NFL 2015: A Mini-Series by DolphinManatee (San Diego Chargers **UPDATE**)

DolphinManatee

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the green might be between their current green and kelly green (more towards kelly, I think), though I don't remember how I got this green. The royal-ish blue comes from a current Seahawks color guide that ColorWerx posted recently in some thread in the Sports Logos forum (Nike apparently calls the color "Gym Blue").

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is an update on the fields for the Seahawks (blue endzones):

SeattleSeahawksField_zps9ad9b667.png

And here is the Bucs with a modified version (colorwise) of their current logo (thank you llfhockey for the logo!):

TBBuccaneersConcept2015_zps3f17eb0f.png

TBBuccaneersField_zpsa16a6a69.png

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry that life got in the way from posting concepts, so here is the Jacksonville Jaguars. As you can see, I have the black jersey as the primary. Why? I had thought "it flows better" when I made this. Anyways, if you don't like that, which you probably don't, then look at it from right to left. I honestly don't know what I was thinking when I made both the unis and the field, so here ya go:

JacksonvilleJaguarsConcept2015_zpsc90e10

JacksonvilleJaguarsField_zpse0222857.png

(I've got to stop posting at this time of night/morning.)

I like this. The Jaguars seem to want an out there identity (by NFL standards anyway) , and unlike their current set, this does that without looking horrible. I love the uniforms, helmet is a little funky, but I think I'd eventually like it, and it's certainly better than their current one. Only thing I don't like is the mismatched endzones, but I'm okay with the rest of the field being two toned.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really sorry for another two week delay. :((I think I've developed some "posting anxiety" over the years. Also, I've been distracted by college stuff and my potential next concept project. I really need to improve on my time management skills.)

Here is an update on the Jaguars field:

JacksonvilleJaguarsField_zps420ff9d1.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the Detroit Lions. First of all, I know that the alt uniform probably wouldn't be well-received, I just included it for no good reason other than the fact that I added alt uniforms to my other concepts in this thread; the focus is on the home and away unis.

• I replaced black with a dark blue because I felt it would be more analogous to the Honolulu blue while still being distinct.
  • The striping pattern have a double stripe in it, as opposed to the single stripe in the current striping pattern (if that makes any sense). This is so it doesn't remind me (and potentially others) of Ohio State's striping pattern from before the playoffs, and who wants a team in Michigan to reminisce of Ohio State? :P Also, the double striping reminds me of the double striping of American sports and muscle cars, which seems appropriate for Detroit (it also reminds me of this logo).
  • The number font has been modified so that the spikes are removed.

Here are the uniforms:

DetroitLionsConcept2015_zpse4e7a548.png

The primary feature of this field is the "Dueling Lions" at midfield. I thought it was a good idea, and it gives me something different to do than just slapping the logo at midfield. Here is the field:

DetroitLionsField_zps1c950010.png

It is probably going to be a while before the next team is revealed. I'm paranoid about getting a few certain details just right on the next team, and I need to see what happens with the next team after that. You can leave some C&C, if you like.

Thank you everybody for your comments. Looks like the Lions are a hit.

Okay, here are the San Diego Chargers. A few points:

• The home jersey is now "powder" blue. I put "powder" in quotation marks because it looks more vibrant than an actual powder blue, which I think fits San Diego.
  • The navy is now a good bit lighter.
  • A few numbers were adjusted.
  • There are numbers on the helmet, but the font is the modern font and in "powder" blue.
  • The numbers on the color jerseys are primarily yellow/gold.
  • The bolts go over the shoulders.

Here is the concept, click to enlarge (this goes with all of my concepts in this thread):

SDChargersConcept2015_zpsojsftpsf.png

...and here are the fields, with the number on the midfield helmet signifying the year and the endzones changing colors depending on if the team wears primarily "powder" blue or "navy" blue in a game:

SDChargersField_zpsvaaesdel.png

...and here is a bonus uniform concept for the Chargers (with different colored helmets and yellow/gold pants):

SDChargersConcept2015Bonus_zpso3s7bqq0.p

At least one more team to go.

Helmets and field look great. Call me crazy, but for your design, I like the navy alternate better than the powder blue (opposite in real life). How about making navy accents on the powder blue and white more noticeable, to provide better contrast. Also, try making the shoulder bolts slimmer, they look a little stretched.

That "powder" blue version of the bonus uniform is amazing. I too think that the lightning bolt 50 yard line would be cool.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

Archived