College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Why is adidas' treatment of graphics considered cheap looking, when Nike's golden son, Oregon, have chrome treatments on their jerseys too... are those not "cheap" ?

It's not even that. It's the execution of the concept. Nike's template looks clean and smooth, and everything on it looks good. Adidas, on the other hand, goes with super stretchy materials, a poor template that can't make anything look good, and always finds a way to ruin a good design. Chrome doesn't have anything to do with it.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is adidas' treatment of graphics considered cheap looking, when Nike's golden son, Oregon, have chrome treatments on their jerseys too... are those not "cheap" ?

It's not even that. It's the execution of the concept. Nike's template looks clean and smooth, and everything on it looks good. Adidas, on the other hand, goes with super stretchy materials, a poor template that can't make anything look good, and always finds a way to ruin a good design. Chrome doesn't have anything to do with it.

+1.

Adidas lacks execution, not vision, in my mind. The idea BEHIND the TechFits is fantastic: a harder-to-grab jersey which means your ball carriers are harder to tackle although it means your linemen won't draw as many holding calls for defenders grabbing a fistful of jersey. Still, the basic idea is solid. As the Adias exec said, "you can't tackle what you can't grab."

So, on one hand I applaud them for trying to innovate, but then I see that UA and Nike have similar innovations and ALSO DON'T screw the design pooch in the process.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

UNT's new jerseys are fine, would look better if the stripes were 100% solid. The pants are just boring.

ASU's jersey's are pretty good, in fact I like them better than the last nike jersey. The pants are decent, the pitchfork looks very applied and unnatural to me. But the helmets are bad. The maroon helmet should have a gold fork. The white helmet should only be worn when going all white and the black helmet should only be worn when going all black. Gold helmets and pants should be worn for a good majority of the season. My main issue with these uniforms are probably going to be like the main issue I had with the last Nike set. It's not the design, it's how they wear it. White/Maroon/White and Black/White/Black is just not ASU. (unless you're talking about Arkansas stAte)

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

+1.

Adidas lacks execution, not vision, in my mind. The idea BEHIND the TechFits is fantastic: a harder-to-grab jersey which means your ball carriers are harder to tackle although it means your linemen won't draw as many holding calls for defenders grabbing a fistful of jersey. Still, the basic idea is solid. As the Adias exec said, "you can't tackle what you can't grab."

So, on one hand I applaud them for trying to innovate, but then I see that UA and Nike have similar innovations and ALSO DON'T screw the design pooch in the process.

i agree about 50%. i dont think they lack vision, i think they're just focued on a slightly different audience. i dont like the way they're styling the decoration either but i do appreciate their goal of making the jersey the best performing jersey it can be. that includes how they apply the numbers. and the decoration of them is not focused on longevity like Nike has shown this year, but is more trendy. in that sense its actually a smart move, no way they can "out Nike" Nike, which is actually what UA seems to be doing.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I think another thing is that when Nike used the chrome helmet & numbers for Oregon, it was truly innovative and they were the first team to do it. Also, to my knowledge, that's the only team that Nike has given those chrome numbers to.

A problem with Adidas is that its like they don't stitch anything anymore, every single jersey they produce is heat pressed on with those shiny metallic chrome numbers.

North Texas looks alright. Sleeve pattern is lifted from what Arizona had for a while and the pants are from the old Mizzou set, if I recall properly.

Those looks aren't bad independently but the sleeves are sort of blocky/triangular and sharp, while the pants are more curvy and swooshy, if that makes any sense. Not a great pairing in terms of design matching.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

New Generic Adidas wings helmet for Bowling Green

New FDL for ULL

CLCB4YIVAAAeTba.jpg

Most of the stuff i post here is what i find on the uniswag twitter account they repost a lot of the smaller schools

That is freaking beautiful.

100% agree. I wouldn't be opposed to that being their full time look.

New FDL for ULL

CLCB4YIVAAAeTba.jpg

Most of the stuff i post here is what i find on the uniswag twitter account they repost a lot of the smaller schools

That is freaking beautiful.

100% agree. I wouldn't be opposed to that being their full time look.

If it were much smaller, I wouldn't be opposed.

CLCVB2lVEAAozRJ.jpg

New FDL for ULL

CLCB4YIVAAAeTba.jpg

That's weird considering bowling green is Nike now.
It's the same clip art wings Adidas gave them and a few other teams that had birds as mascots. Nike doesn't make helmets.

Archived