College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We haven't seen the navy Illinois jerseys yet. I'm getting nervous they might not have them this year. However, they have confirmed the new I logo will be on the 50 yard line this year.

I think it was on Twitter that they confirmed thy would have the blue jerseys and pants this year. I'm still not happy that they decided to go with orange jerseys over blue when they could only choose one last year.

The new logo on the 50 is good news. I just assumed they were waiting until they replaced the turf to update the logo.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

^^I really don't care for that TCU look^^ Cap sleeves, large collar, gimmicky number font, needlessly chrome facemask, white helmet, and no stripes anywhere.

They need an overhaul to something a little more clean, like Sparty's new getups but with the new frogskin pattern.

Midway.png

Montana State's Twitter account (@msubobcats) will be releasing a new photo each day of the new uniforms for the next 27 days as there are 27 different combinations. Here is the first:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207328962251053&l=4abad09fac

27 different uni combos for Montana State.

Montana State.

Two words: enough already.

Just what are you implying exactly? Are you saying that because they are Montana State that they should't have so many combinations? Granted sometimes schools get out of hand, but with MSU we are talking about two or three helmets, three jerseys, and three pants. That's rather tame in comparison to other schools. I mean Kentucky, Illinois, Northwestern, and Washington pretty much have the same number of combos. So what are you trying to say exactly?

Montana State's Twitter account (@msubobcats) will be releasing a new photo each day of the new uniforms for the next 27 days as there are 27 different combinations. Here is the first:

Montana State.

Just what are you implying exactly? Are you saying that because they are Montana State that they should't have so many combinations? Granted sometimes schools get out of hand, but with MSU we are talking about two or three helmets, three jerseys, and three pants. That's rather tame in comparison to other schools. I mean Kentucky, Illinois, Northwestern, and Washington pretty much have the same number of combos. So what are you trying to say exactly?

he's implying that Montana State SUCKS

Montana State.

Why? Because they are FCS?

Montana State.

Why? Because they are FCS?

I was just joking really

We haven't seen the navy Illinois jerseys yet. I'm getting nervous they might not have them this year. However, they have confirmed the new I logo will be on the 50 yard line this year.

I think it was on Twitter that they confirmed thy would have the blue jerseys and pants this year. I'm still not happy that they decided to go with orange jerseys over blue when they could only choose one last year.

The new logo on the 50 is good news. I just assumed they were waiting until they replaced the turf to update the logo.

They just replaced the turf before the 2013 season. They could have easily replaced it in the offseason or midseason last year. In 2004, the 50 was blank until they sewed in the "I" midseason. Last year it was either they forgot to order the new piece of turf for the "I" or, more likely, they just figured nobody would notice. And the fact that only uniform freaks noticed the difference shows just how much they botched the rebrand. I still see news outlets and some merchandise using the Illinois-I logo in light blue and tangerine (and I'm not sure how the hell the school even allowed those logos to be created to begin with).

OldRomanSig2.jpg

was just joking really

Maybe, but it was 100% accurate. A tiny school in a second-tier league is doing this nonsense. Some people can excuse the "we need 5 helmets and 45 combos to compete with Oregon in recruiting" crap from even a MAC school. But these are 1 or 0 star recruits who are choosing this school over Billings Technical Institute who probably care more about the pharmacist program the schools offer than even how competitive they are in football, let alone uniforms. There are plenty better things the school could spend money on than football uniforms to be seen by 17,000 people a dozen times a year.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Plank couldn't go all the way and outfit the gridiron team?

Yeah, I was wondering too why the football team is done by Russell Athletic when you have those other sports done by Under Armour.

Surprisingly, I actually like that Russell Athletic jersey, for the level that school is at. Hope the pants aren't just plain white though.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

was just joking really

Maybe, but it was 100% accurate. A tiny school in a second-tier league is doing this nonsense. Some people can excuse the "we need 5 helmets and 45 combos to compete with Oregon in recruiting" crap from even a MAC school. But these are 1 or 0 star recruits who are choosing this school over Billings Technical Institute who probably care more about the pharmacist program the schools offer than even how competitive they are in football, let alone uniforms. There are plenty better things the school could spend money on than football uniforms to be seen by 17,000 people a dozen times a year.

LOL you know nothing about FCS programs and you spew this? Just LOL.

DWD_Sig_zpsbbf8ibvd.png

Archived