College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Why do the pros cover up their bare calves but not the college game?

NFL rules require socks up to the knees. College doesn't have such uniform rules.

I think I like the college way better, especially if monochrome continues to be a thing. The sock length in college prevents the leggings look.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NFL rules require socks up to the knees. College doesn't have such uniform rules.

I think I like the college way better, especially if monochrome continues to be a thing. The sock length in college prevents the leggings look.
I'd prefer they add stripes.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

In '92 or so, Florida wore blue socks with the all white unis against FSU. I'm not sure I've seen it since, but it looked amazing, IMO. I can't break down why...it just looked good.

1992%20Shane%20Matthews.jpg?142991782756

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

i love striped socks but i think players at all levels should have a warm and cold weather option. hot weather = short socks; cold weather = long

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I think the college, shorter sock look is 1000x better than the long sock NFL look.

I prefer the high sock look in theory, but I'm not a fan of the white sanitary bottoms, and really can't stand the parade of mismatched improperly worn socks that you see on any given Sunday.

6683722.jpg

nfl_u_marshb_cr_600x400.jpg

tempbears_vs_packers_121612_15--nfl_mezz

Frank_Gore_Fined_Socks_Too_Low_49ers_Cha

i love striped socks but i think players at all levels should have a warm and cold weather option. hot weather = short socks; cold weather = long

I've noticed that Iowa players tend to wear matching tall black/white socks more often than those in most programs. Not sure if it's something that's requested by the coaching staff, or just a trend. A few seasons ago, it seemed as if all of Iowa's players wore these.

hi-res-6795994_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=42

IOWA HAWKEYES // KANSAS CITY CHIEFS // MINNESOTA TWINS

I've noticed that Iowa players tend to wear matching tall black/white socks more often than those in most programs. Not sure if it's something that's requested by the coaching staff, or just a trend. A few seasons ago, it seemed as if all of Iowa's players wore these.

hi-res-6795994_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=42

interesting, those look like NFL style socks, which i believe are 2 pieces and thats the reason you get the thousands of different variations on how they're worn. some players wear spandex underneath too which can make for some really odd looks. if a football league were to go with my suggestion of short/long options i'd like for the long socks to be 1 piece, solid color with stripes printed on or woven in.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived