2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Everyone, brace yourselves for the inevitable.

https://twitter.com/NetsDaily/status/570736043089129472?s=09

It can't be for the Isles, it doesn't have 4 stripes anywhere! :P

Gotta love the first Q and A in the replies of that first logo: "Is that a fan made logo?" "Nope."

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

From the Barclays Center CCO:

"We have a platform at Barclays Center for each of our non-core tenant businesses, including BROOKLYN HOOPS for college basketball, BROOKLYN BOXING for boxing, BROOKLYN SHOW for concerts, and BROOKLYN FAMILY for family entertainment. BROOKLYN HOCKEY is our latest platform, which includes NCAA college hockey that will be staged at the venue. This is not an Islanders logo and has no connection to the Islanders. As promised, we are keeping the current Islanders logo and color scheme, while adding a black and white third jersey."

So relax on the logo.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

From the Barclays Center CCO:

"We have a platform at Barclays Center for each of our non-core tenant businesses, including BROOKLYN HOOPS for college basketball, BROOKLYN BOXING for boxing, BROOKLYN SHOW for concerts, and BROOKLYN FAMILY for family entertainment. BROOKLYN HOCKEY is our latest platform, which includes NCAA college hockey that will be staged at the venue. This is not an Islanders logo and has no connection to the Islanders. As promised, we are keeping the current Islanders logo and color scheme, while adding a black and white third jersey."

So relax on the logo.

giphy.gif

sig.png

I'm pushing for the sabres to finally get a second crack, and might be likely if they're good next year with McDavid or the like.

Leafs/Sabres in the Stadium Series. In five years, that might be a good matchup.

I'm pushing for the sabres to finally get a second crack, and might be likely if they're good next year with McDavid or the like.

Leafs/Sabres in the Stadium Series. In five years, that might be a good matchup.

As long as the jerseys are decent looking, than sure. If not, than forget about it. This year's Stadium Series game last week was an eyesore. Their uniforms reminded me of pajamas. The Kings jersey was not good at all, though the white pants were cool for a change. As for the Sharks, it was as if their third jersey and their home jersey had a child that married and had a child of their own with the Sabres' Turd Burger.

Why do the Islanders need a black alternate? The only uniform in their history to use this crutch was an unmitigated disaster and I'm sure this will be no different. They're just trying to cash in on the inexplicable popularity of the recent Nets rebrand...

On the topic of this upcoming black and white Islanders third jersey, if they decided to use a black and white version of their current third jersey, I can't see it being all that bad, but, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being something stupid because the Islanders are notorious for finding ways to screw things up. At least their new alternate jersey isn't too bad, though it is an overglorified practice jersey in my opinion. Also, it will be March 1st in a couple days and we haven't heard a damn thing about new jerseys for next year besides the Outdoor Games. Has anything surfaced yet that's actual legitimate news?

Archived