the stripes on the ear. Everything else with this uniform is absolutely brilliant.

New Jersey

Bring back the Christmas trees for special events

Islanders

Add a 4th stripe to the stick in the logo, go back to a darker navy blue and a new alternate shoulder logo

Rangers

Make a new alternate replacing the "New York" text with the current primary logo

Ottawa

Make the alternate the primary and replace the shoulder logo with the awesome unused Senator logo. Matching away very similar to the Heritage Classic used last year. Both of these use white as opposed to cream. It would also be neat to incorporate the gold "senator" striping on the arms.

Philadelphia

I find the alternates unnecessary

Pittsburgh

New striping for sure. Something along the lines of last years Stadium Series set (minus the chrome logo of course), with a reverse home.

San Jose

Replace the current logo on the jerseys with the shoulder logo. Make the "fin in the diamond" the new shoulder logo, and a new stripe at the waist

Tampa Bay

Unrealistic, but I wish they stayed with the original black Edge set, same road uni's except with blue numbers and blue pants. I've had enough of watching the Tampa Bay Maple Leafs. And for gods sake, never use "Bolts" on a jersey ever again.

Vancouver

Goodbye Ocra. Hello Johnny Canuck. Use the current template with Johnny Canuck as the new logo

Washington

I would love to see a blue alternate with the Eagle logo

Of course, this is my perfect world. If I'm lucky 2 of these will come true

How has no one complained about Tampa Bay wearing their black alt jerseys against the Kings yet?tofftampa1.gif

Definitely looks like Kings scrimmage.

I completely forgot that those things existed.

Best split-squad game I have seen since the Flames wore their third jersey against the Devils' road jersey. :P

Shoulda kept the palm trees.

tampa-mockup.jpg

For a Stadium Series Jersey, that could work.

I don't know details but yes, the Avs will have a new look next season.

Good, it's about damn time. I hope they create a look that's something new. I'd even be happy to see a new logo for the Avalanche.

Asked Chris from Icethetics about JerseyWatch 2015 and he says it's not even in the works yet.

I'm sure it hasn't even come out yet. With his Track Record, he would know if it did. It will come eventually, just not yet. Last year, the first JerseyWatch came at the end of February. I'm sure that will be the case this year. There's no way that there won't be any changes this offseason. Trust me on that. There are too many teams with at least one ugly or not too great jersey for that to happen.

Here's my wish list

Islanders

Add a 4th stripe to the stick in the logo, go back to a darker navy blue and a new alternate shoulder logo

You know the Islanders have been a step ahead of you for a few years now eh. You can even check the Islanders' logo on this site and don't forget the Stadium Series logo either.

Guys, about the Avalanche, they will have a new look next year. It's called the Stadium Series Jersey!!!!!!! They will have that at least but hopefully this rumour is also about new home and road jerseys as well. Now that would be great.

I don't know details but yes, th Avs will have a new look next season.

New look, meaning new home and road?

Cause now there's some confusion of whether it's just them adding a new Stadium Series jersey or them finally dumping the aprons.

Archived