College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohio State looks a little like Oregon State in these costumes. Should have stuck with classic unis v Penn State. These would have been fine v a cupcake early in the season.

I also think Oregon State before Ohio State when I flip to the game. Maybe they lose and curse these uniforms.

Roryfan posted these in the concept forum and is exactly what they needed to do. Was it too obvious? If you want to do black -- fine -- but do it right.

OSU_Vlack_zpsiwqf0nha.jpg

Same issue as with the SF 49'ers ... If you have to have a black jersey, you should at least incorporate other traditional uniform elements to retain the branding of the team. That's a nice design by Roryfan.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Ohio State looks a little like Oregon State in these costumes. Should have stuck with classic unis v Penn State. These would have been fine v a cupcake early in the season.

I also think Oregon State before Ohio State when I flip to the game. Maybe they lose and curse these uniforms.

Roryfan posted these in the concept forum and is exactly what they needed to do. Was it too obvious? If you want to do black -- fine -- but do it right.

Same issue as with the SF 49'ers ... If you have to have a black jersey, you should at least incorporate other traditional uniform elements to retain the branding of the team. That's a nice design by Roryfan.
Georgia does it right when they do it:

slideshow_305131_18.jpg

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

slideshow_305131_18.jpg

Not really, might work if they had the black facemasks, but that set right there is textbook BFBS.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

BYU is wearing their navy tonight. They really should revert back to royal full time. Or at least wear the royal against a team like Cincinnati that wears black helmets and pants. This game just doesn't have enough contrast for me.

Yeah, whether it was the lighting or just the navy fabric, BYU ended up looking near-black to me, so I couldn't even watch that game.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

slideshow_305131_18.jpg

Not really, might work if they had the black facemasks, but that set right there is textbook BFBS.

Did anybody like when Georgia did this?

icon_15669063-620x818.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

slideshow_305131_18.jpg

<FacePalm> Not this discussion again. BLACK is a school color for UGA. They retained every other element of their set there EXCEPT the jersey. So no... it's not BFBS.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

slideshow_305131_18.jpg

<FacePalm> Not this discussion again. BLACK is a school color for UGA. They retained every other element of their set there EXCEPT the jersey. So no... it's not BFBS.

even though thats the case, it still looks like a lazy palletswap like most BFBS uniforms tend to be *cough Kentucky cough*.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

Georgia does it right when they do it:slideshow_305131_18.jpg

even though thats the case, it still looks like a lazy palletswap like most BFBS uniforms tend to be *cough Kentucky cough*.

Add a black stripe to the helmet and that's a really good look.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Georgia does it right when they do it:slideshow_305131_18.jpg

Add a black stripe to the helmet and that's a really good look.

That could work too, helmet just needs more black outside of the "g"

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

Georgia's helmet is an enigma.. When I really look at it and dissect its details, I find SOOO much wrong with it.. But when paired with any of their uniforms, it's perfect.. I don't like Georgia, but their helmet is damn good

Yes it is. I used to think it would look better with a white/black/white stripe, until I saw it. Makes the whole helmet cluttered. Its perfect as is.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Sorry for double post but apparently this happened yesterday

21642213234_c55b7a5d29_o.png

I saw this flipping through the channels and I had to do a double take. Without any closeups, this pretty much looked like all white vs all white. I'm shocked this was even allowed.

Sorry for double post but apparently this happened yesterday

21642213234_c55b7a5d29_o.png

I saw this flipping through the channels and I had to do a double take. Without any closeups, this pretty much looked like all white vs all white. I'm shocked this was even allowed.

I actually really like the Gold numbers on FIU's road uniform. But MTSU going all light grey against those is inexcusable.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Georgia's helmet is an enigma.. When I really look at it and dissect its details, I find SOOO much wrong with it.. But when paired with any of their uniforms, it's perfect.. I don't like Georgia, but their helmet is damn good

What all do you find wrong with it?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

General lack of black, boring uninspired single stripe, cheap looking white facemask that (in theory) seems like it should stick out like a sore thumb, awkward white-heavy color balance even though the shell is red, etc.. Like I said, somehow it's perfect, but each element on its own doesn't feel like it should work on paper, but then in practice, voila! A classic look that fits their identity perfectly and looks great to boot..

I know "boring" and "plain" aren't necessarily bad things, but with the somewhat flashy nature of the silver pants, contrast cuffs/collar, custom number font, and asymmetrical striping, it just feels like the helmet... just.. needs something... ........but it doesn't

Georgia is the complete opposite of BFBS. The school colors aren't red and white, not red and silver...they are red and black. And that black set was absolutely perfect. They need to bring it back, along with the pants for occasional road use, but leave the black helmet out of the mix.

Archived