College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Illinois finally has their navy jerseys!OWOjlNu.jpg

Mannnn, I'd kill for WVU to have a font like that rather than the garbage we have now. That font reminds me of the Pat White era font. I think it's especially fitting with the flying WV logo. But yeah, anything would be better than that coal miner BS we have now

90758391980.gif

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Illinois finally has their navy jerseys!

Mannnn, I'd kill for WVU to have a font like that rather than the garbage we have now. That font reminds me of the Pat White era font. I think it's especially fitting with the flying WV logo. But yeah, anything would be better than that coal miner BS we have now

I know that WVU's got some janky looking numbers now, but I'm telling you: from the stands, the "Pat White-era" numbers were hard to read. 6s, 8s, 9s, and sometimes 5s, got all mixed up, especially in the early Rich Rodriguez days. If WVU were to just fix the couple of really weird numbers in their current set, this would be the best look they've had since the end of the Don Nehlen era (white drop-shadow numbers when Avon Cobourne played notwithstanding).

Florida State getting rid of the crossed spears on the back of the helmet. Kind of a downgrade, IMO.

https://twitter.com/Tim_Linafelt/status/613091065885794304

I believe the crossed spears were supposed to be an homage to the state flag. First time we saw the new design was the June edition of the Jimbo Fisher Football Camp a couple weeks ago.

Geoff is correct and the fact that it was an homage to the state flag could have been part of the problem; some believe the diagonal red bars are an homage to the Confederacy.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Florida State getting rid of the crossed spears on the back of the helmet. Kind of a downgrade, IMO.

I believe the crossed spears were supposed to be an homage to the state flag. First time we saw the new design was the June edition of the Jimbo Fisher Football Camp a couple weeks ago.

Geoff is correct and the fact that it was an homage to the state flag could have been part of the problem; some believe the diagonal red bars are an homage to the Confederacy.

Sounds like people who need to have something to complain about. I don't remember the spears connecting to the back being a way to tie in to the Florida flag. With a white helmet it would make sense. With gold, black and garnet helmets it doesn't.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Sounds like people who need to have something to complain about. I don't remember the spears connecting to the back being a way to tie in to the Florida flag. With a white helmet it would make sense. With gold, black and garnet helmets it doesn't.

I'm no Florida historian but a simple google search will show you why they choose the style of the flag. Florida started as a Spanish territory. The banner of the Spanish Empire was flown during that time. That flag is called 'Cross of Burgundy' which is a white flag with red diagonal crosses. This is what the current flag pays homage to. The state of Alabama's flag is that way for the same reason. Southern Alabama was originally part of Spanish Florida.

I don't remember the spears connecting to the back being a way to tie in to the Florida flag. With a white helmet it would make sense. With gold, black and garnet helmets it doesn't.

Florida State Athletics Unveils Brand Identity

The Seminole patchwork on the football jersey sleeves contain the Tribe’s symbols for Arrow, Man on Horse, and Fire, with the helmet spears crossing in the back representative of the crossed bars of the state flag.

I'm no Florida historian but a simple google search will show you why they choose the style of the flag. Florida started as a Spanish territory. The banner of the Spanish Empire was flown during that time. That flag is called 'Cross of Burgundy' which is a white flag with red diagonal crosses. This is what the current flag pays homage to. The state of Alabama's flag is that way for the same reason. Southern Alabama was originally part of Spanish Florida.

Historians differ on whether Florida flag echoes Confederate banner

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Another look at New Mexico. Finally switching from the old Missouri template

CNMw3uvUAAEmtl5.png

CNMwxckUcAAK0lk.png

Do any other teams still use this template ?

Edit: via this link, looks like they are keeping the turqoise set from last year and also showing different helmet/pant options http://golobos.com/news/2015/8/24/FB_0824154356.aspx

Weird that the normal unis are Mach Speed and the alternates are the other template (forgot the name already)

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Harbaugh removed the block M from the maize pants, which had been a feature since 1993. I'm personally not happy with the decision. I think the pants look too bare without anything other than the Adidas logo. And the block M is one of the most iconic brands, so it's a shame to not have it anywhere on the uniform, which would be the case if the blacked out block M above the NOBs from media day indicates another change.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Archived