College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LSU and McNeese St will be wearing a set of helmet decals Saturday night when they play each other to commemorate the 10 anniversaries of hurricanes Katrina and Rita that hit the state only weeks apart from one another back in 2005:

CN7Q_zFWIAAE_k1.jpg

Also a bonus pic of LSU equipment staff striping the shells:

CN6FoxMWoAA0-5f.jpg

Old McNeese logo. Guessing the LSU equipment staff must have an older Cowboy helmet.

Is this their attempt to look good while Oregon puts up 70 on them?

What if Vernon Adams is a mole for EWU?

200.gif

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I get the feeling they're going to return to the O on the sides for a few of the their helmets. It sounds like they only made the wing change on a couple of their helmets so they aren't completely ditching the chrome wings (yet.)

I am getting the same feeling regarding the "O" on the sides of the helmets, but I am a little concerned that the new yellow and silver helmets could look a little cluttered on the sides with both the smaller wings and the "O" decals. Also, I would certainly expect them to keep a few of the winged helmets in the rotation this year, especially the white and black ones. As far as the jerseys go, all indications point to the old yellow jerseys still being used, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the white jerseys from the Natty and the green jerseys from the spring game plugged into the rotation.

I'm taking a wait-and-see approach to the new helmets since it may not look bad. Only thing I'm worried about is them having two helmet designs (the chrome wings and the modified, painted wings) and it looking like a muddled mix of the two. It's almost like they can't choose between staying with the current style or going full-on with the next rebrand (which they are due for based on them changing every 3 seasons.) They really need to decide on which look they want to adopt and go full-on with that look.

On the jersey issue, it does seem odd that they're still selling the yellow, black, and apple green versions of the older Speed Machine style while having the newer Mach Speed ones already in rotation. As with the helmets, they need to choose instead of mixing old styles that may or may not work with one another. It's creating a bit of a branding issue for them when they've typically been pretty concise with it.

Is it possible that those yellow helmets are just the base coat for the wing helmets and then just dipped by HGI? It does have the carbon fiber pattern on the yellow around the wings. And the silver one being the base coat for the yellow (fading) wings helmet? Or am I missing something about the process?

^ You are definitely missing something about the process. I can assure you that those yellow and silver helmets are in fact new and have several differences from the aforementioned yellow and silver (carbon fiber) wing helmets.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

^ I would not be surprised to see either the new yellow or silver helmets this weekend. The fans are supposed to wear yellow to the game so I am expecting a substantial amount of yellow and possibly a yellow/yellow/black combo or something similar to that.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

^ I would not be surprised to see either the new yellow or silver helmets this weekend. The fans are supposed to wear yellow to the game so I am expecting a substantial amount of yellow and possibly a yellow/yellow/black combo or something similar to that.

Black / Yellow / Black or Silver / Yellow / Silver is one of Oregon's sharpest combinations. I'm not a fan of BFBS or SFSS, but I'd love to see Oregon wear predominantly Green/Yellow combos and then bust out one of these beauties for rivalry games, etc:

LaMichael+James+Nevada+v+Oregon+guEpJLDK

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived