College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like matte helmets for at least Oklahoma and Michigan State

Those are Michigan State's regular helmets.

So, MSU going monochrome the whole playoff?

I had always thought they had regular (shiny?) helmets. I did notice last night in the B1G Championship they had matte helmets

They should've gone with satin if they insisted on changing the finish. I'm not impressed.

iNCBxIC.jpg?1

Their normal helmet looks great under the lights. What a shame.

5846904.jpg

It's a poor photoshop job by Nike (they're not even showing the correct helmet logo). Nothing's changing but the swoosh. Unlike last year, it appears every team will stick with their normal uniforms for the playoffs.

gQYb80t.png

vQ6AXy0.png

They should've gone with satin if they insisted on changing the finish. I'm not impressed.

It's a poor photoshop job by Nike (they're not even showing the correct helmet logo). Nothing's changing but the swoosh. Unlike last year, it appears every team will stick with their normal uniforms for the playoffs.

gQYb80t.png

vQ6AXy0.png

Ahh, thanks for clarifying.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

It looks like matte helmets for at least Oklahoma and Michigan State

Those are Michigan State's regular helmets.

So, MSU going monochrome the whole playoff?

I had always thought they had regular (shiny?) helmets. I did notice last night in the B1G Championship they had matte helmets

Michigan State has been wearing satin/anodized helmets this year, not matte.

iNCBxIC.jpg?1

5846904.jpg

The logo on the helmet in the Nike photo looks to be the same logo on the normal metallic helmet, unless I'm missing something.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The logo on the helmet in the Nike photo looks to be the same logo on the normal metallic helmet, unless I'm missing something.

OU's helmet logo is actually a slimmer version of their "official" school logo. It looked like Nike was using their official logo on everything. Can't blame them though, even College Gameday had their helmet logo wrong on set earlier this year.

CVkTheHVEAA0cwY.png

OU's helmet logo is actually a slimmer version of their "official" school logo. It looked like Nike was using their official logo on everything. Can't blame them though, even College Gameday had their helmet logo wrong on set earlier this year.

CVkTheHVEAA0cwY.png

I had no idea about that. Is there a particular reason why?

CVkTheHVEAA0cwY.png

I had no idea about that. Is there a particular reason why?

I've never seen an official reasoning but I think that the helmet logo predates the official logo and has just never been touched.

Interestingly enough, their wood-textured alternates use the official logo on the helmets.

Archived