2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

I know this will be an unpopular opinion but I really prefer the original shade of burgundy the Avs used vs. what they use now. The old shade popped way more.

I like that shade a bit better myself, though I would like to see them go with more of a Vancouver Millionaires/Washington Redskins type of burgundy, though I know that the Millionaires Jersey is more maroon than anything.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer the new one, it's a lot less red looking which makes it more unique IMO. 1996 just kind of looks like a typical red-white-blue team.

stanley-cup-colorado-avalanche-june-11th

joe-sakic.jpg

I think one of the things I like about the Western Conference is that it has a lot more unconventional and interesting colour schemes than the east, and the Avs update is a big part of that.

Yeah, I prefer the darker, purpler burgundy. It's a good color scheme. I wouldn't mind the Nuggets adopting it, maybe instead with slate blue as the base for continuity with always being a blue team.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I prefer the new one, it's a lot less red looking which makes it more unique IMO. 1996 just kind of looks like a typical red-white-blue team.

This looks like a typical red, white and blue team?

The new shade of burgundy is too dark. Reminds me of the 90's trend of darkening your colours to the point where they look black.

This looks like a typical red, white and blue team?

The new shade of burgundy is too dark. Reminds me of the 90's trend of darkening your colours to the point where they look black.

Says the guy who thinks the Flames need black. XD hahaha :P

So with the move to Brooklyn, will the Islanders be amending their logo to include the entirety of Long Island with the boroughs Brooklyn & Queens included?

I know it's been speculated upon, but has anything been said by anyone of importance on the matter?

rtl141215_islanders_560.jpg

thecatch.jpg

Guys, the only thing the New York Islanders are changing next season is their alternate jersey. Their logo and their main jerseys are thankfully remaining unchanged... for now. Nordiks, I read about that before myself and unfortunately, that's not happening, well, at least, as of right now. I'm really hoping it does, but I have a feeling that the Senators might just be working on something completely different. It can't be any worse than what they got right? As I say that, they make the next Turd Burger. XD

Yeah, I prefer the darker, purpler burgundy. It's a good color scheme. I wouldn't mind the Nuggets adopting it, maybe instead with slate blue as the base for continuity with always being a blue team.

Eh. I think the Nuggets are approaching Padres/White Sox territory in terms of changing looks. I think they'd be best served to just roll with what they have and scale back the navy, but we know that won't happen. As for the Avs' scheme on them, I'm not a fan. It's too close to their horrible, painfully dreary '90s look. The lighter blue does make a big difference, though.

One thing I loved about the Avalanche's jerseys back in the day was that they were on a slightly shiny mesh material. I don't think any other teams used the same material as they did, but it really set them apart and seemed to make the colors more vibrant. I know the New York Knicks did the same thing in the '90s, using a shinier mesh with smaller holes while the rest of the league used the same materials. The Knicks jersey material actually looked similar to the Champion replica jerseys of the day.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Eh. I think the Nuggets are approaching Padres/White Sox territory in terms of changing looks. I think they'd be best served to just roll with what they have and scale back the navy, but we know that won't happen. As for the Avs' scheme on them, I'm not a fan. It's too close to their horrible, painfully dreary '90s look. The lighter blue does make a big difference, though.

One thing I loved about the Avalanche's jerseys back in the day was that they were on a slightly shiny mesh material. I don't think any other teams used the same material as they did, but it really set them apart and seemed to make the colors more vibrant. I know the New York Knicks did the same thing in the '90s, using a shinier mesh with smaller holes while the rest of the league used the same materials. The Knicks jersey material actually looked similar to the Champion replica jerseys of the day.

Yes indeed - that was a Starter thing. I think the shiny mesh went away when the Avs went to ProPlayer in 1999-00.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I loved the Nuggets' redesign with the very pale blue and medium blue. Adding navy ruined it. Now they seem to be in Third Jersey Purgatory with a hodgepodge of recolored logos and non-matching design elements. That's why I thought it best to start over and co-brand with the co-tenants.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So with the move to Brooklyn, will the Islanders be amending their logo to include the entirety of Long Island with the boroughs Brooklyn & Queens included?

I know it's been speculated upon, but has anything been said by anyone of importance on the matter?

rtl141215_islanders_560.jpg

As Chewbacca said, nope. Logo remains unchanged. At last check, a patch that will acknowledge Brooklyn will be added to the primary home and road and the new 3rd will be black-and-white.

sig2024.png

Yes indeed - that was a Starter thing. I think the shiny mesh went away when the Avs went to ProPlayer in 1999-00.

In other words, the shiny mesh lasted until the change to the darker burgundy. Interesting. Looks like precursor to the sheen material that would later be used by the canucks, sharks, blues & mighty ducks two seasons later. It's really noticeable in this picture...

jBQe0MN.jpg

In other words, the shiny mesh lasted until the change to the darker burgundy. Interesting. Looks like precursor to the sheen material that would later be used by the canucks, sharks, blues & mighty ducks two seasons later. It's really noticeable in this picture...

jBQe0MN.jpg

Thibault! Those were some damn nice jerseys.

jBQe0MN.jpg

I do believe that's Stéphane Fiset.

thecatch.jpg

jBQe0MN.jpg

I do believe that's Stéphane Fiset.

It is Fiset. After watching some late 90's Avalanche highlights I can say without question the team had it absolutely spot on perfect the first time round.

Archived