College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

The logo on the right hip is now a thing...Nike did it with North Carolina too, and a few other schools.

Guess I noticed it with Colorado because they're so simple. NC distracted me with the argyle.

spacer.png

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oregon, Oregon, Oregon. What are we going to do with you?

The flying geese helmet is a completely disaster. I don't know what the hell they were thinking with that. The colors... geeze. The apple green is fantastic... everything else is terrible. The sand/khaki color? Black? Gray... whatever, I just assume it comes with the territory for Oregon. But come on. Its the spring game. If you want to add some different stuff to pay tribute to a championship, or the military, or some major even (9/11 comes to mind), then that's fine. But just busting out crazy, non-school colors should never be the case for spring games.

Oregon has done a great job paying tribute to the military with their spring game, regardless of the uniforms they have worn. Also, the uniforms pay tribute in a tasteful way, and much better than just using a camo pattern and calling it a day.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The flying geese helmet is a completely disaster. I don't know what the hell they were thinking with that. The colors... geeze. The apple green is fantastic... everything else is terrible. The sand/khaki color? Black? Gray... whatever, I just assume it comes with the territory for Oregon. But come on. Its the spring game. If you want to add some different stuff to pay tribute to a championship, or the military, or some major even (9/11 comes to mind), then that's fine. But just busting out crazy, non-school colors should never be the case for spring games.

Spring games are the perfect venue for non-school colors. It's a glorified practice. Nobody cares two weeks later. I'd rather have them wear non-school colors at spring practice than any point during the regular season or bowl games.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Shows how much you know about why Oregon does what it does in its spring game. They view it as a way to do one-off jerseys that are different enough from their regular jerseys that they feel special for those military members getting the jerseys after the game.

Guess how I knew you were new here before I looked at your Joined date

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Spring games are the perfect venue for non-school colors. It's a glorified practice. Nobody cares two weeks later. I'd rather have them wear non-school colors at spring practice than any point during the regular season or bowl games.

Shows how much you know about why Oregon does what it does in its spring game. They view it as a way to do one-off jerseys that are different enough from their regular jerseys that they feel special for those military members getting the jerseys after the game.

Concerning the Oregon jerseys... Yes, I agree: if there is a time to do a 1-off, it would be the spring game. However, I think one of the great things about the spring games is seeing the home and away uniforms of your school going at each other. I think that is what of the great parts of college football. When Ohio State did pink numbers for breast cancer, I was cool with it. If Oregon wants to put the war/conflict patches on the uniform, I'm for it. Because those were subtle changes, they weren't dominant design elements.

I would never choose for a team to do a 1-off jersey during a bowl game, or even worse, during their major rivalry game (Michigan/Ohio State, Iron Bowl, Egg Bowl, etc.). Like I said, I can get behind doing special things, especially for the troops, but resorting to having 1 school color and 3 non school colors? I don't like it... not even for the spring game. I especially don't like aweul design elements, like the ducks on the helmet... regardless of spring game, practice uniforms, real uniforms, or knock offs. As is typical with Oregon, I think they overdid it with the khaki and black.

Guess how I knew you were new here before I looked at your Joined date

I was here for years before, but under a super, top-secret, level 5 security clearance alias.

As we're done seeing the new uniforms of the Colorado, Michigan State, North Carolina, Army and TCU, we're waiting on the Tennessee unveiling uniforms as they're switching to Nike from crappy Adidas. Same thing for the Miami and Arizona State as they switch from Nike to Adidas. Any idea when the date will be announced for the showings?

So far, I like the Michigan State uniform the best!

The new Colorado unis are bad. I dislike that they lost the sleeve stripes after going back to the classic look a few years ago. The biggest thing, however, is that font. It's such a terrible, awful font, and it's even worse when italicized. Even more so, they've hitched their wagon to this font despite the fact that it's not at all unique to them. I don't get it. I was glad when they went away from it a few years ago. I think we all figured the return to glory would be short-lived, considering the program is in the dumpster and Nike can't help themselves. I'm surprised, though, that they went back to essentially the same crap they were wearing before.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

There is a rumor that Texas A&M might be doing a uniform redesign this season, but I'm not crazy about that at all. 'Sources' on other forums are discussing this, but I hope we stay with what we've been doing. In particular, I've been a fan of the WMW combos we've done a few times (mizzou '12, bama '13, and ark '14). I'd prefer to see more of this if for no other reason than to further differentiate ourselves from Mississippi State in conference match ups. Typically stays with maroon helmets for the primary, so a switch to a white primary would be my preference.

Malcome+Kennedy+Texas+v+Arkansas+i5pm3sF

MwI2rht_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

a&mbanner1.png

CAPSHIELDbackground4.png

Archived