College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New black and gold helmets with awesome chain/anchor stripe for Vandy! https://twitter.com/coach_chancevu/status/629046288705847296

Just came to post those. They look great!

CLrSQsEWgAA5ahP.jpg

I really like the concept. I think the V-Star would have been better if it was scaled down a little smaller. I also would have liked to see gold logo/stripe on the white helmet.

On a side note... it is interesting to see how far off the decals are on the helmet. If you look at the back view, look at the points of the stars compared to where holes in the helmet are.

Not feeling Vandy's helmets. It feel a little too cheesy for me. I like the incorporation of the anchor element, but this feels a little too over the top.

Over the top is the phrase I was thinking of. It's something I might think would look kind of cool in my head but discard when I actually saw it in front of me. Maybe a skinnier, subtler chain and no anchor might work?

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC DallasMinnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

Good old Preston Parker. Anyone wanna get drunk and fall asleep in the Drive Thru of the McDonalds on Tennessee?

He went to FSU? I could have sworn he went to North Alabama? /s

Went to FSU first and got kicked off the team after his Junior year then he transferred to North Alabama.

New black and gold helmets with awesome chain/anchor stripe for Vandy! https://twitter.com/coach_chancevu/status/629046288705847296

Just came to post those. They look great!

CLrSQsEWgAA5ahP.jpg

I really like the concept. I think the V-Star would have been better if it was scaled down a little smaller. I also would have liked to see gold logo/stripe on the white helmet.

On a side note... it is interesting to see how far off the decals are on the helmet. If you look at the back view, look at the points of the stars compared to where holes in the helmet are.

OMIGOD!

tumblr_lggdj628ax1qe0195o1_250.gif

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Not feeling Vandy's helmets. It feel a little too cheesy for me. I like the incorporation of the anchor element, but this feels a little too over the top.

Over the top is the phrase I was thinking of. It's something I might think would look kind of cool in my head but discard when I actually saw it in front of me. Maybe a skinnier, subtler chain and no anchor might work?

I think just a little bit of scaling on the chain and anchor would have done a lot of good.

When it comes to this trend of putting logo decals on the back of the helmets... I actually really like it provided the logo on the back is somewhat symmetrical. I think it looks fantastic on Oregon's helmets. I think it looks solid on the Vanderbilt helmets. I think it fails with San Diego State's. SDSU's Arrow SD logo is somewhat even... but not symmetrical. Vandy's is similar... its not exactly symmetrical but its damn close. I think that is the key distinction when determining if these logos on the front center or back center of the helmet actually work.

Good old Preston Parker. Anyone wanna get drunk and fall asleep in the Drive Thru of the McDonalds on Tennessee?

He went to FSU? I could have sworn he went to North Alabama? /s

Went to FSU first and got kicked off the team after his Junior year then he transferred to North Alabama.

pssst the "/s" indicates sarcasm.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I've got a bad feeling about this.

You've gotta ball like us to live like us. 8.7.15 #12thMan #teamadidas

CLq5os0UEAARSBE.jpg

manziel-money-678x508.jpg

Way to re-ignite some controversy, Adidas.

It's a good thing you don't outfit Florida State, otherwise we'd probably get a tie-in with Trojan or Durex.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I've got a bad feeling about this.

You've gotta ball like us to live like us. 8.7.15 #12thMan #teamadidas

CLq5os0UEAARSBE.jpg

Did nobody at Adidas realize the association people are going to make between advertisements like this and paying for recruits?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived