NBA Redesign (NEW PRESENTATION; Portland Added)

macalesterscots

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments everybody; keep them coming. I'm going to do a quick bump for some more C&C on the previous concepts before posting Dallas tomorrow morning.

The Cavs' new numbers are an improvement. I also like what you did for the Nets. I wonder, though, how they would look with orange instead of baby blue as a secondary color. There are no orange/black teams in the NBA anyway.

Thanks for the comment. For Brooklyn, I chose the light blue because of its Brooklyn connections (via a Dodgers alternate uni back in the day as well as its appearance in the Brooklyn flag). Also, its presence is flashy enough that it doesn't look as bland as the original but not so flashy that it goes against the understated theme Brooklyn is going for. Also, I don't feel like the Nets would want to adopt a color shared with a team in the same city as them. In this instance, the Knicks own orange, plain and simple.

And don't worry about there not being an orange/black team in the NBA - that will change under my watch ;) ;)

Nothing, eh? Well, that's what I get for bumping on a Saturday night!

I would love some more C&C on the Cavs (or anyone else for that matter), but now I'm going to shoot out the first Western Conference team (funny how the alphabet works), the Dallas Mavericks!

DALLAS MAVERICKS

I feel like their transition to the double blue and a more modern font didn't fit the name Mavericks. With a name like that, they should be the rootinest-tootinest team in the Wild Wild West. Instead they look almost space-agey. To remedy this, I returned them to their previous color palette and tweaked the old cowboy hat logo. The font is IFC Insane Rodeo, taken from the Dafont website.

wj1f3Km.png

And that will do it for this Texas team. Coming soon, a new-ish look for the Mile High City! As always, C&C is appreciated.

The use of the Pac Man logo in the Hawks' home and away jerseys suits them very well. They're known for having some of the NBA's more unique jerseys and these would fit right in.

That Celtics alt you've got is by far my favorite. It's got a classic look to it that fits the Celtics, and the number in the shamrock gives it a unique feel. Love it.

Brooklyn's got my least favorite look in the league. You improved it, but they didn't give you very good material to work with.

Charlotte's alt is the best of that bunch. I love the way you incorporated the stinger on the sides. The number font you used in the set is also a lot better than the one that's used in the real jerseys.

Chicago's alt is great. Is gives them something different without straying from their roots.

I do like the idea of returning to the wordmark the Cavs used during Lebron's first stint with them, but I think they'd look better without the stripes. I understand why you went with them, but they make the jerseys look too dated imo.

And Dallas has the best overall set. The font is awesome, the colors look great, and I love the use of the hat logo on the alt.

You've done some great work so far, and I can't wait to see what else you come up with.

8bVWNl7.png.df4b40fc8bee1fb7b4442d7fc55c

Thanks for the comments everybody; I greatly appreciate them and I greatly appreciate you. Next, we have the Denver Nuggets!!

DENVER NUGGETS

Like the Mavericks, this is a prime example of a team name and identity not matching up. Seeing as the Denver Nuggets are named after the gold rush occurring in Colorado during the late 1850's, it only makes sense that their logo is...a mountain? Yeah, that's not gonna fly with me. A modified version of the pickaxe logo replaces it. The double blue, yellow, and their font likewise do not evoke a mining theme, so I set to find a more apt color scheme for the Nuggets. Since Pittsburgh will likely never receive an NBA (sorry yinz), the Nuggets are a perfect candidate for a black and yellow color scheme. For the uniforms, I based them off of their excellent alternate jersey. The color blocks on the shorts remain, but with the color change they no longer look like a Jesuit college in Wisconsin. The alternate features the logo, as previously utilized in the Nuggets' history. The lone diamond on the shorts again evokes a past uniform, namely this; I may add the diamonds to the sides of the jersey if that's something people want. The font is called Saddlebag, from the Dafont website. I think it is distinct enough from the Mavericks, and these will be the only two teams with a Western font. I pinky promise.

trpk9bF.png

And that will wrap up the Denver Nuggets. This is one of my first cracks and redoing a logo, so comments on that as well as the uniforms will be greatly appreciated. Next, we will flow down to Motown for the Detroit Pistons!

C&C greatly welcomed.

Anchorman-Stay-Classy.jpg

The numbers on Denver's home and away get lost a bit. Maybe in the real world, they;d look fine, but on my screen, they aren't. I'd try removing the stripes on the back or perhaps match the number color to the jersey color (preserving the outline). They could be a bit larger, too; that might help.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

That Nuggets concept is a winner. Perfect color scheme for them. Only thing I would do is get rid of that skyline logo on the regular jerseys. It doesn't really fit well with the mining theme you have here. I think if you took that alternate, and made that the basis of your regular uniforms, then it would be perfect.

The numbers on Denver's home and away get lost a bit. Maybe in the real world, they;d look fine, but on my screen, they aren't. I'd try removing the stripes on the back or perhaps match the number color to the jersey color (preserving the outline). They could be a bit larger, too; that might help.

I second this. The numbers don't exactly stand out to me. Removing the stripes on the back would work well to fix that, as well as making them a tad bigger. I'm not too crazy about the alternate either, it doesn't exactly scream "basketball" to me. Don't know what else you'd use instead though. I do agree that Denver would be the team to rock the black and gold though. Keep up the good work.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Archived