Las Vegas Aces- NHL Expansion

sparkychewbarky

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All three options are an improvement over the last jerseys and the originality of the schemes is appreciated. Grey-Blue is obviously the safest option but I think the Brown version is the most successful. Brown, Black and White is such an underused colour scheme and it really works well with your logo set. Looking forward to seeing the final set!

Thanks Morgo.

I'm convinced now that there needs to be a "brown and something" team in the NHL.

Brown looked surprisingly good. The grey-blue just suited the theme a bit more IMO, and, as you say, it was a safer pick.

muj1DZZ.png

For the color scheme, I think it'd be cool of you integrated colors from above, which are more air force-y. This is from a concept on these boards by BrandMooreArt

BrandMooreArt

BrandMooreArt has given us some super-nice stuff. He has such good design "sense".

The grey-blue option was closest in colour to his above-shown concept.

I like the shoulder stripes better - helps add uniqueness to a basic* colour scheme. And I hate mention Battalion again but what if you use the later Aces script and spade as main logo and use the Air Force logo on the forearm part like the Battalion do? Just a thought since I really like the shoulder stripe route

I like the shoulder stripes better - helps add uniqueness to a basic* colour scheme. And I hate mention Battalion again but what if you use the later Aces script and spade as main logo and use the Air Force logo on the forearm part like the Battalion do? Just a thought since I really like the shoulder stripe route

Thanks #1. That sounds interesting. I'm gonna give that option a try and I'll post it sometime over the weekend.

Your idea looks pretty good #1.

I put the 3 Home uni options side by side for comparison...

Lva-64.jpg

...and did the same for the 2 away options...

Lva-65.jpg

When you see the unis together, I find that the simple ace logo stands out a bit better than the script logo.

I also agree with #1 that the shoulder stripes give the sweaters a unique look.

So...here's the Las Vegas Aces uniform line-up...

Lva-66.jpg

...along with 2 "Special Event" sweaters (more to come)...

Lva-67.jpg

...Up next..."Ace Vegas- Hockey Hound" mascot...

Guest darkpiranha

Once again, amazing.

Now, you're at the point where you have so much stuff out there that's spread out among so many threads... it's time for you to do a sort of Yearbook magazine where you collect everything you've done in a cool pdf or online magazine format. Update it as you finish new series. It's too much cool stuff that shouldn't fly under the radar or be buried under a thousand other threads. (I think everyone should do this once they finish a series, but you especially)

I like it!

Now, you're at the point where you have so much stuff out there that's spread out among so many threads... it's time for you to do a sort of Yearbook magazine where you collect everything you've done in a cool pdf or online magazine format. Update it as you finish new series. It's too much cool stuff that shouldn't fly under the radar or be buried under a thousand other threads. (I think everyone should do this once they finish a series, but you especially)

Thanks guys.

That's a good suggestion darkp. It would make looking for old stuff a lot easier.

Ace Vegas / Mascot

There are several aspects from a classic aviation theme that you can draw from for promotional ideas.

I like the old mascot graphics that would appear on fighter planes and bombers.

Here's a couple of better known ones...

Lva-44.jpg

The "Flying Tiger" emblem was created by Walt Disney!!

"Ace Vegas" (the name kinda wrote itself) wears a classic flight jacket and old-style pilot hat.

The long cap flaps become the hound's ears...

Lva-31.jpg

An "Ace Vegas" logo...

Lva-40.jpg

... And it'd be cool to have a logo with the nose of a jet painted, a la Houston Aeros.

I liked this idea mm, and the old Aeros logos was one of my faves.

The "shark-nosed" plane idea wasn't part of the original graphics package.

But...let's say that the Aces painted up an old P-40 shell or mock-up for display, and "Ace" has a similar P-40 buggy "cart" that he zips around in, on the ice between periods.

That idea could also be a second Ace logo...

Lva-68.jpg

Lva-69.jpg

I hate to keep waxing poetic because I will get accused of not offering anything in the way of constructive criticism but as great as your logo and uniform concepts are...when you do the mascots and merch and the storybook type illustrations, the work as a whole package goes to a whole different level of awesomeness. Both illustrations of Ace are amazing!

Archived