2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

If this really comes to fruition, they'll probably pull a Minnesota and dye the road jersey into clean white. So that they'll have a standard white road like every other team. Plus, it eliminates the helmet color issue.

But if for some reason, they just go with the 2 heritage jerseys as they are now, it would be very interesting to actually see a team with a cream colored helmet. I'm pretty sure there's a rule that would dissallow them to keep one helmet for all times, unlike the minor leagues.

White would be decent too but I think it would take away such a great opportunity and I find the cream really suits the jersey. For the Cream jersey, they need black helmets. A cream colored helmet would kind of ruin the entire look. I'm sure the NHL wouldn't have an issue with the Senators using black helmets for the cream jersey if it becomes the full time road jersey.

There would be a problem with black helmets on the road any time you played a team with black home helmets. The two teams aren't allowed to wear the same color.

Those jerseys are best left as a rarely used alternate anyway. The best look for the Senators would be to blow it all up and start over.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this really comes to fruition, they'll probably pull a Minnesota and dye the road jersey into clean white. So that they'll have a standard white road like every other team. Plus, it eliminates the helmet color issue.

But if for some reason, they just go with the 2 heritage jerseys as they are now, it would be very interesting to actually see a team with a cream colored helmet. I'm pretty sure there's a rule that would dissallow them to keep one helmet for all times, unlike the minor leagues.

White would be decent too but I think it would take away such a great opportunity and I find the cream really suits the jersey. For the Cream jersey, they need black helmets. A cream colored helmet would kind of ruin the entire look. I'm sure the NHL wouldn't have an issue with the Senators using black helmets for the cream jersey if it becomes the full time road jersey.
Although I like the Sens' unused new 2D centurion logo, I would be thrilled to see Ottawa have a vintage look that matches well with the Habs and Leafs.

While I do agree that it's nice to have a non-white uniform, I'm not big on cream/off-white as a primary light uniform. That's why I like yellow/athletic gold as an alternate to white. It stands out well.

...speculation of an Avalanche overhaul at the hands of Sakic/Roy to coincide with their 20th anniversary in Colorado...

I'd love this to be true; was this heard from a relevant source?

Unfortunately, this is just pure fan speculation.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

In my perfect world:

Every team with a phantom yoke ditches it or goes all the way.

Canucks keep the exact same jerseys they have now but change the orca for the stick-in-rink, put Johnny on the shoulders.

Flames ditch the piping to nowhere and flag patches

Phoenix adds a hem stripe.

Carolina brings back the storm flags

Penguins promote their throwbacks to full time status, make matching roads

Sharks, Avs, and Ducks start over, keeping the same colours and logos.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd also add I'd like to see either a complete change or just a number font change to the CBJ jerseys. Think it's time, and not that they've had real success in them to keep them around forever.

Maybe like promoting their alternate jersey to home uniforms and add a matching white/vintage white ?

I'd also add I'd like to see either a complete change or just a number font change to the CBJ jerseys. Think it's time, and not that they've had real success in them to keep them around forever.

I'd like to think sports teams are past the Copperplate fad, but it keeps showing up in major sports.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

So Boston's got the Winter Classic next year against Montreal and according to @TSNBobMcKenzie, Colorado and Minnesota will finally get an outdoor game. The Wild will play Chicago and Colorado vs Detroit. Wonder what kind of uniforms Reebok will break out for those two games after breaking out the chrome/carbon fiber the last two years?

So Boston's got the Winter Classic next year against Montreal and according to @TSNBobMcKenzie, Colorado and Minnesota will finally get an outdoor game. The Wild will play Chicago and Colorado vs Detroit. Wonder what kind of uniforms Reebok will break out for those two games after breaking out the chrome/carbon fiber the last two years?

Chicago again!? I don't know about the Chicago/Minnesota and Colorado/Detroit games if they are Stadium Series games. I can't see Chicago playing a third Outdoor Game in three years, let alone the Red Wings in some chrome/carbon fiber futuristic jersey. I know Chicago went chrome last season but their jersey was a slightly altered version of their long time former black third jersey. This will definitely be something to watch.

I heard that Minnesota will (finally) put their green jersey as their official home jersey

This is a sad day in hockey uniform design.

Welcome to the NHL, where even though you're a late 90s/early 2000s team, you can still rip off historic uniform design!

(See: Lightning, Coyotes [yes, they're the result of the original Jets moving, but their inaugural uniforms were soooooo much better than their current blandness], Wild)

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I heard that Minnesota will (finally) put their green jersey as their official home jersey

Just make a home version of their road and call it a day

That I agree with... better than the current home jersey the Wild have... ehhh..

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Maybe like promoting their alternate jersey to home uniforms and add a matching white/vintage white ?

I honestly wouldn't mind that. I've grown to like the Alternate more and more, but I still think the identity involved with the Home/Away is a good one, just needs a tiny bit of tweaking.

Flames wake up and realize piping+stripes+flags=crap

johnny gaudreau is from a few towns over from where i grew up (and has youth camps at the rink i played at) and i want his jersey, but i refuse to get it until they change the jersey. i am tempted to get the third jersey they have, but not quite ready to commit to that either.

Archived