buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

BrandMooreArt    1,518

CEalEsJWMAAqazS.png

Elon University (FCS - CAA) has new uniforms - they are finally ditching the old Missouri template. Looks pretty good.

that is a proper football uniform. i know this isn't the first school to have this new stripe cut, but Nike is now doing the over-the-shoulder stripes better than ever.

CEalEsJWMAAqazS.png

Elon University (FCS - CAA) has new uniforms - they are finally ditching the old Missouri template. Looks pretty good.

that is a proper football uniform. i know this isn't the first school to have this new stripe cut, but Nike is now doing the over-the-shoulder stripes better than ever.

Agreed these are great but I wish they wouldn't have gone Gold/White/Gold on the home stripes. White and gold bleed together.

Clintau24    573

CEalEsJWMAAqazS.png

Agreed these are great but I wish they wouldn't have gone Gold/White/Gold on the home stripes. White and gold bleed together.

That's exactly what they did use...

Webfooter    298

CEalEsJWMAAqazS.png

That's exactly what they did use...

He's wishing they did something different than what they ended up doing. Only other stripe pattern would have been white/gold/white, which may have looked good but wouldn't have necessarily been better.

BrandMooreArt    1,518

yea the only way to really make that better is to match the gold fabric to the helmet paint. which probably isn't available through nike catalog.

OnWis97    2,309

Boise's "B" Logo looks great on that helmet. Also, the Purdue white helmet looks fantastic as well.

I liked what I saw too but the photo shown just before this post only showed the right side of the helmet. So I thought I'd investigate the left side since the first thing I thought of when I saw that "B" was the Ravens; probably because of that little serif on the top-left. I think it looks a little better on the right side but I tend to find that with letter decals on helmets (Wisconsin, the Bears). So I suppose this is not a Ravens situation; their big issue is that it makes the helmet logos no longer mirror images. But the italics kinda causes the letter to not conform as well to the shape of the helmet on the left side.

But that can be a reality with letter decals (which are almost always better than overly-detailed logos) so i can live with this.

bkknight95    720

Boise's "B" Logo looks great on that helmet. Also, the Purdue white helmet looks fantastic as well.

I liked what I saw too but the photo shown just before this post only showed the right side of the helmet. So I thought I'd investigate the left side since the first thing I thought of when I saw that "B" was the Ravens; probably because of that little serif on the top-left. I think it looks a little better on the right side but I tend to find that with letter decals on helmets (Wisconsin, the Bears). So I suppose this is not a Ravens situation; their big issue is that it makes the helmet logos no longer mirror images. But the italics kinda causes the letter to not conform as well to the shape of the helmet on the left side.

But that can be a reality with letter decals (which are almost always better than overly-detailed logos) so i can live with this.

7mT7W.AuSt.36.jpeg

The talk around Boise (where I'm currently living) is that these were only for the Spring Game. But no one around here has mentioned new uniforms or talk of new uniforms. If they are getting new uniforms, they have been keeping a really good secret.

pianoknight    1,290

7mT7W.AuSt.36.jpeg

The talk around Boise (where I'm currently living) is that these were only for the Spring Game. But no one around here has mentioned new uniforms or talk of new uniforms. If they are getting new uniforms, they have been keeping a really good secret.

Maybe when Boise wears the all-orange, they'll swap their Bluegrass for Tangerine Turf.

WSU151    2,546

I really wish Nike could make its gold pants a darker shade. just naming off a few teams - we've seen it with Vandy, CU, and now Elon - Nike's gold pants are light khaki.

bri1275    31

KU head coach David Beaty tweeted these two helmets yesterday. Looks like a mirror finish on helmet and logos. I think the white helmet would look better with a blue chrome facemask if they are going for the shiny look.

kFUaZk7.jpg

Clintau24    573

If Kansas ever figures out how to wear that KU logo well (these aren't too bad here), they'd look amazing. But until then, they're very unimpressive

How many helmets does Kansas have now? Has to be in the high teens? Jesus, I guess when you're the laughing stock of the Big12 you must try to be the best at something

razorback447    199

How many helmets does Kansas have now? Has to be in the high teens? Jesus, I guess when you're the laughing stock of the Big12 you must try to be the best at something

I thought Beaty said that they wouldn't be wearing all the crazy alternates going forward?

MJWalker45    1,074

I remember that too. They went with the basic helmet at the end of the season and ditched the ugly red alternates.

Germanshepherd    563

Nothing besides the number font.

Midway    367

Well for starters, Trajan is a damn beautiful font that also belongs nowhere near a football uniform.

Right now Kansas is nothing but squandered uniform potential.