Las Vegas Aces- NHL Expansion

sparkychewbarky

The logos and word-marks are nicely rendered. I just wish you used a more distinctive colour scheme as the black and white is very similar to the L.A. Kings. Adding a third colour would be the perfect way to rectify this IMO.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. You just never fail to impress. Gary Bettman, look here now. Along with that prospective owner. Great work.

Nothing much to say other than these look sharp. I don't necessarily agree that you need a third color, I think black and white alone look great. If you did though the stroke around the secondary on the bike wouldn't be bad as a seldom used third color.

I always enjoy your concepts in terms of thoughtfulness and presentation, looking at your graphics as well as reading your explanations is just as enjoyable as seeing the concepts you come up with and make this section of the boards way more fun than just clicking and looking a pictures. Thanks for sharing.

That is an incredible design with what would be a unique color scheme. I hope the NHL is reading this.

Amazing, you keep on making these amazing logos for any hockey team! Keep it up!

Thank you guys. Much appreciated. I'm glad the logo's getting a "thumbs-up".

Fifty8, I wanna go with B&W, but it IS close to what the L.A. Kings have.

Love that wordmark. I'm imagining now that the wordmark could be on the jersey's crest and the logo would be on the shoulders, but it's up to you, really. It's your concept after all.

Stay tuned Big Red...I've got an alt concept coming up that I think you'll like.

Two things, it looks beautiful, and it "might" need a color. Just so that it won't get confused with the Kings. It'd also be cool to see the team get the score bug treatment from each broadcasting group.

I'm going to "show" several colour combos as well as the B&W. Thanks mm.

I think the identity needs much more color to work as a vegas team. Logo is outstanding though!

EDIT: I recommend a bright yellow because the color keeps the identity in its current great look, represents Vegas well, and would be unique in the NHL. (I was thinking a color similar to the Nike color Yellow Strike or the Las Vegas logo I made for my indoor soccer series in my signature)

Hi jaker...of course "Vegas Gold" would be an ideal choice, but Pittsburgh is using that colour.

I'm not sure about yellow, because of its inclusion in the Boston, Nashville9 colour schemes (and now Pittsburgh with their alts).

I am going to try a darker yellow-gold.

Sexy logo and word mark. I agree with the others, maybe some color? Even just some piping or outlining? Beautiful and totally realistic though!

Thanks BK. Colours coming up....

The logos and word-marks are nicely rendered. I just wish you used a more distinctive colour scheme as the black and white is very similar to the L.A. Kings. Adding a third colour would be the perfect way to rectify this IMO.

You're right Morgo...black, white and something else, if black and white is too similar to the Kings.

Thanks for the feedback.

Colours and Uniforms

With the logos completed, we can tackle the colour-scheme issue.

I was totally going down the B&W path after seeing this commercial...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXE_p_1Squg

Because of its contrast B&W really pops!

However, even though the L.A. Kings are technically black, white and silver, they pretty much look B&W, and geographically would be one of the closer teams to Vegas.

What do you think? Too similiar?....

Lva-50.jpg

Team Colours and Uniforms cont'd...

I wanted a simple, unique pattern to the unis.

As far as I know no team is using the shoulder stripes.

NHL standard (on the arms) seems to be -shoulder patch- numbers- and then stripes below the numbers.

I wanted the striping to reflect the striping within the logo, and I wanted a curvy seam somewhere to tie in with the rounded "Ace" shape.

I made up with this template...

Lva-45.jpg

I love how the Aces mark looks on the motorcycle with gold as an outlining color added to the grey/black/white scheme. Even if it was just that, outlining the logo and maybe in the numbers as well. A minimalist touch would make it stand out more.

This might be a bit out of the blue, but I think a jersey with blue shoulders, and a red chest might look pretty intresting and maybe throw the main logo on the sleeves or shoulders. (I'm referencing the CSKA Moscow jersey that was in the late 70's or so, look up Valeri Kharlamov and look at the picture on Wikipedia that has him in his CSKA Moscow jersey)

NHL needs more colour!

I think more colours may actually be the way of the future, judging by current fashion trends.

Keep in mind, I'm not attempting to intrude on your design in any way!

Just throwing it against the wall! :)

3aKTw5y.png

Favorite teams: Dynamo Moscow, Detroit Red Wings, Jokerit, Manchester United, Kitchener Rangers

As some have said the grey-blue fits well but I like the suggestion of trying olive green. That would be a unique scheme to the NHL and would be different enough from the kings without being too close to Dallas. I like the uniform a lot though, it does a good job of looking like the logo without trying too hard.

Fake Edit:

Every time I look at the brown option it grows on me. It's a sneaky good choice.

Steel Blue w/o armpit piping would be beautiful!

Thanks mm. I took out the "armpits".

how about trying to use olive green same colors as the WWII bombers? just for a change?

I'm giving that a shot JM. Thank you.

I actually like the black, but the Gray-blue is definitely the way to go. Awesome look. Maybe keep the black as an alternate.

The gold looks nice too, but I like the blue a lot better.

I love how the Aces mark looks on the motorcycle with gold as an outlining color added to the grey/black/white scheme. Even if it was just that, outlining the logo and maybe in the numbers as well. A minimalist touch would make it stand out more.

I'm gonna keep the black as an alternative. I'm also going to try some gold as a spot or highlight colour. Good suggestions B-mer.

The grey-blue works well for the military-jet theme, but the dark gold feels more Las Vegas. You probably can't go wrong either way.

Thanks Whittier. I think the grey-blue is a little stronger than the gold, but I'm gonna try a touch of gold somewhere.

This might be a bit out of the blue, but I think a jersey with blue shoulders, and a red chest might look pretty intresting and maybe throw the main logo on the sleeves or shoulders. (I'm referencing the CSKA Moscow jersey that was in the late 70's or so, look up Valeri Kharlamov and look at the picture on Wikipedia that has him in his CSKA Moscow jersey)

NHL needs more colour!

I think more colours may actually be the way of the future, judging by current fashion trends.

Keep in mind, I'm not attempting to intrude on your design in any way!

Just throwing it against the wall! :)

Welcome Dynamo, and thanks for the feedback. I agree that the NHL needs more colour but I'm not sure that it needs more red and blue. (although CSKA Moscow looks real sharp)

As some have said the grey-blue fits well but I like the suggestion of trying olive green. That would be a unique scheme to the NHL and would be different enough from the kings without being too close to Dallas. I like the uniform a lot though, it does a good job of looking like the logo without trying too hard.

Fake Edit:

Every time I look at the brown option it grows on me. It's a sneaky good choice.

The brown's kinda growing on me too Fifty.

I think name should be vegas blackjacks if town ever gets professional sport team but I do like concept

Thanks sean.

I'm removing the black and gold options.

Black is too close to the Kings and I think that the brown, grey-blue, and now olive options are stronger than the gold...

However, I am going to have a black alt, and see about working in a metallic gold as a spot colour.

I also took out the black pits...

Grey-Blue

Lva-51.jpg

Olive...

Lva-55.jpg

Brown...

Lva-52.jpg

The Black Alt...

Lva-53.jpg

Archived