College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

KU head coach David Beaty tweeted these two helmets yesterday. Looks like a mirror finish on helmet and logos. I think the white helmet would look better with a blue chrome facemask if they are going for the shiny look.

kFUaZk7.jpg

Hate the chrome facemasks but actually don't mind the mirror finish and really like the white helmet. But why are the KU logos different? Looks like they used bold for the white helmet...

Anyways...if they completely NUKE every other of their 50 helmets and jersey combinations including the god awful red chrome abonimation, anything that has any black on it and all the Jayhawk bird helmets and just roll with these two helmets and a super simplified uniform selection (again, no black, no monochrome anything, no red primary...only blue as a primary color)...then maybe at least we can at least start to build some consistency. Right now, the uniforms need to reflect what the program needs to be about...back to square one, back to the basics. Even casual NCAA fans realized that when an awful, downtrodden program like KU's pulls out a dozen different poorly and cheaply designed helmets and uniforms over the span of a couple seasons, it is meant as nothing more than a distraction from what isn't happening on the field. You don't create brand synergy by infusing an already poor brand with an even poorer, more disjointed look in a desparate effort to "be cool" and to "appeal to the kids/players".

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i mean there is just nothing wrong with these :(

aqib-talib-.jpg

This is how the New York Giants SHOULD look.

Isn't this how they DO look?

Sort of, but not really. Giants have no red on their blue jersey and use the matte gray pants.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

KU head coach David Beaty tweeted these two helmets yesterday. Looks like a mirror finish on helmet and logos. I think the white helmet would look better with a blue chrome facemask if they are going for the shiny look.

kFUaZk7.jpg

Hate the chrome facemasks but actually don't mind the mirror finish and really like the white helmet. But why are the KU logos different? Looks like they used bold for the white helmet...

I think they are the same it's just the red bleeding into the blue that is making it look different, and yes the chrome facemasks are ugly

Kansas' use of Trajan has grown on me. I'm normally not a fan of serif numbers and fonts for football teams - they usually just feel sort of Times New Romanish - but Kansas has worn it for long enough that it's become their calling card.

If I was the AD for KU, I'd give them the option of the blue, white or red jerseys (purely alternate) and maybe both the white and gray pants. The helmet would be restricted solely to the blue beauty with either the Jayhawk or KU logo. End of discussion. No more powder blues, blacks, silvers, chromes, whites or whatever other colors they can dream up.

3 jerseys. 2 pants. 1 helmet. Done.

ku_fbc_spring_game_30_t640_crop_north.jp

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

aqib-talib-.jpg

Sort of, but not really. Giants have no red on their blue jersey and use the matte gray pants.

Correct. They need red on their blue and white jerseys and blue on their white and red jerseys. Lose the dull gray pants too,

87Redskins.png

aqib-talib-.jpg

Correct. They need red on their blue and white jerseys and blue on their white and red jerseys. Lose the dull gray pants too,

I agree that the blue jersey needs more red and the white needs more blue, but they definitely need to keep the gray pants as those look great. Especially they help tie in the gray facemask with the overall look.

spacer.png

Will be interesting to see what Michigan does. Notre Dame skipped out on adidas reportedly because they weren't happy with Michigan receiving more money from them than they were. adidas may not have the cache but they do show schools the cash which makes it tough to switch.

Regarding KU, if he just removes the clutter from the current uniforms I'd be pretty happy. I'd also like to see them go back to the bold version of the trajan font rather than the regular version they're using now. I don't love the chrome facemask but they are going to a mirror finish on the blue helmets, not sure if a red mirror facemask or white would look better.

Oklahoma%20St%20Kansas%20Football.JPG

I seem to be in the minority here, but I am of the opinion that the Jayhawk looks significantly better on a helmet than the 'KU.' As long as they stick to the basic blue-blue-white/grey and blue-red-white/grey combinations, I believe the current look is salvageable.

Also, I'd like to see the Giants drop red from the color scheme altogether.

IOWA HAWKEYES // KANSAS CITY CHIEFS // MINNESOTA TWINS

I'm not a fan of the Jayhawk being on anything but a white field. The way the thing is designed, it bleeds into the blue or red areas of a uniform so much, it's pointless. The Jayhawk head on a red lid, or the entire body on a blue lid, looks awful. It needs to be on a completely contrasting field to look well.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

KU head coach David Beaty tweeted these two helmets yesterday. Looks like a mirror finish on helmet and logos. I think the white helmet would look better with a blue chrome facemask if they are going for the shiny look.kFUaZk7.jpg

Anyways...if they completely NUKE every other of their 50 helmets and jersey combinations including the god awful red chrome abonimation, anything that has any black on it and all the Jayhawk bird helmets and just roll with these two helmets and a super simplified uniform selection (again, no black, no monochrome anything, no red primary...only blue as a primary color)...then maybe at least we can at least start to build some consistency. Right now, the uniforms need to reflect what the program needs to be about...back to square one, back to the basics. Even casual NCAA fans realized that when an awful, downtrodden program like KU's pulls out a dozen different poorly and cheaply designed helmets and uniforms over the span of a couple seasons, it is meant as nothing more than a distraction from what isn't happening on the field. You don't create brand synergy by infusing an already poor brand with an even poorer, more disjointed look in a desparate effort to "be cool" and to "appeal to the kids/players".

I am happy to see the KU back on the helmet.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Okay I may get some backlash from people on this, but I don't understand why everyone totally despises Adidas. Now yes I do agree that they definitely have some very questionable designs ( cough cough Miami of Ohio ) and other one time jerseys but do people seriously just want to see 2 manufacturers in the NCAA (Nike and Under Armour). There already is enough unoriginality in not just Football also Basketball and many other sports. I dont even mind Russell that much just because they change things up.

Tj4ZkPU.png

1zwchs3.jpg_zpshph8rzul.png

27xqdyc.jpg_zps7iobnqxz.png

I kinda like the idea of dropping the U from the KU logo and just having their Trajan K be the logo on the helmet. Own the letter K.

I'm not a fan of the Jayhawk on the helmet.

I don't see that happening. Kansas has too much invested the KU brand.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived