College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

The sledge hammers were a Petrino thing. The team used to carry a sledge hammer out with them when they were announced pre-game too. They only used them for two seasons and then when he was fired John L. Smith changed the stickers to tusks. Those just looked terrible and Bielema didn't use them his first year. He added the hog head which is a little too big for my taste for a pride sticker but still a better option than the tusk. They definitely won't go back to the hammer however.

But it worked. It was very Seminole-like. Having a completely different pride sticker works. Having a hog as your main logo and then a hog head as your pride sticker just looks lame. That's why I think the mallet/hammers worked. That's why I think the S for MSU and Standford DONT work.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sledge hammers were a Petrino thing. The team used to carry a sledge hammer out with them when they were announced pre-game too. They only used them for two seasons and then when he was fired John L. Smith changed the stickers to tusks. Those just looked terrible and Bielema didn't use them his first year. He added the hog head which is a little too big for my taste for a pride sticker but still a better option than the tusk. They definitely won't go back to the hammer however.

But it worked. It was very Seminole-like. Having a completely different pride sticker works. Having a hog as your main logo and then a hog head as your pride sticker just looks lame. That's why I think the mallet/hammers worked. That's why I think the S for MSU and Standford DONT work.

Stanford uses axes as pride stickers.

And I'm not sure how a spartan head as the main logo and an S as a pride sticker is the same as two hog logos.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

And I'm not sure how a spartan head as the main logo and an S as a pride sticker is the same as two hog logos.

I think Michigan State uses spears as the pride sticker. Definitely not an S.628x471.jpg

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think Michigan State uses spears as the pride sticker. Definitely not an S.628x471.jpg

I think MSU uses 2 different ones... S's and spears. Standford I was wrong on.

I guess what looks off to me is the size and overall detail. You can't tell what Stanford or MSU use... even when the camera is close. tOSU and FSU are easily identifiable on the helmet.

The S's are definitely on the right side of the helmet. The spears are on the left side.

tackle.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Won't help them win but...

What's been speculated for the past few weeks now appears to be coming to fruition, as Wolverine247 has confirmed reports that the 2015 Michigan team will have helmet stickers and will abandon the "Legend" jerseys brought back by the Brady Hoke staff.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Helmet-Stickers-In-Legends-Jerseys-Out-36435631

DWD_Sig_zpsbbf8ibvd.png

Louisville's new uniforms. :puke:

B_glw3rUcAA-Ow4.jpg

I see only one good thing about these and that is there appears to be no tire tread. Other than that, I am beginning to despise Adidas more and more by the day. The horrible template they are currently using is making good uniform design almost impossible.

I'm pretty sure the tire treads are still in use. The photo isnt that high in value so its really hard to tell but I doubt that Adidas has stopped using it yet.

Adidas has 2 versions of the exact same jerseys.. "TechFit" and "TechFit ShockWeb" the shockweb version is the "tire tread", but most big Adidas teams have stuck to the plain techfit.. We just signed with Adidas since our UA contract expired, and my opinions were pretty much completely ignored, so we'll be looking as bad as humanly (or "Adidasly") possible..

ShockWeb Jerseys

Redundant helmet logo on sleeves and front hip

No tv numbers

Scrapping silver grey for "lead" (dark grey)

Just saw this tweet from Matt Porter who covers the Miami Hurricanes for the Paml Beach Post:

@mattyports: What I've heard about the Hurricanes' new Adidas unis: late summer unveil; 5, poss. 6 flavors (orange/green/white/black, w/ retro option).

:censored::angered:

Just came across this picture posted by an OU recruit. Looks like Oklahoma is finally ditching the Destroyer template in favor of the Mach Speed:

8Qm4qe7.jpg

will penn state and Michigan state will be updating their uniforms to the new template

I agree Miami doesnt need or shouldn't have black, but 1) a lot of people clamor for them and 2) the baseball and basketball team had black for years

KISSwall09.jpg

Just saw this tweet from Matt Porter who covers the Miami Hurricanes for the Paml Beach Post:

@mattyports: What I've heard about the Hurricanes' new Adidas unis: late summer unveil; 5, poss. 6 flavors (orange/green/white/black, w/ retro option).

:censored::angered:

Dammit.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived