Las Vegas Aces- NHL Expansion

sparkychewbarky

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just spent a ridiculous amount of time looking through this when I should have been working.... I will spend my lunch hour looking at your other threads.

This has to be, hands down, 100% the BEST concept I have ever seen. Yeah, I've seen logos I've liked more, but everything here from the first logo to the advertising to the merch is awesome and the presentation of it all is epic.

If the Aces (or the Knights!) gets snapped up, I will be buying some of that merch!

Seriously, SERIOUSLY good. If this is not your full time job then it should be. Like, now. Immediately.

sigen.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys...

Thanks for all the support and feedback.

A quick update...

It's 99.99% certain that a new Las Vegas NHL team will officially be made a reality next week...pretty exciting!

I've sent this concept in to the potential new owners, and haven't heard a word back.

I fully expect them to have developed an identity by now...and hey, I gave it my best shot.

Odds are that they'll go with "Knights or "Black Knights", but the "Aces" option is still hanging' in there.

Here's a snapshot of the "final" logos and uni...

LVA-02.jpg

LVA-01.jpg

We'll see what happens...maybe we'll be raising a glass to the new Las Vegas Aces....

LVK4.jpg

Thanks again everyone!

sparky

I'm not a Vegas native, but the few I've talked to have LOVED your Aces identity. Black Knights doesn't seem to resonate with the locals, as well and feels like it's Foley forcing his choice, a little. It could easily be argued that a guy forking out $500 mil has a right to name it, and I can't really disagree.

I really think a name the team contest is the city's best bet. It creates interest, hype, and gives the city a sense of ownership. For a risky market like Vegas, every advantage helps. 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

7 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I'm not a Vegas native, but the few I've talked to have LOVED your Aces identity.

7 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Aces would be good for a few reasons....it's a solid name that's very underused in sports in general and it would help further develop the natural regional rivalry with the Kings. (Aces vs. Kings)

2 hours ago, NoE38 said:

This is one of the best all-around concepts I have seen on the boards.

Your work is amazing Sparky!

Thanks guys. The "Aces" name is the best choice for Vegas IMO.

On 6/17/2016 at 10:13 PM, sparky chewbarky said:

Thanks guys. The "Aces" name is the best choice for Vegas IMO.

Agreed! The double meaning plays so well. And having "Kings" and "Knights" in the Pacific is a bit too Medieval.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing really new here. Just playing around with some images...

I was sorry to hear that Datsyuk is leaving the NHL. 

I tried a new template with the Pavel...

DATSYUK%20aces%20home.jpg

DATSYUK%20aces%20away.jpg

Also...the trend now, is to place a motto on the inside of the collar.

The words that appear on the Nevada State flag would work...

COLLAR%20LV%202.jpg

8 hours ago, sparky chewbarky said:

Nothing really new here. Just playing around with some images...

I was sorry to hear that Datsyuk is leaving the NHL. 

I tried a new template with the Pavel...

DATSYUK%20aces%20home.jpg

DATSYUK%20aces%20away.jpg

Also...the trend now, is to place a motto on the inside of the collar.

The words that appear on the Nevada State flag would work...

COLLAR%20LV%202.jpg

I'm COMPLETELY on board with this concept. sparky chewbarky, I really hope to God that you are directly in contact with Bill Foley. And hopefully he hires you to use your identity package if he is to give the Aces name serious consideration for the team name. I do like the brown alternate jersey idea with the beige pants. But I don't feel the Vancouver Canucks logo on the pants for the Las Vegas NHL team is something I would go with. When I got a look at the above jersey neckline design you made, that sealed the deal for me.

I have been following your work from the Black Knights and Aces concept ideas you first shared. I like this updated Aces version even more.

If Mr. Foley does hire you and does adopt your proposed identity, I honestly believe that merchandise including the jerseys would sell like hotcakes. I would buy one ASAP. If the gentleman that created the original Manitoba Moose alternate crest logo can be hired by that team to create their look, the Las Vegas team sure can with you. Seriously I say well done. I will cross my fingers and toes that somehow you are in touch with Mr. Foley and your hiring happens.

Before I say this, I'm really nitpicking here. Both Las Vegas series, along with the 4 expansion teams are amazing, and I admire the hard work in effort you put into it. The ONE thing always bothering me is the inconsistency between collars, laced and regular Reebok...

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

18 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

Before I say this, I'm really nitpicking here. Both Las Vegas series, along with the 4 expansion teams are amazing, and I admire the hard work in effort you put into it. The ONE thing always bothering me is the inconsistency between collars, laced and regular Reebok...

To be fair, templates only provide so much you can use.

--

This still looks fantastic, by the way. And I agree with cityhockeyfever, do what you gotta do to make this thing a reality. They'll pretty much have a great, traditional identity right out of the box and they'd be set for years to come. Hell, I'd buy a jersey and I think a Las Vegas team is a ludicrous idea to begin with. They'd be even more stupid to turn this down and go with that generic Black Knights name.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived