College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm definitely a homer, but I think these VT uniforms look sharp with this helmet. It might be the maroon facemask that makes it look so good. Usually the white helmets have white facemasks and that's a little too much white for me. But I'm digging this. I usually hate the one-time helmets we decide to throw on.

AV4h3Nu.jpg

9HimDTR.jpg

54GWKyH.jpg

I wonder... did Ohio State pull the ol' switch-a-roo and promote the Nike Diamond uniforms to full-time status without saying anything? Last week, I could probably understand as it was a prime-time game and they wanted to use an alternate. But a 3:00 game against Hawaii? I'm not complaining, as I like these much better than the previous set. It does seem odd that they're 2-for-2 on the "alternate".

No. It's not a permanent change; just coincides with the unveiling of the national championship banner. They wore the white playoff uniform last week because it was a big game and this set has replaced the Rivalry set as the alternates.

I'm definitely a homer, but I think these VT uniforms look sharp with this helmet. It might be the maroon facemask that makes it look so good. Usually the white helmets have white facemasks and that's a little too much white for me. But I'm digging this. I usually hate the one-time helmets we decide to throw on.

AV4h3Nu.jpg

9HimDTR.jpg

Sorry man, but you're using a generic design pioneered by Navy and subsequently used by FCS schools and Old Dominion. Nice-looking 9/11 (I'm guessing?) decal, though.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

AV4h3Nu.jpg

9HimDTR.jpg

54GWKyH.jpg

Those would look a lot better if they thinned out the orange stripe to match the UCLA stripes and left an equal amount of maroon above it. Right now it's just a Navy clone.

I wonder... did Ohio State pull the ol' switch-a-roo and promote the Nike Diamond uniforms to full-time status without saying anything? Last week, I could probably understand as it was a prime-time game and they wanted to use an alternate. But a 3:00 game against Hawaii? I'm not complaining, as I like these much better than the previous set. It does seem odd that they're 2-for-2 on the "alternate".

No. It's not a permanent change; just coincides with the unveiling of the national championship banner. They wore the white playoff uniform last week because it was a big game and this set has replaced the Rivalry set as the alternates.

which makes me sad :(

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Sorry man, but you're using a generic design pioneered by Navy and subsequently used by FCS schools and Old Dominion. Nice-looking 9/11 (I'm guessing?) decal, though.

AV4h3Nu.jpg

9HimDTR.jpg

54GWKyH.jpg

Those would look a lot better if they thinned out the orange stripe to match the UCLA stripes and left an equal amount of maroon above it. Right now it's just a Navy clone.

I'm not saying that I like that it's a Navy copy (though that's all we seem capable of doing these days, as sad as that is), just that it looks good - particularly the color scheme and portions. Having more maroon and orange on the helmet makes a huge difference in the uniforms actually representing the school. It's something like this or the traditional maroon helmet with some thinner stripes than the ones we usually use.

Nicholls State is opening their season tonight @ UL-Monroe. Even though we're outfitted in Adidas catalog unis, we've improved our look IMO. Added a gray stroke to the numerals and added "Nicholls" to the chest. Also switched back to the metallic painted shells versus the matte gray we went with last season.

hs0TXGM.png

Also, ULM broke out some fighter jet inspired unis tonight:

F1wpBIx.png

pylbsAm.png

2KFwKrp.png

gYH2mW9.png

Archived