College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yellow, black, yellow for Oregon tonight.

New yellow helmet. No wings. Black O on the sides. Silver face mask.

I really hope they don't ditch the winged helmets but I haven't seen any pics of this new yellow helmet

At first glance this game really confused me:

web1_0906_ROC_GaTech_t670.JPG?b3f6a5d769

I actually feel bad for whichever school is the Braves--was it Alcorn State? This seems like an exhibition match Russell Athletic hosted to showcase "how far they've come" in uniform design. And the Braves' uniforms are truly abysmal.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

As someone said above, it looks like Oregon is going to continue using the Speed Machine templates alongside their newer Mach Speed ones. I just don't get why Oregon haven't transitioned over fully after making such a big deal about the Mach Speed unis when they were released before the Alamo Bowl in 2013. Poor job on Oregon and Nike's part for not having consistent branding.

COKOLdmUsAAS1vY.jpgCOKOLdnUkAApNDf.jpg

Better shot of the helmet as the new scheme is actually better defined without the chinstrap blocking it, but is going to be a problem since players have to wear chinstraps. Not the best design since it's too minimal and it looks like they're trying to squeeze in both wings and logos on the sides of the helmet without really executing either one.

COKThZxVEAAAiaB.jpg

That silver block is actually wings, albeit much smaller and more streamlined than the full on winged helmets. It does look pretty cluttered with the O decals on the sides, which is something I feared, but it doesn't look so bad on certain helmet models. Also, I think the reason Oregon hasn't fully transitioned to the Mach speed is because they will be getting a brand new set next season, most likely in a new Nike template (like the one on those leaked Pro Bowl uniforms).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

That silver block is actually wings, albeit much smaller and more streamlined than the full on winged helmets. It does look pretty cluttered with the O decals on the sides, which is something I feared, but it doesn't look so bad on certain helmet models. Also, I think the reason Oregon hasn't fully transitioned to the Mach speed is because they will be getting a brand new set next season, most likely in a new Nike template (like the one on those leaked Pro Bowl uniforms).

But Oregon is already overdue for a full rebrand but for whatever reasons decided to mix the 2 uniform styles they had together, creating a muddled mess of an identity that I thought Nike and Oregon would never do. Now adding in a new helmet design to an already confusing uniform set doesn't help either. I had a feeling this would be the case when they released which jerseys were going to be sold to fans this season and they still had the old yellow, apple green, and black jerseys.

Virginia continuing the opening week whiteout trend against UCLA with a chrome orange fade to white and whited-out logo on the helmet. UCLA's jerseys also looking as bad as they did in the promo shots, though at least they're wearing their classic color combination.

XCUfRbB.jpg

Auburn's uniform is classic, but the bright orange cleats, socks, legbands, armbands, and base layer is distinctly modern, and not exactly in a good way. Ultimately, I'm all for personal expression when it comes to accessories, but that color is so loud.

XCUfRbB.jpg

@Webfooter, Nike wanted Oregon to showcase the Mach speed template by being the first ones to wear it, but since Oregon wasn't ready for a full on update, they decided to integrate the Mach speed into the current set. I agree that it does create a muddled look, especially with the new helmet styles too, but I think it really sets the stage for a completely brand new set next season on a new Nike template. This is the 4th season with the speed machine and the 2nd season with the Mach speed, so essentially 6 seasons of use combined between the 2 different styles. It actually makes sense when you look at it that way because the Mach speed uniforms essentially were meant to bridge a gap between their speed machine set and the brand new set that I am anticipating for them next season.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived