College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Replace all of the black on Oregon's uniforms with green and they would have looked ten times better. It's just that simple. How do they not get that?

If there's one thing I hate with Oregon's identity it's their continued insistence of shoehorning in grey and volt. They look horrible in it, it looks bland, they aren't school colors, and they never win when wearing it. The worst part is they have been wearing these colors for the biggest games and on the biggest stages. They still have more combos available than they could ever use just keeping with white, black, thunder green, apple green, and yellow.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Replace all of the black on Oregon's uniforms with green and they would have looked ten times better. It's just that simple. How do they not get that?

If there's one thing I hate with Oregon's identity it's their continued insistence of shoehorning in grey and volt. They look horrible in it, it looks bland, they aren't school colors, and they never win when wearing it. The worst part is they have been wearing these colors for the biggest games and on the biggest stages. They still have more combos available than they could ever use just keeping with white, black, thunder green, apple green, and yellow.

Never doubt the love for the flamboyant that the Duck fanbase has.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Where have they shoehorned in volt in the past 3-4 seasons? They haven't worn it since the opener against LSU in 2011. The yellow they used on last night's jerseys was the same as on their other Mach Speed jerseys and the previous Speed Machine ones.

I wonder... did Ohio State pull the ol' switch-a-roo and promote the Nike Diamond uniforms to full-time status without saying anything? Last week, I could probably understand as it was a prime-time game and they wanted to use an alternate. But a 3:00 game against Hawaii? I'm not complaining, as I like these much better than the previous set. It does seem odd that they're 2-for-2 on the "alternate".

No. It's not a permanent change; just coincides with the unveiling of the national championship banner. They wore the white playoff uniform last week because it was a big game and this set has replaced the Rivalry set as the alternates.

which makes me sad :(

It makes me sad, too, but for a completely different reason. I'm long past over the alternative from the past few years... the giant helmet stripes and cut off pants stripe have worn out their welcome.

I am sad that the new championship uniform won't be the everyday. It's nearly perfect.

Nearly. Needs white TV numbers, and if you disagree, then the road set needs to have black TV numbers for cohesiveness.

I'd go as far as to say that the OSU championship/playoff uniform IS perfect

Black numbers on red are no good without any sort of outline. Not enough contrast.

I thought the Iowa-Iowa State instate game was pure classic. Hawkeyes look great with the black helmet/white jersey/gold pants even though it always had been similar to the style of Pittsburgh Steelers, but no complaints. Iowa State looks terrific now that they upgraded to Speed Machine. The cardinal jersey/gold pants really look sharp. A classic look in a yearly classic game.

635777834455560398-20150912-bp-ISUvUI-05

Also a great tribute to former Hawkeye great Tyler Sash, who unexpectedly passed away at the age of 27. The team wore "9" on the left side of their helmets, a very nice touch!!

635777834960070866-20150912-bp-ISUvUI-46

So I wanted to comment on 2 games, for opposite reasons.

Ohio State -vs- Hawaii

I think the individual uniforms looked great. The black TV numbers on the OSU uniforms looked great - I wish they would carry this over to the white uniforms. Hawaii's Rainbow Warrior uniforms also looked fantastic. However, I don't think the game looked good on TV at all. The red and gray did not compliment the green and white well at all.

Michigan State -vs- Oregon

I think the game looked absolutely fantastic on TV. The dark green with hints of dark copper/gold against the bright white and silver looked great. Everything played well together. However, that being said, I think the individual uniforms looked bad. I don't like that Oregon isn't wearing any green or yellow. I don't like the black logos. I don't like words on pants, any less "FIGHTING DUCKS" which isn't even their nick name. They are the Ducks. As for Michigan State, I don't like the oversized logo on the helmet, nor do I like "MSU" or any non-logo initials (ND) on sleeves. A monogram looks great and a combined logo looks great... but printing the schools initials is terrible. I also didn't like the additional of black. I think adding gold/copper is 1 thing, but adding black as well is another thing.

Was down in Nashville for the weekend, so we checked out the Vandy/UGA game.

It was interesting to see how the Deep Water helmets changed throughout the game. At the 2:30 start time, the helmets were basically just reflecting gold in the sun-couldn't make out any detail unless seen on the jumbotron. As some dark clouds came through around halftime, you could start to see the detail of the anchor. Overall not too bad of a uniform in my opinion.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

I thought the Iowa-Iowa State instate game was pure classic. Hawkeyes look great with the black helmet/white jersey/gold pants even though it always had been similar to the style of Pittsburgh Steelers, but no complaints. Iowa State looks terrific now that they upgraded to Speed Machine. The cardinal jersey/gold pants really look sharp. A classic look in a yearly classic game.

635777834455560398-20150912-bp-ISUvUI-05

Also a great tribute to former Hawkeye great Tyler Sash, who unexpectedly passed away at the age of 27. The team wore "9" on the left side of their helmets, a very nice touch!!

This angle makes it look like they can all share pants.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I dislike the late '2000s Illinois and Mizzou uniforms, but I think both sets were better than the crap they're wearing now.

What makes you say the old Illinois uniforms are better than the new ones?

I could see how someone likes the old Mizzou uniforms better, but I thought that was a pretty big upgrade too.

I dislike pretty much everything about the rebrand. Their half-assing the block I change was bad. Because of it, media outlets and even many manufacturers didn't update the logo, so they're still using our old assortment of colors over the newly-standardized ones. The shield logo isn't clever like they wanted it to be. The wordmark is awful and, in being italic, gives a nod to an era that deserves no nodding. The football jerseys themselves are decent, but the helmet stripes and especially the pants ruin things. Even though I disliked the old uniforms, at least there was a reasoning to them - the wrap-arounds, the stripes connecting from the pants to jersey. But the current set is Nike uber alles. Aside from the poor font, it's trying to be a traditional uniform. But then they go and truncate the stripes randomly at the top of the pants to highlight Nike's template.

Also, the orange helmet is awful. In trying to be too cute and too cool, they made an awful shade of burnt orange which is far from the team's actual color. (Un)fortunately, they wear the white helmets for most games.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived