College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kansas and Iowa State was a nice looking game.

Shouldn't like the Kansas helmet with KU on one side and Jayhawk on other but I kind of do. They could reduce the Jayhawk by about 25% though. They also switched to a blue/chrome facemask. Iowa State looks decent in monochrome but they should consider dropping the grey facemask.

8YUM9SF.jpg

How could a team look SO good but be SO bad

Seriously? I can think of a lot of adjectives for Kansas' uniforms, but "good" is not one of them.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

2fbc-um-florida-2050c-1024x828.jpg

The perfect example of how to turn two normally beautiful teams into hot garbage, yikes. This is the second time in 5 weeks Florida has done all orange...is anyone else concerned?

I don't think Ole Miss looks that bad, just Navy-White-Navy is not their best look. Florida though... just stop with the orange please! Once is enough.

NEWSGG copy.png

shout out to this beautiful matchup too

usa-today-8839768.jpg

Why is Nebraska wearing white pants on the road these days? Someone needs to tell Riley to shut that down now.

agree and if Riley doesn't start winning, it'll be someone else's call.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Red pants and red facemasks. Throw them in the garbage Texas Tech.

I actually really liked both of those. They made the uniform pop.

I agree and they need to wear more red as they are the red raiders.

561071862ae62.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C16

spacer.png

Georgia Tech in their throwbacks and North Carolina looks absolutely GORGEOUS today. Maybe white pants for NC instead but I can't complain, fantastic looks for both teams.

Carolina would have the most attractive set in the land if they just tone down the argyle incorporation.

1024x1024.jpg

I don't think it needs to be toned down at all. It's a nice balance. Had they filled the cap sleeves with it, then that would be overkill.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The perfect example of how to turn two normally beautiful teams into hot garbage, yikes. This is the second time in 5 weeks Florida has done all orange...is anyone else concerned?

I don't think Ole Miss looks that bad, just Navy-White-Navy is not their best look. Florida though... just stop with the orange please! Once is enough.

You can't see it in that pictures but those blue pants say "Rebels" down the side. It's clashes big time with their more conservative/traditional look.

The Gators look 1000 times better with blue jerseys. I would like to see them in the Orange-Blue-Orange. Although the normal Orange-Blue-White combo will do. If they have to wear orange jerseys, wear them with white pants please. All orange, or orange jersey/blue pants (hasn't happen yet but it will likely happen soon enough) just doesn't work with a school that traditionally wears the school colors proudly.

Kansas and Iowa State was a nice looking game.

Shouldn't like the Kansas helmet with KU on one side and Jayhawk on other but I kind of do. They could reduce the Jayhawk by about 25% though. They also switched to a blue/chrome facemask. Iowa State looks decent in monochrome but they should consider dropping the grey facemask.

8YUM9SF.jpg

How could a team look SO good but be SO bad

Seriously? I can think of a lot of adjectives for Kansas' uniforms, but "good" is not one of them.

I think what he meant was that those Kansas uniforms aren't terrible compared to what Adidas usually comes up with. The helmet is bad, I'll give you that. They should just stick with the KU or the Jayhawk logo... I hate the mix-and-match.

But the gray pants are unique, but not over the top and don't have any pretentious elements like the over-sized logo that Adidas usually does. The gray can compliment the white or the blue jersey. The red is used sparingly, as a high light, rather than a focal point.

shout out to this beautiful matchup too

usa-today-8839768.jpg

My only issue with the new Illinois uniforms are that the numbers and font are completely different. The numerals are rounded, without any serifs. The font is block, italic, with serifs. Pick on and go with it. The only other thing is that there is an inconsistency with the stripe. If you look across the different pants and jersey, sometime the stripe has a middle color, sometime the middle color matches that pants/jersey. I think it distracts from the aestetic of the uniform. Imagine how great that Illini uniform would look if those orance pants had a simple, white stripe between the 2 orange lines? Complete consistency between all 3 uniform aspects.

That being said, I like that Nebraska's sleeve stripe is more visable and cleaner and a little better scaled compared to the pants stripe.

College football uniforms have officially jumped the shark:

FmGASrG.jpg
"A silhouette of Lewis and Clark, along with The Duck, appears as a decal on the helmet. Wrapping both sides of the headwear, it features Lewis looking through a telescope and The Duck pointing west, a nod to the explorers."

“The handshake signifies both what Nike was built upon (with the agreement between Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight) and what Thomas Jefferson wanted to advance as the Corps of Discovery traveled west,” said Paul Sullivan, Nike NCAA football art director and lead University of Oregon designer. .... WUT?! This had to have been written down because no one could ever say that with a straight face.

The 10 things about this uniform are so absurd.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Archived