College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't :censored: with perfection, Nike. I love this current TCU set, particularly the purple jersey.

I do, too (as they really let the color, number font and frog skin speak for themselves), but I would welcome a few clean-ups.

I hate cap shoulders. Either get rid of them, or at least make them purple on the road white uniforms (instead of the current black).

Along that same line, I would make the collar purple on the road whites and home blacks, rather than black on all 3.

Also, contrast outline all 3 numbers. The white numbers on the purple homes are outlined in black. The purple numbers on the road whites are outlined in white (should be black). ANd the white numbers on the black alts are outlined in black (should be purple.

Nikes-New-TCU-Football-Uniform-1.JPG

Get rid of the anthracite alt (or at least fix it so it uses them same template).

New-TCU-Football-Uniform-Anthracite-Alte

If it were my call, I would probably get rid of the frog on the helmet and use the arched TCU primary logo (though many believe the frog is good luck).

141828-TCU_PrimaryLogo.jpg

Also, standardize (or get rid of) the stripes on the various helmet options. Standard has a big black stripe. White had a stripe, then no stripe. Chrome has never had a stripe. PC2010 helmets have been worn with no stripe and with a purple stripe.

6139a2d8aed79ca4bc9218d2b81f16b4.jpg

Lastly, I have no inside info on the final look, but I wonder if removing the black accents is out of the question.

I prefer the old silver, scaled helmet to the black ones. I like the current white ones (if they added a purple stripe) Agree, I don't like the deltoid shoulder caps. Has TCU ever had a different logo? The arched TCU is kinda plain.

Don't :censored: with perfection, Nike. I love this current TCU set, particularly the purple jersey.

I do, too (as they really let the color, number font and frog skin speak for themselves), but I would welcome a few clean-ups.

I hate cap shoulders. Either get rid of them, or at least make them purple on the road white uniforms (instead of the current black).

Along that same line, I would make the collar purple on the road whites and home blacks, rather than black on all 3.

Also, contrast outline all 3 numbers. The white numbers on the purple homes are outlined in black. The purple numbers on the road whites are outlined in white (should be black). ANd the white numbers on the black alts are outlined in black (should be purple.

Nikes-New-TCU-Football-Uniform-1.JPG

Get rid of the anthracite alt (or at least fix it so it uses them same template).

New-TCU-Football-Uniform-Anthracite-Alte

If it were my call, I would probably get rid of the frog on the helmet and use the arched TCU primary logo (though many believe the frog is good luck).

141828-TCU_PrimaryLogo.jpg

Also, standardize (or get rid of) the stripes on the various helmet options. Standard has a big black stripe. White had a stripe, then no stripe. Chrome has never had a stripe. PC2010 helmets have been worn with no stripe and with a purple stripe.

Lastly, I have no inside info on the final look, but I wonder if removing the black accents is out of the question.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Fingers crossed for a WVU cleanup/update. The sooner those numbers are kicked to the curb the better.

The sooner they quit wearing white pants with the blue jersey and blue helmet the better. I can deal with their numbers, but I hate their plain pants and they fact that the white uniform has no yellow in it.

I hope TCU using that striping pattern on their pants because this helmet is beautiful and the stripe would look amazing on some white pants.

spacer.png

TCU likely to debut a new set of uniforms.

I'd be completely happy with the Iowa State/Peach Bowl Uni being their primary home set going forward.

The white helmet sans stripe is hands down their best look.

And this was the TCU look during the late 1970s thru the late 80s

The Flying T, looked a lot like FWPD cruisers as well.

121682909.jpg

Wild prediction: Maryland will look like a hot mess during at least 4 games.

I'll raise you 2 and say 6.

Wait, we're talking about uniforms and not their playing ability, right? ;)

Kidding aside, the Terps have a rough go with the conference slate this next season. They open Big Ten play with Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State. Yuck.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

They were delayed until this year since they couldn't get the uniforms right.

Jimbo hates alternates. The players apparently had to talk him into wearing white pants for OK State. Wouldn't be surprised if they're not worn at all while Jimbo's there.

Unrelated, but Duke will be returning to the Colts-style uniforms next year, presumably with the updated Ole Miss/LSU stripes/template.

It was rumored (but there was no confirmation) before the past season, that Duke would return to the Colts-style uniforms in 2015, but on the speed machine templates.

The 2014 uniforms were 25th anniversary homages to the 1989 ACC Championship team.

It was rumored (but there was no confirmation) before the past season, that Duke would return to the Colts-style uniforms in 2015, but on the speed machine templates.

The 2014 uniforms were 25th anniversary homages to the 1989 ACC Championship team.

They actually did say the throwback uniforms would only be worn for this past season, IIRC

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

TCU likely to debut a new set of uniforms.

I'd be completely happy with the Iowa State/Peach Bowl Uni being their primary home set going forward.

The white helmet sans stripe is hands down their best look.

And this was the TCU look during the late 1970s thru the late 80s

The Flying T, looked a lot like FWPD cruisers as well.

121682909.jpg

That's a helmet that brings back too many BAD memories for Frog fans and alumni...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Going to be a complete homer and mention this is the first time Kennesaw State is officially on par with everyone else in terms of football...

...and ahead of the game on uniforms in the FCS.

Hooty hoot.

BwIyiqACcAAU9Uy.jpg-large.jpg

That 5 is a disaster. Especially on the black jersey.

What is the helmet stripe?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Going to be a complete homer and mention this is the first time Kennesaw State is officially on par with everyone else in terms of football...

...and ahead of the game on uniforms in the FCS.

Hooty hoot.

BwIyiqACcAAU9Uy.jpg-large.jpg

That 5 is a disaster. Especially on the black jersey.

What is the helmet stripe?

That 5 is pretty terrible...way too bottom heavy. Reminds me of someone with a short torso but really long legs, or elderly people that wear pants up past their belly button. That font looks to be a slightly skewed version of SMU's 2011-2013 football font (also seen on UNLV basketball).

unlv_team.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Kidding aside, the Terps have a rough go with the conference slate this next season. They open Big Ten play with Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State. Yuck.

Besides Ohio State, it's not that rough of a slate. The Terrapins went 2-1 against those 3 last year.

Besides Ohio State, it's not that rough of a slate. The Terrapins went 2-1 against those 3 last year.

Penn State has a nice recruiting class coming in this year. They should be much better. Also, I would think Michigan will be better by default because they actually have a coach who can actually coach. I also think they will be motivated to show up for their new coach. Not to mention, I would assume Michigan's recruiting class will get even more of a boost than it already had due to Harbaugh's presence.

Penn State has a nice recruiting class coming in this year. They should be much better. Also, I would think Michigan will be better by default because they actually have a coach who can actually coach. I also think they will be motivated to show up for their new coach. Not to mention, I would assume Michigan's recruiting class will get even more of a boost than it already had due to Harbaugh's presence.

Well, the Terrapins in their first year in the conference went into Michigan and Penn State and beat both of those teams at their own places. Maryland also gets Penn State and Michigan in the state of Maryland this year (the PSU game is in Baltimore) so I don't know why it's just assumed that they have some sort of rough slate just because Michigan and Penn State used to be good programs. Ohio State will be tough, obviously.

What this has to do with sports logos or uniforms, I don't know but I get tired of people propping up traditional powers just because they were good at one point yet no longer are.

Well, the Terrapins in their first year in the conference went into Michigan and Penn State and beat both of those teams at their own places. Maryland also gets Penn State and Michigan in the state of Maryland this year (the PSU game is in Baltimore) so I don't know why it's just assumed that they have some sort of rough slate just because Michigan and Penn State used to be good programs. Ohio State will be tough, obviously.

What this has to do with sports logos or uniforms, I don't know but I get tired of people propping up traditional powers just because they were good at one point yet no longer are.

Good luck beating Michigan with Harbaugh.

spacer.png

They were delayed until this year since they couldn't get the uniforms right.

Jimbo hates alternates. The players apparently had to talk him into wearing white pants for OK State. Wouldn't be surprised if they're not worn at all while Jimbo's there.

Unrelated, but Duke will be returning to the Colts-style uniforms next year, presumably with the updated Ole Miss/LSU stripes/template.

I didn't mind the white pants. Bowden would go white on white or white on garnet from time to time and it looked good.

I'm still upset they got new uniforms to begin with. They pulled a Rams and won a championship then decided to change uniforms for no reason. I guess Jimbo didn't have enough control to put a stop to that or he probably he would have.

Their unis are more tame than most nike designs, so I can live with them and I'm glad they fixed/told nike to :censored: off rather quickly on things like gold numbers on the white jerseys, matte helmets, purple looking facemask and another thing or two I'm forgetting, but still the previous set was perfection.

I also hate that the numbers are gold instead of white outlined in gold on home jerseys. The gold numbers give off a Boston College feel.

Archived