College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Oregon State practice helmets

B_ImsJDUoAAcTek.jpg

Is the purpose behind practice helmets being that the new helmet finishes primarily produced by HGI are too expensive and not durable enough for the practice field? The ducks also use forest green molded plastic helmets for some practices as well.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B_ImsJDUoAAcTek.jpg

Clashes with the bumper but otherwise those look fantastic.

Looks to be a nod to the 80s and 90s Beavers-script helmets (though the 80s and 90s helmets were white).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

B_ImsJDUoAAcTek.jpg

Is the purpose behind practice helmets being that the new helmet finishes primarily produced by HGI are too expensive and not durable enough for the practice field? The ducks also use forest green molded plastic helmets for some practices as well.

TCU does the same with a plain purple helmet for practice.

TCU_FOOTBALL_PRACTICE_108_32415088.jpg

It's not worth tearing up for spring ball. Kent State kept their helmets gold for spring so they didn't have to get them reconditioned twice

You likely wouldn't need to get them reconditioned twice as long as you performed regular maintenance at the end of the season. Then you send them out after spring.

It's not worth tearing up for spring ball. Kent State kept their helmets gold for spring so they didn't have to get them reconditioned twice

You likely wouldn't need to get them reconditioned twice as long as you performed regular maintenance at the end of the season. Then you send them out after spring.

Exactly. They had to send them out after to heathen repainted navy blue.

It's sad to see Louisville's decline with their uniforms.

2012:

129903477.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Beautiful.

2013:

new-louisville-cards-adidas-football-uni

New number font is cool, but they inexplicably thinned out the helmet stripe (the middle one, at least).

2014:

456218436.0.jpg

Helmet stripes removed altogether, stupid chrome logo and facemask.

new-louisville-black-football-uniform-67

New black alt. I won't lie, I actually kinda like the jersey, but that helmet is awful.

4802375_G.jpg

HORRIBLE grey alt.

And now the mess seen above.

Louisville's new uniforms. :puke:

B_glw3rUcAA-Ow4.jpg

I see only one good thing about these and that is there appears to be no tire tread. Other than that, I am beginning to despise Adidas more and more by the day. The horrible template they are currently using is making good uniform design almost impossible.

Louisville's new uniforms. :puke:

B_glw3rUcAA-Ow4.jpg

I see only one good thing about these and that is there appears to be no tire tread. Other than that, I am beginning to despise Adidas more and more by the day. The horrible template they are currently using is making good uniform design almost impossible.

I'm pretty sure the tire treads are still in use. The photo isnt that high in value so its really hard to tell but I doubt that Adidas has stopped using it yet.

Tj4ZkPU.png

1zwchs3.jpg_zpshph8rzul.png

27xqdyc.jpg_zps7iobnqxz.png

Archived