College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Love Tennessee's new uniforms!

This is a great "modern" update to a classic uniform without going overboard (cough cough Louisville). Nike has hit it out of the park recently with Tennessee and UNC IMO, using unique elements for each school but not going overboard. This is exactly how uniform design should be.

I'm also a big fan of the way Nike incorporated the checkerboard pattern for Tennessee but separated it from Kentucky's pattern.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only thing Id change about the Vols new set is the striping. They're known historically for double pants stripes. Just use the same pattern, just with 2 stripes.

Basically this but inverted. uspw_5052372-700x466.jpg

The double striping on the pants always bothered me with the single helmet stripe. I think this gives them consistency throughout the design. In this case, single stripe >>>> double stripe IMO.

I see the reasoning behind this, but Alabama doesn't need to add a 2nd stripe on their helmet to match their pants. It looks good as is. On the flip side, I wish the Colts had the double stripes on their helmets. This is probably because the Colts use double stripes more and therefore look silly with just a single stripe up top.
Actually, Alabama having 2 stripes on the pants mimics the helmet stripe, since the striping goes red-white-red on both:

125635450_display_image.jpg?1316889086

Yeah. I was going to say the same thing. Its R-W-R.

As for Alabama's lack of TV numbers on the jersey... to me, it still looks great... but it would look just THAT much better with TV numbers. It would make them nearly identical to Oklahoma, sans the word mark, but I just think it looks so much more like a football uniform with TV numbers.

But when Alabama wore white helmets, it was never r/w/r on the helmet

MGthumb1984.jpg

It's really just one stripe on the helmet. Not r/w/r.

Am I the only one with the sacrilegious desire to see Alabama pull those helmets out as a throwback?

No you are not I would love to see the white helmet back

http://www.maizenbrew.com/2015/7/6/8900681/report-u-m-will-announce-nike-as-its-apparel-provider-this-week

I know it's been rumored for a while, but will Michigan finally make the switch to Nike?

I worked a camp up there a few weeks ago and they said then they were done with Adidas and it would probably be nike but maybe under Armour. Glad to see the switch

Michigan is officially back with Nike!! Hoops to wear Jordan brand!!

I was more struck more by the basketball teams going to Jordan Brand than Michigan actually switching to Nike. Shows the kind of esteem that program is held in to be put under that brand.

Michigan is officially back with Nike!! Hoops to wear Jordan brand!!

I was more struck more by the basketball teams going to Jordan Brand than Michigan actually switching to Nike. Shows the kind of esteem that program is held in to be put under that brand.

I was also struck by that because I'd heard absolutely no rumors involving Jordan Brand leading up to the deal (most people knew we were shooting for Nike though). But when you think about it, the self-imposed anti-Fab Five sanctions are over, so we can once again celebrate that historic cultural phenomenon, and Beilein's turned the team into a perennial deep-in-March Madness contender (apart from this past injury-filled blip of a rebuilding season) with a steady stream of lottery picks (again, apart from this past season), so I think we're worthy now.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

didn't Nike own that shade of Maize, that's why adidas couldn't use it on their Michigan unis?

Michigan made the right choice. The swoosh looks so damn good with maize and blue.

11698954_842665535782551_125695901338641

I'm hoping they use this shade of maize because the one they use with Adidas has just never looked right.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

didn't Nike own that shade of Maize, that's why adidas couldn't use it on their Michigan unis?

Michigan made the right choice. The swoosh looks so damn good with maize and blue.

11698954_842665535782551_125695901338641

I'm hoping they use this shade of maize because the one they use with Adidas has just never looked right.

I think so but Adidas still didn't have to use that highlighter shade of maize they decided on. They should have only gone a shade or two lighter or darker instead of the intensely bright one they went with.

Archived