College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of UCLA, I must have been asleep the past couple of seasons?? When did the switch over from the light blue jerseys to the current blue??!!

NC/NC State looks great.

Yeah I hate how UCLA has really darkened the blue. Used it be a great powder blue, now it's damn near royal.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Speaking of UCLA, I must have been asleep the past couple of seasons?? When did they switch over from the light blue jerseys to the current blue??!!

NC/NC State looks great.

I agree. I miss the old "true blue" of UCLA, but at least they aren't wearing black.

UNC/NC ST. is the the best looking game this weekend.

I don't like Florida's white helmet or "F" logo.

I like The SC Gamecocks in white helmets better.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

To KU. SHRINK THE DANG JAYHAWK!

On another kinda random note, does anyone else hate the new helmet designs? The vents and holes seem to get in the way too much. I would like to know if there is a way to have all the nice modern technology along with a smooth shell.

Florida's helmet looks like a bad compromise helmet. Like there were three guys in the room arguing, and one wanted a throwback-inspired helmet, one wanted a modern helmet, and one wanted a white version of the current, so a mediator was like "FINE! White helmet with an F on one side, a modern stripe, and Gators script on the other side! Everybody happy??"

The result is a Pee-Wee level like mess of a helmet. If they went with a white shell, chose one logo to have on both sides (preferably the "Gators"), and stripes that match the pants, this would be a really solid helmet. Right now though it looks like some "kewl" helmet a 14 year old would make on TeamBuilder.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

maybe they are trying to hide the ugly duct tape looking slashes in the UCLA stripes and numbers.

Speaking of UCLA, I must have been asleep the past couple of seasons?? When did they switch over from the light blue jerseys to the current blue??!!

NC/NC State looks great.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Texas A&M's blackout look sucks. I can't see the sleeve stripes or logos and the only reason I could say it was them was the numbers. The maroon lettering is worthless and the helmets look like a mix of grey, black and maroon paint. They have pretty good regular uniforms yet they continue to embrace horrible looking alternates instead.

Mississippi vs Mississippi State is beautiful. Avoiding gold foil helps the Bulldogs look much better than they did with the Carl Carlson numbers.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

So this is kinda strange...College GameDay this morning used stock video footage of Stanford Stadium this morning during its preview of ND/Stanford. It had a camera in the stadium, doing a pre-game left-to-right vista pan, but the endzones were the old 3-D white block letters in a green endzone. Clearly the endzones are cardinal with the custom white font this year. The implication during the show was that it was a live look at the stadium.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Last year we had an All-nike playoff as well as TCU, Baylor, Michigan State, Ole Miss, Boise State, and Arizona making up a total of 10 of the 12 New Years Six bowls (Orange was GT vs Miss St., Russell v. Adidas).

This year, we have Clemson, Alabama/Florida, Iowa/Michigan State, and potentially Oklahoma - all Nike schools - fighting for the last four spots, with Stanford, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, and possibly Houston as the 'other 5' qualifier. Again, 10 Nike schools that could be in the New Year's Six bowls.

I'm not saying Nike is the reason that these schools are having success. However, it is a nice sight to see the Adidas duck tape left out of the playoff again.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

wonder what kind of superhero promo get ups Nike will have for the teams this year? Last yr Ducks had the wings and the Buckeyes had the cape.

Last year we had an All-nike playoff as well as TCU, Baylor, Michigan State, Ole Miss, Boise State, and Arizona making up a total of 10 of the 12 New Years Six bowls (Orange was GT vs Miss St., Russell v. Adidas).

This year, we have Clemson, Alabama/Florida, Iowa/Michigan State, and potentially Oklahoma - all Nike schools - fighting for the last four spots, with Stanford, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, and possibly Houston as the 'other 5' qualifier. Again, 10 Nike schools that could be in the New Year's Six bowls.

I'm not saying Nike is the reason that these schools are having success. However, it is a nice sight to see the Adidas duck tape left out of the playoff again.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I'm thinking we'll see Diamond Collection jerseys and pants and a nod back to 1966 for the Spartans if they're involved, some new grey houndstooth pattern for Alabama, a nod to 1981 for Clemson and who knows what for Oklahoma. The only ones I'd expect fully new uniforms for would be Michigan State and maybe Clemson, that's if Nike already greenlighted them over the summer. I just wonder if Nike has two sets for each of the teams again.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Ever since they went with UA, Auburn's front and back numbers seem too small to me...

The first few years, until after the 2010 season, they were normal. 2011 saw the changes. They fixed a lot of them with the new template this season. Not quite as large as they used to be, but much better than 2011.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived