College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

these are a big improvement, except for the toilet seat collar and the darn helmet decals. I've already bitched about them in the past. What about an update of this for the helmets

7uIBTuu.gif

ok, this one might be a little too groovy

q4lYkop.gif

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, glad to see the Golden Gopher font used more (sarcasm).

Still don't like the WF logo as Times News Roman shouldn't be used for most things outside of Microsoft Word.

Wasn't a fan of the sleeves at first, but after seeing the meaning behind them and where the idea came from, I'm warming up to them.

Overall, I give these a 7.5/10.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

this is Nike's usual bag of tricks. pattern fill on the sleeves, new number font, a few helmet options, etc. but what they've done with Wake Forrest and all the CFB teams this year is their best work in a long time because they've gone about it so tastefully. TCU seems like an experiment, but looking at Colorado, WF, UNC, Army, and even Oregon Spring Game stuff i think this is Nike's best design year for CFB since they redefined what a uniform design could be in 2010. im the first to call Nike on their typical BS and horrible decisions, but i can't say anything too bad about them this year. in fact, i think Army's re-brand is by far the worst of the bunch but that's because of the identity as a whole - the football uniforms still look great.

in the NFL it's a completely different story. i wonder if they now have 2 teams handling the football design (and maybe more than that) because the CFB stuff looks nothing like the NFL. i want to see what Under Armor does before the beginning of the season, but im about to call Nike the best design team in NCAA football right now. i couldn't say that the last few years, but they've really turned a corner for the good.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I really like this set. It's a collar away from me loving it.

The pattern is really cool. The number font is fine. I don't mind "Nike speak" when they actually utilize it in the design and it's based on concrete things instead of abstract. Ex. They utilize the angles and the pattern is reflective of the school shield as opposed to something like "symbolizing strength and unity"

The chrome helmet doesn't bother me much because there is no chrome logo that gets lost and the black facemask breaks it up nicely.

Nikes having a great yr thus far.

Best uniform overhaul of NC ACC schools this year.

Love it.

And Duke is going to speed machine versions of its 2008-13 (and 1960s) "Colts" uniform, with an updated Iron Duke D on the flywire and a slightly bigger version of the updated DUKE block font below it.

I also like them using the full ACC football logo in place of the ACC by itself.

All ACC schools are switching their patches to the full ACC Football logo this year.

As someone said earlier, we still have yet to see what Tennessee will be wearing. That will honestly be the make or break point for Nike's offseason in my mind - that is if it's anything different than the Vol's traditional uniforms. Nike has certainly outdone themselves this season. I'm very impressed.

Granted it's only May, but I am a bit surprised we haven't seen anything new from Under Armour. Yea we've seen Auburn's new template, but that wasn't unveiled like everything else. Just off the top of my head I can't think of any UA schools that should be getting new looks, since a lot of them have over the past year or two. (It is finals week, so I'm sure I'm overlooking something)

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

As we're done seeing the new uniforms of the Colorado, Michigan State, North Carolina, Army and TCU, we're waiting on the Tennessee unveiling uniforms as they're switching to Nike from crappy Adidas. Same thing for the Miami and Arizona State as they switch from Nike to Adidas. Any idea when the date will be announced for the showings?

I think UT's is July 1st. A guy connected to the athletic dept posts on volnation as DeerPark12 and mentioned the numbers will be different than what we have now or have had in the past. He compared them to baylor and arkansas. There's a thread dedicated to uniforms.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/191152-vol-uniform-helmet-design-discussion-ii.html

These are pretty clean. The Nike-speak is very obvious in the video though. More of a comedy skit than anything there

11058101.jpeg

11058210.jpeg

So is this what we are getting now, shoulder cap patterns for everyone? Florida State, Michigan State, Wake Forest...

I also like the Golden Gophers Demon Deacons new font.

Shoulder caps have been the fad for a good 3 years now i've already gotten used to it .

I understand that... but I meant specifically teams getting PATTERNS on their shoulder caps.

These are pretty clean. The Nike-speak is very obvious in the video though. More of a comedy skit than anything there

11058101.jpeg

11058210.jpeg

So is this what we are getting now, shoulder cap patterns for everyone? Florida State, Michigan State, Wake Forest...

I also like the Golden Gophers Demon Deacons new font.

Shoulder caps have been the fad for a good 3 years now i've already gotten used to it .

I understand that... but I meant specifically teams getting PATTERNS on their shoulder caps.

Cal has a sublimated Bear on our shoulder cap ...not sure if that is the same as a pattern but its not the typical "fill it in" thing. I think Power 5 schools get patterns , the lower tiers use the catalog fill in

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I think its a little bit of an error to NOT have the WF logo on the front of the collar. Personally, I just like when there is consistency, so I would rather have the same logo on the collar that's on the helmet.

My only complaint with almost all of these is the pants no pant stripes but with Nikes fill in the template design that is probably good!

I agree with Brandon this is by far the best year for Nike I have seen please get my Vols right no sleeve caps though!

Also Wakes W pattern is inspired by the academic logo

WFU_Univ_H_RGB.jpg

Can someone explain the purpose or idea behind those shoulder stripes for wake?

You asked for it:

"The jersey sleeves include a new pattern that provides an unmistakable connection to Wake Forest’s history. Drawn from the University Shield and the wrought-iron architectural details that punctuate the campus, the graphic forms a stylized “W.” Its arching branches suggest growth and collaboration — keys to success as Coach Dave Clawson enters his second season with the Demon Deacons."

http://news.nike.com/news/wake-forest-history-inspires-new-nike-football-uniform-design

I buy it. I'm surprised this came from Nike though; I associate them with modern sleeve stripes (c.f. Texas Tech, OK State, and now UConn), whereas Under Armour seems to be more into sleeve patterns (which they nailed with Utah most recently)--that architectural explanation sounds right of the UA's Northwestern Gothic uniform press release, actually.I guess Nike has 2 new things when it comes to sleeve design now.

Texas Tech is an Under Armour school.

IOWA HAWKEYES // KANSAS CITY CHIEFS // MINNESOTA TWINS

My only complaint with almost all of these is the pants no pant stripes but with Nikes fill in the template design that is probably good!

I agree with Brandon this is by far the best year for Nike I have seen please get my Vols right no sleeve caps though!

I hope they keep the pants stripes on the Vols uniform, heck I wish Nike would incorporate pant stripes on 7 out of 10 uniforms.

spacer.png

I hope they keep the pants stripes on the Vols uniform, heck I wish Nike would incorporate pant stripes on 7 out of 10 uniforms.

That really depends on whether or not Nike would give them proper pants stripes or those stupid truncated wraparound stripes.

Archived