2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

I like it. The brighter yellow really brings out their identity.

pit%2Bin%2Bbright%2Byellow.png

My word, that is a thing of beauty. I know some might not like the amount of white on that set, but it just makes the gold pop even more.

I prefer the Cup winning look, but I could live with this. I could live with anything that doesn't have the Vegas "gold". It looks so washed out.

Uhhh...the "Cup winning look"? Which era are we talking about here?

this one

Penguins21.png

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since this thread has been quiet enough to hear a pin drop for the past few days, I think I'll mention this again since it sounded pretty interesting. Anyways, the Arizona Coyotes are supposedly just changing their jerseys, while their logo is staying the same.

Where did you hear this? Icethetics seemed to imply that a new identity with a brand new logo was in the works...

I found this on Sportsnet's website after some other people on the internet as well as people I know mentioned it. I read it and Sportsnet said they talked to a Coyotes Higher-Up. http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-unveil-new-sweaters-2015-16-logos-third-alternate-jerseys-home-away-new-york-islanders-arizona-coyotes/ Morgo, there's the link, it's worth the read, well, the Coyotes part. :P

11091583_10152614516610964_6970772533266

Found this on eBay.

Very interesting find you have come across. I've never seen that shoulder patch and I most certainly have not seen a Canucks' Skate Jersey like this before. I think you could be onto something with this, however, that one shoulder patch has faded off, as if it is screen-printed like the shoulder patches on a Premier Reebok Edge Jersey. I wonder if it could be some really strange undiscovered Starter Replica from the 90's with a couple random shoulder patches stitched on to make it look legit. In the past year, I've noticed a lot of strange Starter Replica jerseys with just the most random looks going on Ebay. To me, it looks legit, but so does the red New York Rangers Liberty Starter Replica Starter Jersey. From that picture, I can't tell if it is legit or not, but I do think it is possible that it could be. It is something we haven't seen before afterall. Do you have the link for it?

Good find! Must be a long forgotten prototype. The added white really improves the look.

I don't know if I agree. I think the white makes it little bit busy.

I found this on Sportsnet's website after some other people on the internet as well as people I know mentioned it. I read it and Sportsnet said they talked to a Coyotes Higher-Up. http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-unveil-new-sweaters-2015-16-logos-third-alternate-jerseys-home-away-new-york-islanders-arizona-coyotes/ Morgo, there's the link, it's worth the read, well, the Coyotes part. :P

God I hope thats not true. They really need a new identity. That logo has run its course.

The Catch of the Day!

Good find! Must be a long forgotten prototype. The added white really improves the look.

I disagree. The worst part of those jerseys was the white outline around the numbers. They shouldn't have had any white in that uniform at all.

God I hope thats not true. They really need a new identity. That logo has run its course.

I have never liked the Coyotes' current logo. All you need to do is add some blood splatters around the mouth like the Sudbury Wolves of the OHL and their logo would look like a Coyote shot during Hunting Season. I know it's howling but I don't like it, regardless of what it looks like to me. The Peyote Coyote is a much better logo. I absolutely agree with you. If there's any team in the NHL that needs to pull a Dallas and just start fresh with a brand new look, it is the Arizona Coyotes. One other thing I wanted to mention is that I watched the Wild/Red Wings game yesterday and the jersey I saw the most in that Minnesota crowd is Minnesota's brand new road jersey. I can't see them not making a green version of it soon when their road jersey is that popular. I like it far more than their other two jerseys. As much as I would love to see the Wild have a Cream road jersey and a Dark Green home jersey, I think it would be awesome if the Wild went with their road look and a new matching green jersey.

I have never liked the Coyotes' current logo. All you need to do is add some blood splatters around the mouth like the Sudbury Wolves of the OHL and their logo would look like a Coyote shot during Hunting Season. I know it's howling but I don't like it, regardless of what it looks like to me. The Peyote Coyote is a much better logo. I absolutely agree with you. If there's any team in the NHL that needs to pull a Dallas and just start fresh with a brand new look, it is the Arizona Coyotes. One other thing I wanted to mention is that I watched the Wild/Red Wings game yesterday and the jersey I saw the most in that Minnesota crowd is Minnesota's brand new road jersey. I can't see them not making a green version of it soon when their road jersey is that popular. I like it far more than their other two jerseys. As much as I would love to see the Wild have a Cream road jersey and a Dark Green home jersey, I think it would be awesome if the Wild went with their road look and a new matching green jersey.

The wild need a matching green, this would be perfect for them.

Wild_zpswd6qgjr6.png

That's a great look for the Wild, shame it will probably never happen. We'll probably see another retro themed third in a few years... One thing is a guarantee; none of the jerseys will match. Ever.

I guess that's why they call them the wild.

2LQDbF4.gif

The wild need a matching green, this would be perfect for them.

Wild_zpswd6qgjr6.png

That wouldn't be too bad. The only things I would like to see is the green jersey being an exact match of the road jersey, white stripes instead of cream and a white shoulder yoke.

That's a great look for the Wild, shame it will probably never happen. We'll probably see another retro themed third in a few years... One thing is a guarantee; none of the jerseys will match. Ever.

I have a feeling you might be wrong, unless their Stadium Series Jersey turns out to be absolutely awesome, which I highly doubt after seeing what has been produced in the Stadium Series Jersey Department so far. I can't see the Wild leaving their current set alone for much longer, especially after seeing their crowd mostly wearing their new road jersey.

Big white shoulder yokes are a bit much.

Unless the jersey is black. Tampa Bay made it work.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived