College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Ole Miss and Vandy match the color combo from the '89 game (OM in baby blue lids, navy shirts, and silver britches and Vandy in all white). Even better, both should break out throwbacks (at least Vandy, anyway). This could be a pretty cool-looking game.

This is what I was thinking as well. But it has already been announced as a wear red game, and the team almost always coincides with the crowd. So expect to see the same Powder Blue/Red/Grey combo as the Memphis game last year. Still awesome to see the Powder Blues though!

jajtww.jpg

Already have an issue with that Temple look -- if you're going to have something as generic as fading dots, you can't also have the diamond pattern that's unique to Temple.

I feel the same way. I had Temple for the Russell Athletic challenge on this board, so I know their visual history fairly well, and that Acres of Diamond theme really works for them (I love their diamond T alt helmet logo and hope UA keeps it). There's no need to have some generic sleeve fade design, and the fact that the block T appears to be on there too will just be like the Clemson discussion we had all over again: helmet logo repeating on the sleeves.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Not quite uniform related, but Coastal Carolina will announced tomorrow that it move to the FBS in 2017. They'll join Boise State and Eastern Michigan in the colored field club, and I honestly think teal works better than any other color.

CERgwrVWIAQT8Ix.jpg

It looks like a faded AstroTurf field from the 80's.

In Philly, most colleges still use 80s turf to this day for sports like lacrosse and field hockey. Im talking serious Tartan Turf

10778552-standard.jpg

I feel like the sleeve stripes should come over onto the chest slightly, only because the sleeves are so small.

Like the Browns?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Anybody know if usc is gonna use the chrome helmets again?

USC never wore a chrome helmet

They wore these twice last year

uscchrome.jpg

Except they weren't entirely chrome (besides the facemask). They were more of a metallic red paint (similar to Oklahoma's) than a chrome red (like Indiana's.)

I loved those USC helmets last year. I usually don't mind gray facemasks but I've just never liked them for USC. I don't think I'd like a red or yellow facemask either.

The chrome is a nice neutral alternative to the gray -- and it looks good in the LA sun.

USC.HELMET.2.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

I didn't see it posted, but Bowling Green is wearing a brown helmet for their first game this season.

Yep, and it looks pretty good

CN2VZeMUEAAWLX3.jpg

I wasn't a fan of the new UCONN uniforms, mainly because they were so red heavy, but it looks like they'll have a blue facemask option that works better, in my eyes

CNyQJagWUAEmqSF.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived