Just came across this article, and being a 90s kid myself who can take the good with the bad of the decade but also doesn't remember much about the uniforms from any league other than the NBA, I was wondering if anyone has any other 90s soccer jerseys to share, whether they be too-crazy like the inaugural MLS or moderately crazy like maybe some of the more respectable leagues of the era.

Thought I'd share a few that struck me from the article to get things started:

arsenal-94-home-pp-use2.jpg

Arsenal's 1994 home jersey, channeling their inner Zeus

burley-97-away-ls.jpg

Burnley's 1997 away jersey, rocking two sets of Adidas tri-stripes, with the chest ones fading out

liverpool-91-home-new-1-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-1-

Liverpool's 1991 home jersey, featuring the Adidas tri-stripe both asymmetrically and as a big logo (with my favorite club in my birth year wearing this as their main look, it's almost as if I was destined to have to embrace 90s trends)

man-city-93-home-use-2.jpgman-united-93-away-use-37-1-2-1-2-1-1-1-

Manchester City's 1993 home jersey and Manchester United's 1993 away jersey, in a year where Umbro took sublimation too far and figured they'd create a tribal print out of their logo while they were at it

newcastle-97-home-use-4-1-2-1-2-1-1-2-2-

Newcastle United's 1997 jersey, in an ugly stacked Adidas template, but damn, they should have never ditched this sponsor

qpr-95-homepp-use-1.jpg

QPR's 1995 home jersey, with sleeve stripes resembling rows of human teeth?

sunderland-91-away-use-7-2-1.jpg

Sunderland's 1991 away jersey, kicking off the 90s as loudly as they could

swansea-96-home.jpg

Swansea City's 1996 home jersey, attempting to capture the NASCAR market?

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hull City 1992-93 (and a bit of the 93-94 season as well but that's another story)...

Friday-quiz_zpsa7de4084.jpg

I actually have one of these and wore it to our last match, which we won. So there. :P

As a bonus, here's some archive footage of the kit making its debut, along with a bit of supporter opinion. I spoil you all, I really do.

The acid induced 90's kits.

At least Tottenham were a little bit tamer although we did have PONY producing our kits

The first kit looked great then about after five washes the blue faded to a horrid shade of purple.

16308510.jpg

But we did have some great players making the PONY kit look good.

jlg10.jpg

glory10.png

zola-parma.jpg

Those shoulders almost look like stonewashed denim

I actually have one of these and wore it to our last match, which we won. So there. :P

As a bonus, here's some archive footage of the kit making its debut, along with a bit of supporter opinion. I spoil you all, I really do.

I wish we had more fan testimonials for the uniforms ITT

Jamaica during World Cup '98

1036577_big-lnd.jpg

I'd never seen the shorts that go with this jersey till now...what brand was responsible for this swoosh? And what's up with that collar template? (c.f. South Africa above)

better_3.jpg

God bless the inaugural MLS season.

What an image...

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

The adidas teams were pretty good. Everyone else was just ugly. I really wish adidas would bring back the Crew's original look.

Kappa was responsible for Jamaica's outrageous uniforms. USA looked pretty good that tournament but played horribly.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

And the second biggest Germany club, Borussia Dortmund:

They've had some creativity back then. :P

1991:

i_920_BVB_Homberg_1991_92.jpg

1992:

borussia-dortmund-home-football-shirt-19data.jpg

1994, my personal favourite:

Dortmund1994Riedle13.jpg

1995:

0022437586-0053237673.jpg

1996:

am-20-oktober-1996-endete-die-partie-zwi

1997:

data.jpg

Finally the neon era ended with these (imo) beauties:

43442_0.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Archived