College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.. those MSU unis are beautiful and that helmet finish is just magnificent. Excellent job on both these and UNC's.

And, let's be real: this is e x a c t l y how they should have handled the FSU redesign a year ago, with the team-specific designs and whatnot.

This makes me REALLY excited for CU, I love the current uni's but UNC and MSU are definitely making me optimistic. Also hoping for a gold and silver or sky blue Alt with a horned helmet like their throwbacks from a few years ago.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I really like the subtle pattern on the new Michigan State uniforms. I'm extremely happy that they didn't go over the top and kept the basic green and white uniforms. I think the matte helmet is a big upgrade, as well.

My only gripe is the alternate uniform. I don't like the addition of the gold color without it appearing anywhere else on the primary uniforms. It wouldn't be AS BAD if they didn't also put more emphasis on the dark gray/charcoal color and the shoulder caps. I also hate the giant logo on the side of the gold helmet. I think its one of the worst trends to come out of the last 5 years.

Wow.. those MSU unis are beautiful and that helmet finish is just magnificent. Excellent job on both these and UNC's.

And, let's be real: this is e x a c t l y how they should have handled the FSU redesign a year ago, with the team-specific designs and whatnot.

Wasn't FSU's rebrand EXTREMELY team-specific? They make a great update to the primary Seminole head logo, they cleaned up the spear logo, they added an innovation by crossing the spears in the back of the helmet, and they researched actual Seminole symbol to develop the new FSU pattern. I would say that is pretty damn specific.

Wasn't FSU's rebrand EXTREMELY team-specific? They make a great update to the primary Seminole head logo, they cleaned up the spear logo, they added an innovation by crossing the spears in the back of the helmet, and they researched actual Seminole symbol to develop the new FSU pattern. I would say that is pretty damn specific.

Not sure that's what he meant...I think he was saying the team-specific design should have been a bit more subtle than the Christmas sweater-look.

I think FSU's new uniforms were pretty good (except for the huge collar design) after they tweaked the helmet colors.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It looks as though the lines i was referring to earlier are still on the v-neck of the jersey. They are now just putting the logo over it instead of under it like before. Looks much better that way

17253403961_f4010b3325_b.jpg

However it looks like they messed up on the alternate as it's a completely different material than the rest of the jersey and sticks out like a sore thumb

17252194292_eac15008f8_b.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

They've been putting the logos there since last year. I think the only ones that had it higher was the Oregon Alamo Bowl uniforms.

For Michigan State, these look a lot better minus the bronze on the numbers. As for the greens looking different, I think it's the background making the alternates look darker.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm very happy Pitt brought back the cursive script. Now lets hope Florida will get rid of theirs. You have one of the coolest nicknames in sports, UF. Dress accordingly.

I think a gator is a great nickname but I don't think that the circle logo or a full gator logo would look right on a helmet. I have grown to like the cursive script. Maybe it's just nostalgia at this point for me. Then again, I can't stand UF and I shouldn't care at all what they do. :)

So, what is the deal with the numbers having a green outline? Nike did this with the Browns' jerseys, too. Are they starting to use single-layer twill with screenprinting on it, like a crappy replica jersey? Or is this something like what Adidas does with basketball?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

So, what is the deal with the numbers having a green outline? Nike did this with the Browns' jerseys, too. Are they starting to use single-layer twill with screenprinting on it, like a crappy replica jersey? Or is this something like what Adidas does with basketball?

On the Browns, I think it was because they were doing the Chain Maile mesh numbers. On this set I think it's because of the notches in the numbers? But that's just a guess.

On the Browns, I think it was because they were doing the Chain Maile mesh numbers. On this set I think it's because of the notches in the numbers? But that's just a guess.

Michigan State had the same notches in the previous jersey design and Nike didn't use a green outline for the white numbers.

hi-res-452633427-connor-cook-of-the-mich

Honestly it looks like they're using the green outline (and white outline on the white tops) just as an extra layer on the numbers. Like, they didn't want the stitching the be prevalent on the numbers themselves, so there's an extra layer simply for the stitching (if this makes any sense)

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Anybody surprised they arent on the newest template? No flywire either, this should be the model of all teams!

CDE6cmGUgAAWRc5.jpg

CDE6dHeVAAA-Utj.jpg

CDE63-0UkAEyVdo.jpg

CDE5deyW0AArdCt.jpg

1518870.jpg

1518871.jpg

Finally checking this out after being pretty sick the past week, and these are an A+. The collar especially is a thing of beauty, and reminds me of Temple's "Acres of Diamonds"-inspired collars that UA came up with. It'd be a trend I'd definitely approve of for teams with iconic patterns.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Not sure that's what he meant...I think he was saying the team-specific design should have been a bit more subtle than the Christmas sweater-look.

I think FSU's new uniforms were pretty good (except for the huge collar design) after they tweaked the helmet colors.

Bingo

Archived