College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

According to their AD in a radio interview, Ole Miss will bring back the Powder Blue helmets at least once next year. Great news, IMO.

Should be for the Mississippi State game.

They play in Starkville this year, but I agree (and tweeted yesterday) that this would be a great matchup in 2016:

Bo-v-Memphis-650x342.jpg

dak-prescott-ncaa-football-orange-bowl-m

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to their AD in a radio interview, Ole Miss will bring back the Powder Blue helmets at least once next year. Great news, IMO.

They play in Starkville this year, but I agree (and tweeted yesterday) that this would be a great matchup in 2016:

Bo-v-Memphis-650x342.jpg

Ole Miss should definitely use the powder blue helmets on the road with their white & red away jerseys with either white/red pants. It'd be an awesome look against almost any team.

Bo-v-Memphis-650x342.jpg

Ole Miss should definitely use the powder blue helmets on the road with their white & red away jerseys with either white/red pants. It'd be an awesome look against almost any team.

Sorry for the double post!

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

The blue and white checkered pattern has no Kentucky roots. They are the colors of a Virginia horse farm/Virginia owner. Kentucky trying to own that is a bit lame (pun??) - I think the athletics department just likes that the silks were blue and white and, you know, horses.

A Kentucky-Born horse just won the triple crown. Right now, there's no excuse for Kentucky not to be rocking polka dots.

vGchWTz.jpg

I think Kentucky should change their name to something horse related. Wildcats is overused.

Kentucky Throroughbreds sounds awesome. Too bad they've used Wildcats for so long...a lot of tradition and history built up already.

I love your idea for a one-game thing, but that color scheme...

eagles-throwback-675x380.jpg2007eaglesspecial5.jpg

87Redskins.png

2b874738e530153c276b358af55e0b1a.jpg

The white helmets and gray facemasks look terrible on the Chargers. There's just not enough balance between the helmet, jersey and pants. And black numbers?

I realize there's a vintage element to this look, but vintage =/= better. Sometimes vintage looks dumb.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

That's why the Chargers switched to white pants. They'd probably need a yellow helmet to achieve perfect color balance, but I honestly like that look, apart from the helmet's colors (and facemask) not matching the rest of the uniform. If you remove the pants stripes, sleeve numbers, and fix the helmet, I think it'd look great. (Just trying to prove to the poster before me that yellow and light blue can work for a football uniform.)

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Probably means nothing at all, but will UGA bring back the black pants? Nike is reissuing the Speedvent practice shorts this year and UGA's were updated to black. Last year they were a straight copy of the silver britches.

53dd5250e6ff7.image.jpg

Here are the black ones. They are the exact same stripe pattern as before with the triple stripe. The black stripe is basically invisible.

2v2bjau.jpg

http://www.fansedge.com/catalog/product/Nike_Georgia_Bulldogs_Black_2015_Sideline_Player_Speed_Vent_Performance_Shorts

CGwCaGhWgAAV83z.jpg

Identical in style to these black pants:

4067573550_b470b7263a.jpg

I think it may be something where they issued black to all the teams that have it. Ohio State has black shorts in the team shop with the stripes going all the way down the shorts rather than stopping like the ones you've shown. The Browns have a similar pair in Brown with O/W/O striping.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Don't read too much into that stuff. Probably as simple as the team requesting it.

That doesn't mean they won't have black pants, just this is meaningless. Black shorts are infinitely more wearable than grey or red around campus.

Mizzou may or may not be getting a helmet similar to what they already have, but with a finish like we're seeing on all the new helmets. Really similar to Colorado's silver helmet.

https://twitter.com/mackenzie_71/status/609132395531517952

Re: Black UGA pants... You guys are probably right about the fact that black is a more wearable color than the gray was. Might have to scoop a pair. I've got the gray ones along with the anthracite Dolphins pair and they are really nice.

The white helmets and gray facemasks look terrible on the Chargers. There's just not enough balance between the helmet, jersey and pants. And black numbers?

I realize there's a vintage element to this look, but vintage =/= better. Sometimes vintage looks dumb.

I agree with you on the gray facemask, but other than that, this is a perfectly balanced uniform. Including the socks, the color combo is White-Blue-Yellow-Blue-White.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I agree with you on the gray facemask, but other than that, this is a perfectly balanced uniform. Including the socks, the color combo is White-Blue-Yellow-Blue-White.

This is the once in a decade alignment of the planets... Lights Out and I agree on a football uniform! Like the Boston Breakers' white-blue-silver, this a one of the times a team can get away with the bottom heave color arrangement.

Well, not surprisingly since you're agreeing with him, you're wrong here. The little bit of white at the bottom of the sock doesn't balance out the white helmet, which is the most important part of a football identity. Those uniforms would have to be worn with white pants to look good. The above picture looks like the equipment manager's idiot son ordered the wrong color helmets, or alternatively, the helmets got lost in shipping so they had to run to a sporting goods store and buy 50 generic white helmets before the game.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Well, not surprisingly since you're agreeing with him, you're wrong here. The little bit of white at the bottom of the sock doesn't balance out the white helmet, which is the most important part of a football identity. Those uniforms would have to be worn with white pants to look good. The above picture looks like the equipment manager's idiot son ordered the wrong color helmets, or alternatively, the helmets got lost in shipping so they had to run to a sporting goods store and buy 50 generic white helmets before the game.

My thoughts exactly. Speaking exclusively as a fan of a team who's rocked white helmets since the dawn of time, you really need either a white jersey or pants to balance them out. Look at Penn State or Texas, too - white pants to balance, or in the case of NU, the road red pants are offset by the white jersey/white helmet combo.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Well, not surprisingly since you're agreeing with him, you're wrong here. The little bit of white at the bottom of the sock doesn't balance out the white helmet, which is the most important part of a football identity.

The solution to that would be to wear white cleats as well.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I never said anything about the white of the sock balancing the helmet... I don't think that thought would've occurred to me. I just like that old charger uniform (and the breakers uniform, and the white over Brown over yellow Wyoming Cowboys uniform) because I like them.

I know that isn't always an acceptable answer around here, but there you go. I like how it looks. It has a vintage kind of quirkiness appeals to me.

That's all I got.

What he said. ^^^ I disagree with the Chargers uniforms looking good in that pic balanced or not, but sometimes a uniform just looks good (to your own eyes). Otherwise there'd be no Unpopular opinions thread, and therefore we'd all have one less thing to be nerds about.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Re: Black UGA pants... You guys are probably right about the fact that black is a more wearable color than the gray was. Might have to scoop a pair. I've got the gray ones along with the anthracite Dolphins pair and they are really nice.

Replace the pants stripes with bolts and make the white socks length consistent and you have a winner

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived