College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oregon has 3 beautiful helmet designs (classic "O"[not new mini-wing "O"], rose bowl wings, puddles [not zombie puddles]).. they certainly don't need anything new there (and honestly, i'd prefer they pick 1 standard design, even if they wanna change the colors of it week-to-week) and their uniforms have been all over the place from back around 2000, that something nice and clean is about the only thing left for them to do... i think they've gotten more and more positive feedback from the subtle things they've done, that they're trying to go more that route.. when the started doing the metallic "chameleon" green wings on the green jersey, and chrome wings on the white jersey, etc, it was more subtle and everyone thought it was a good look.... then the apple green playoff uniforms last year were a huge hit.. i actually like the shoulder feathers they've incorporated in recent years, but i think the more subtle versions are far superior to the over-the-top stuff they've done.. and obviously they've taken note.. these new ones are about as subtle as anything they've worn in over a decade.

I'm left wondering how the person on EBay got the prototypes/initial runs of the jerseys, considering they're located in North Carolina.

As for the uniforms, I sort of like them but the shoulder pattern is leaving me wondering what the inspiration was since they really don't look like wings.

^ Yeah that is my main gripe as well. As of now I definitely like the white uniform more than the black/dark grey one, but I'll reserve further judgement until I see more pictures of the complete designs.

They just seem awfully plain in the shoulder area, especially the white ones. These look and feel like prototypes to show off Nike's latest uniform template before they actually do any real school-specific design for next season. Oregon is supposedly going back to HGI after smoothing over a contract dispute that occurred after last season so I hope to see some better helmets. If these are what they go with next season and don't also update the helmets, then I'll be really disappointed with Nike and Oregon's design teams.

The Ducks and Pro Bowl jerseys look a lot like the Reebok tight fit jerseys. I'm guessing that's why the numbers look so wide and goofy on the mannequins. When I saw those eBay leaks I thought for sure they were fan made because It has appeared Oregon has been moving away from 'Thunder Green' and the O-logo and more towards their 'Apple/Fighting Green' (why they're not calling it Chip Kelly Green, idk) and Puddles logo. So that black one is not my favorite, at all. Their previous LaMike-era white jerseys with green and yellow were nice looking, and so are these white ones sans the numbers.

Personally, I wish they could have kept the Mach Speed jerseys and used either helmets with just Puddles or their Winged Rose Bowl helmets. (although any helmet beats their block wings and mini O-logo ones)

wow, absolutely love the new template. disappointed with new Oregon design, but i can't wait to see the new template implemented in the NFL. theres some things to love about the Pro Bowl uniforms too, like the metallic gold number trim. good god that is beautiful! way to go Nike!

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Shouldn't Alabama be in color, being the higher rank team? Possibility of a red-green game?

I'm not sure they go by that. Last year Oregon was the higher ranked team, but Ohio State was the "home" team in the Nat. Champ. game.

But I would love a red-green game. That would look just awesome.

Shouldn't Alabama be in color, being the higher rank team? Possibility of a red-green game?

I'm not sure they go by that. Last year Oregon was the higher ranked team, but Ohio State was the "home" team in the Nat. Champ. game.

But I would love a red-green game. That would look just awesome.

Wouldn't it affect colorblind people watching the game? Just like the Bills-Jets Color Rush game?

wow, absolutely love the new template. disappointed with new Oregon design, but i can't wait to see the new template implemented in the NFL. theres some things to love about the Pro Bowl uniforms too, like the metallic gold number trim. good god that is beautiful! way to go Nike!

My thoughts exactly. I'm curious to see how the pants handle traditional pant stripes though.

Archived