College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Maybe they think different colored pants will be enough for colorblind people to figure out, or they jut don't really care.

I honestly don't care. There's no way that colorblind people had NO idea what was going on in the Jets Bills game with announcers guiding them through.
What a poor comment. You're telling me that all of the complaints were invalid? What about this matchup was visually distinct? Two teams wearing solid dark colors from head to toe (both of which are the key colors for this common deficiency), with the same color helmets, and without any contrasting pants or socks. Color blindness is a real thing and yes, this was a royal pain to watch. Couldn't even do it, had to turn it off. And no, I'm not "black and white" color blind. I can tell that the Bills are red and the Jets green. But when the players are moving so fast and smacking each other at the line of scrimmage, it was damn near impossible to distinguish the two. As to your comment about the announcers guiding the watchers, well, we shouldn't have to rely on that. Not how football should have to be watched in the age of HD television. I'm all for color-on-color, but do it when it makes sense with distinct matchups like the Raiders in black versus the Titans in powder blue. This game was a legitimate problem.

2E65671600000578-3317271-image-a-1_14474

14COLORS1-master675.jpg

This is what the game looked like to colorblind people. And they had to watch it from farther away than this. I just hope none of the players were colorblind.

NFL ain't got time for that.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ole Miss is wearing Red Jerseys in the Sugar Bowl. Helmet and Pants are TBD, though I tweeted at Ken Crain (Head Equipment Manager) and he didn't deny Powder Blue Helmets.

I'm really crossing fingers for the light blue helmets. If not, navy will do just fine.

A light blue-red-gray vs. white-white-orange matchup would be absolutely stunning. And by white helmet for Oklahoma State, I mean traditional "oSu" helmet and not the "ice cowboy" whatever the heck that thing is.

Seperate from that, I think a Clemson/Michigan State NCG matchup is what I'm hoping for uniform-wise. Both color schemes against each other would be the more visually appealing to me.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I'm really crossing fingers for the light blue helmets. If not, navy will do just fine.

A light blue-red-gray vs. white-white-orange matchup would be absolutely stunning. And by white helmet for Oklahoma State, I mean traditional "oSu" helmet and not the "ice cowboy" whatever the heck that thing is.

Seperate from that, I think a Clemson/Michigan State NCG matchup is what I'm hoping for uniform-wise. Both color schemes against each other would be the more visually appealing to me.

Truthfully, I can't imagine Oklahoma State going with a combo as standard as W-W-O, since they tend to go either monochromatic or wear one of their newer components like the orange chrome helmet when it comes to recent bowls. Hell, they haven't even worn the standard white helmet, white facemask, traditional OSU brand once this season.

I've seen some fans calling for an away variant of what we wore to last year's Cactus bowl, OChrome-W-O. I think it'd still be a pretty good uniform matchup with Ole Miss, but I'm still not entirely sold on the chrome helmets, especially not under indoor lighting. The other I've seen mentioned is a repeat of what we wore against Mizzou in the Cotton Bowl, all-white with the black brand/facemask, which in my opinion would be an absolute waste of a potentially great matchup.

OBOWWW.png?dl=0

So this Tweet had me thinking... What if the uniforms that we saw on display at Nike were the templates of the new uniforms that Oregon will wear in the Alamo bowl? It would explain how they leaked on eBay since they're not the official uniform. I don't know, maybe I'm being hopeful for something not so plain looking. I'd like to see those practice pants that came out in October used in game action. They're cut from the new template, and that may be Oregon's new wing pattern?

Just hopeful Friday night boredom thinking. I'm sure they'll look much better in game than those awkward displays.

So this Tweet had me thinking... What if the uniforms that we saw on display at Nike were the templates of the new uniforms that Oregon will wear in the Alamo bowl? It would explain how they leaked on eBay since they're not the official uniform. I don't know, maybe I'm being hopeful for something not so plain looking. I'd like to see those practice pants that came out in October used in game action. They're cut from the new template, and that may be Oregon's new wing pattern?

Just hopeful Friday night boredom thinking. I'm sure they'll look much better in game than those awkward displays.

I think those are what they'll wear during the game. I just hope they have more Oregon-specific touches to the jerseys and pants and get new helmets next season since the ones displayed so far look really underdesigned and sterile, especially for Oregon.

Army wearing branch specific logos on black lids today. Black numbers with gold outline on the left hand side. Helmet stripe looks like it has the campaign list on it. Pretty cool.

Correction: For the Infantry helmet it says, "Queen of battle, follow me". So each branch may have their own motto on the helmet stripe.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I remember when Army/Navy used to be one of the best looking games of the year.

Those were good days.

At least Army will be looking good. Uniform wise. BWB and the only change from this season is the helmet decoration. Unit patches are assigned by position this year as well.

QB - 3 ID

FB - 4 ID

HB - 25th Inf Div

TE - 7th Inf Div

OL - 1st Armor Div

WR - 82nd Airborne Div

DL - 1st Cav Div

LB - 10th Mountain Div

CB - 2nd Inf Div

S- 101st Airborne Div

P/K - 1st Inf Div

There will still be a few players honoring teammates or parent's units as well. One is honoring his grandfather who earned 2 Silver Stars in World War II.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Anyone else watching this GVSU-Shepherd game? I noticed that at least one player (#49 I think) is wearing a jersey that says "GVSU" while everyone else's says "Lakers".

EDIT: And 84 definitely has a jersey that says "GVSU"

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

North Alabama, who beat us (Newberry) like a drum in the first round of the DII Playoffs, had 2 different types of pants.. About 2/3 of the team wore white pants with purple striping, while the rest had gold striping.. The officials didn't seem too concerned when I notified them

They have the old yellow CBS SPORTS banner hanging on the field wall. havent seen that in awhile. pretty cool

Then you must not watch the SEC on CBS each week, because they've used those banners at every broadcast this year, except the SEC Championship.

They have the old yellow CBS SPORTS banner hanging on the field wall. havent seen that in awhile. pretty cool

Then you must not watch the SEC on CBS each week, because they've used those banners at every broadcast this year, except the SEC Championship.

never noticed. did they recently bring it back? or have they just always used it and i just dont see it anymore

Archived