buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

It looks like matte helmets for at least Oklahoma and Michigan State

Those are Michigan State's regular helmets.

So, MSU going monochrome the whole playoff?

I had always thought they had regular (shiny?) helmets. I did notice last night in the B1G Championship they had matte helmets

Interesting to see that Nike shows MSU in green in the group shot but white in the single. I'm sure each team's options are still on the table, but they didn't show it, so we'll find out sooner or later.

I was wandering also about the helmets. The Bama helmet looks matte as well. I think that is a slight change that would look great.

They should've gone with satin if they insisted on changing the finish. I'm not impressed.

iNCBxIC.jpg?1

Their normal helmet looks great under the lights. What a shame.

5846904.jpg

They should've gone with satin if they insisted on changing the finish. I'm not impressed.

iNCBxIC.jpg?1

5846904.jpg

It's a poor photoshop job by Nike (they're not even showing the correct helmet logo). Nothing's changing but the swoosh. Unlike last year, it appears every team will stick with their normal uniforms for the playoffs.

gQYb80t.png

vQ6AXy0.png

It's a poor photoshop job by Nike (they're not even showing the correct helmet logo). Nothing's changing but the swoosh. Unlike last year, it appears every team will stick with their normal uniforms for the playoffs.

gQYb80t.png

vQ6AXy0.png

Ahh, thanks for clarifying.

I had always thought they had regular (shiny?) helmets. I did notice last night in the B1G Championship they had matte helmets

Michigan State has been wearing satin/anodized helmets this year, not matte.

iNCBxIC.jpg?1

5846904.jpg

The logo on the helmet in the Nike photo looks to be the same logo on the normal metallic helmet, unless I'm missing something.

The logo on the helmet in the Nike photo looks to be the same logo on the normal metallic helmet, unless I'm missing something.

OU's helmet logo is actually a slimmer version of their "official" school logo. It looked like Nike was using their official logo on everything. Can't blame them though, even College Gameday had their helmet logo wrong on set earlier this year.

CVkTheHVEAA0cwY.png

OU's helmet logo is actually a slimmer version of their "official" school logo. It looked like Nike was using their official logo on everything. Can't blame them though, even College Gameday had their helmet logo wrong on set earlier this year.

CVkTheHVEAA0cwY.png

I had no idea about that. Is there a particular reason why?

How dumb is it that Nike unveils alterations and then the teams deny them, and then Nike keeps doing it? Oklahoma's shine on their helmets make their entire uniform...no reason in hell to change them

Way to go Nike, with the awful Photoshoping. The matte helmets in the promo shots are pitiful on Nike's part.

CVkTheHVEAA0cwY.png

I had no idea about that. Is there a particular reason why?

I've never seen an official reasoning but I think that the helmet logo predates the official logo and has just never been touched.

Interestingly enough, their wood-textured alternates use the official logo on the helmets.