College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they think different colored pants will be enough for colorblind people to figure out, or they jut don't really care.

I honestly don't care. There's no way that colorblind people had NO idea what was going on in the Jets Bills game with announcers guiding them through.
What a poor comment. You're telling me that all of the complaints were invalid? What about this matchup was visually distinct? Two teams wearing solid dark colors from head to toe (both of which are the key colors for this common deficiency), with the same color helmets, and without any contrasting pants or socks. Color blindness is a real thing and yes, this was a royal pain to watch. Couldn't even do it, had to turn it off. And no, I'm not "black and white" color blind. I can tell that the Bills are red and the Jets green. But when the players are moving so fast and smacking each other at the line of scrimmage, it was damn near impossible to distinguish the two. As to your comment about the announcers guiding the watchers, well, we shouldn't have to rely on that. Not how football should have to be watched in the age of HD television. I'm all for color-on-color, but do it when it makes sense with distinct matchups like the Raiders in black versus the Titans in powder blue. This game was a legitimate problem.

2E65671600000578-3317271-image-a-1_14474

Maybe they think different colored pants will be enough for colorblind people to figure out, or they jut don't really care.

I honestly don't care. There's no way that colorblind people had NO idea what was going on in the Jets Bills game with announcers guiding them through.
What a poor comment. You're telling me that all of the complaints were invalid? What about this matchup was visually distinct? Two teams wearing solid dark colors from head to toe (both of which are the key colors for this common deficiency), with the same color helmets, and without any contrasting pants or socks. Color blindness is a real thing and yes, this was a royal pain to watch. Couldn't even do it, had to turn it off. And no, I'm not "black and white" color blind. I can tell that the Bills are red and the Jets green. But when the players are moving so fast and smacking each other at the line of scrimmage, it was damn near impossible to distinguish the two. As to your comment about the announcers guiding the watchers, well, we shouldn't have to rely on that. Not how football should have to be watched in the age of HD television. I'm all for color-on-color, but do it when it makes sense with distinct matchups like the Raiders in black versus the Titans in powder blue. This game was a legitimate problem.

I guess what Im saying is that I don't care for the colorblind because Im a jerk

wow, absolutely love the new template. disappointed with new Oregon design, but i can't wait to see the new template implemented in the NFL. theres some things to love about the Pro Bowl uniforms too, like the metallic gold number trim. good god that is beautiful! way to go Nike!

My thoughts exactly. I'm curious to see how the pants handle traditional pant stripes though.

yea will be interesting to see how designs are executed on this. my best educated guess is that we can expect designs look better in general. think of all the seams stripes and numbers had to overlap before - now, a lot of those are gone. and on something like the Buccaneers, Cardinals, or Titans jerseys where the different colored panels obviously followed seams and gave the uniform a "fill in the blank" look, those designs should look better than ever and more "custom" than before.

made a template tonight and threw my Redhawks design on it. not bad

i2gH8sZ.jpg

and why not one more . . .

CVw_xuqVEAAs3_E.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

wow, absolutely love the new template. disappointed with new Oregon design, but i can't wait to see the new template implemented in the NFL. theres some things to love about the Pro Bowl uniforms too, like the metallic gold number trim. good god that is beautiful! way to go Nike!

My thoughts exactly. I'm curious to see how the pants handle traditional pant stripes though.

yea will be interesting to see how designs are executed on this. my best educated guess is that we can expect designs look better in general. think of all the seams stripes and numbers had to overlap before - now, a lot of those are gone. and on something like the Buccaneers, Cardinals, or Titans jerseys where the different colored panels obviously followed seams and gave the uniform a "fill in the blank" look, those designs should look better than ever and more "custom" than before.

i2gH8sZ.jpg

CVw_xuqVEAAs3_E.png

Nice! I wonder who else would be moving into the template. I think Clemson or North Carolina would be canndidates. Maybe even Baylor.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

there are no front seams.. it wraps to the side of the ribs and over the shoulder, then the back panel is actually just the lower panel(upside-down home-plate shape) sewn to the upper panels from the front that converge to produce "mercedes-benz logo" shaped seams (or upside-down Y).. the only seams are the mercedes-logo, side seams (from armpit to waist), and the sleeves being sewn onto the jersey (and i'm assuming where the collar is sewn on as well), but it should make for much better uniform customization because it lacks the multitude of awkwardly-shaped panels in random locations.

The photo galley on the page I linked to below has some nice shots of the new template, and you can also see the shoulder design that is present on the new Oregon uniforms on the models with the blank jerseys.

http://www.oregonlive.com/playbooks-profits/index.ssf/2015/12/nike_rolls_out_latest_football.html#incart_m-rpt-2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Are there any high-res image that show the details of the new template? Hard to tell where many of the seems and different fabrics are.

yea check the Nike news here http://news.nike.com/news/nike-vapor-untouchable-performance-system

that goes into the details a bit and you can click on the "gallery" to open high res images. only 5 panels on the jersey and 5 on the pants. they've created a new cleat as well but i didnt read about it

GRAPHIC ARTIST

14COLORS1-master675.jpg

This is what the game looked like to colorblind people. And they had to watch it from farther away than this. I just hope none of the players were colorblind.

It looks like the pants stripes are just sublimated onto the fabric, so they should be able to do any type of striping.

So, is Nike just trolling everyone?

The last template had the most seems and segmentation in any uniform template we've ever seen. Now, they pretty much have 3 seems on the back, and a seem on each shoulder. They went from extremely tight fitting uniforms to what appears to be loose fitting jerseys. It appears to be the least amount of seems and segments in major sports... besides maybe the saran wrap Adidas produces.

So I wonder if this means the end of the sweat boxes, or just a new shape of sweat box.

from the press release, "strategic design elements to reduce moisture marks on the stomach and back" and "The uniform also replaces mesh with a laser-perforated, stretch-woven material in key sweat zones"

So, is Nike just trolling everyone?

The last template had the most seems and segmentation in any uniform template we've ever seen. Now, they pretty much have 3 seems on the back, and a seem on each shoulder. They went from extremely tight fitting uniforms to what appears to be loose fitting jerseys. It appears to be the least amount of seems and segments in major sports... besides maybe the saran wrap Adidas produces.

i wouldn't say these are "loose fitting". it's designed for "fewer grab points". they've been adjusting the shoulder areas on the Elite51 to be tighter and it seams they at least respect what adidas has done with the TechFit's fit, because that looks to me what they're going for in both material and construction

GRAPHIC ARTIST

I certainly like the reduction of seams, as well as the effort to remove the sweatboxes. Those had been the biggest drawbacks for me about the previous Nike templates.

Nice! I wonder who else would be moving into the template. I think Clemson or North Carolina would be canndidates. Maybe even Baylor.

There have been some rumors about Oklahoma State getting new uniforms for next season. They could be a candidate as well.

Also, that's a sweet template BrandMoore. I need to try updating mine.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Archived