College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many people, outside of this forum, honestly care what color combos a team is going to wear?

Do you think those posts get a lot of action?

I feel we post them because then we pick them apart. Speaking for non-forumers, I have spoken with some people here in Boise that will say that, "oh they're wearing grey and black. that's ugly.", "going all blue, nice". Some people care, some don't

AmPJ0Ty.png 

How many people, outside of this forum, honestly care what color combos a team is going to wear?

As someone manages social media accounts for a Division 1 athletics program, I can tell you that uniform posts in all sports are among the most popular we make.

Before football games, close-up pictures of the uniforms get more social media impressions (favorites, retweets, shares, likes, etc) than starting lineups or action photos. It's remarkable.

As someone manages social media accounts for a Division 1 athletics program, I can tell you that uniform posts in all sports are among the most popular we make.

Before football games, close-up pictures of the uniforms get more social media impressions (favorites, retweets, shares, likes, etc) than starting lineups or action photos. It's remarkable.

I realize that you maybe can't reveal which team you work for, but I'd be interested to know if it's a school historically known for uniform madness.

For example, I can see the fanbases of Oregon or Maryland being much more feverish about uniforms than a school like Penn State.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Also, some like to see what the team is wearing beforehand, especially for home games, so they can coordinate their fan gear to what the team is wearing. I know several of my friends who go to Oregon games like to know which jersey they're wearing so they can match the team.

I realize that you maybe can't reveal which team you work for, but I'd be interested to know if it's a school historically known for uniform madness.

For example, I can see the fanbases of Oregon or Maryland being much more feverish about uniforms than a school like Penn State.

Yeah I figure most teams fan bases get more excited than penny st, considering they always wear the same thing...

But yeah there's more and more uniform twitter sites getting popping up.

There's also an astounding level of stupidity that comes with social media feedback. I remember a Tech post asking fans which away uniform they liked most. A good number of the responders were mouthbreathers barking that our colors are scarlet and black and that they didn't want anything to do with white since it reminded them of Texas.

Midway.png

Ha, not quite. I won't reveal it, for I'm not sure if it would be ok to do so regardless, but no, it's not a uniform madness school haha

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Mizzou could do themselves some good by replacing those gray blobs on the aways for the much more appealing cap treatment from their alts, and then promoting that jersey to primary status.

True true, plus all of the horrible alt chrome helmets & grey uniforms.

So okay here's the scenario; misery in all black primaries v illannoy in orange helmet & pants. Yes would watch, can't get enough of the new orange helmets. That finish, like Utah's just kills it

Interesting, I would not have guessed that.

But that is cool to see, other people curious about the aesthetics of sports.

Interesting, I would not have guessed that.

But that is cool to see, other people curious about the aesthetics of sports.

JqYTmjn.gif

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

I'm not sure if the new Harvard uniforms have been posted. I wont post all the pictures just in case. Here is a link to see some pictures:http://www.nikeblog.com/2015/08/20/harvard-football-uniforms-2015-unveiled/

New-Harvard-Football-Uniforms-2-622x415.

Holy smokes easily the best non BCS non scholarship uniform in the nation, period point blank.

I known it's trivial but a great reason to go to Harvard.

Archived