College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps another sign that the Wisconsin-Adidas relationship is ending: Wisconsin appears to have abandoned the Techfit template . . .

55c7bdd7a48ff.image.jpg?resize=620%2C450

. . . which also allows for the return of the TV numbers to the sleeves:

55c7bdd1924af.image.jpg?resize=620%2C588

Rumor has it their move to UA is pretty much a done deal. They supposedly have met with Nike as well. I wish they would go with Nike but I'm guessing the $$$ offered by UA was significantly more. Either way I'll be happy getting rid of Adidas.

Adidas does not require schools to use TechFit uniforms, other than for alternates.

Wisconsin is bound by policy to take the highest bid, it's some sort of state guideline from what I was told recently.

Other than Michigan (which is switching to Nike next year), is there any other Power Five Adidas school that does not wear Techfit for its primaries?

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

Perhaps another sign that the Wisconsin-Adidas relationship is ending: Wisconsin appears to have abandoned the Techfit template . . .

55c7bdd7a48ff.image.jpg?resize=620%2C450

. . . which also allows for the return of the TV numbers to the sleeves:

55c7bdd1924af.image.jpg?resize=620%2C588

TV numbers or not, as simple as Wisconsin's uni design is, I think it looks a lot better on this "generic" Adidas template.

D2 West Florida (my alma mater) is having a practice only first year this season but today they unveiled their helmet:

CMN_O21W8AEAUob.jpg

The full uniform unveil is set for Monday.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

That might be more of Wisconsin deciding there was no advantage to tech fit. Of course if they were shown those cut up stripes they may have balked at it

Not every Techfit school has cut up stripes or numbers. I suspect that it's more an issue of Paul Chryst (new Head Coach, former Offensive Coordinator, and second-generation Wisconsin football alum) wanting to bring back the TV numbers. For comparison's sake, this is last year's model:joel-stave-melvin-gordon-ncaa-football-m

If you also notice Melvin Gordon even has the tech fit template while Joel Stave has an older style template

IowaWesternBanner.png

That might be more of Wisconsin deciding there was no advantage to tech fit. Of course if they were shown those cut up stripes they may have balked at it

Not every Techfit school has cut up stripes or numbers. I suspect that it's more an issue of Paul Chryst (new Head Coach, former Offensive Coordinator, and second-generation Wisconsin football alum) wanting to bring back the TV numbers. For comparison's sake, this is last year's model:joel-stave-melvin-gordon-ncaa-football-m

If you also notice Melvin Gordon even has the tech fit template while Joel Stave has an older style template
In the two years that Wisconsin used a Techfit template (three years if you include the "Unrivaled" alternates vs Nebraska), Stave was a holdout.

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

ijEQN5L.jpg

New EMU road uniforms designed by the seniors. The new wings are nice but the rest is trash.

wtf...I live like 20 minutes from EMU and have 2 brothers who will be attending there this year. Don't plan on seeing this game. And I thought the "E" usually has an outline? It could really use one on the helmet, because it clashes with the outlined numbers imo. It looks like the pants are just plain with a big-ish-sized E on them too.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

ijEQN5L.jpg

New EMU road uniforms designed by the seniors. The new wings are nice but the rest is trash.

This iswhy you don't let the kids decide what they want to wear. Only school color is here is white. They look more like Coastal Carolina than Eastern Michigan. It's a good design overall, just not one they should be using.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived