__taylorc's College Football Redesigns (4/27 Cincinnati Bearcats)

__taylorc

That just doesn't look like WMU to me with yellow instead of old gold, don't think I've ever heard of their official colors being brown and yellow (not that I've looked hard). Not only do I think old gold looks better, it would also distance them from wyoming. As far as the uniforms go, I think the brown helmet looks better with the gold logo instead of the white, and the uniforms could use more striping, they're a bit bland.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

It seems that brown and yellow are the university colors, but not necessarily the athletic colors. If you look at the first two supporting colors on the page you linked two, they're the caramel and old gold in the horse head logo.

I would use brown and old gold, with the caramel color as an accent. It's a beautiful combination and will separate WMU from Wyoming. That would allow you to use the fully colored logo as well--the single color one in your concept just looks bad.

Take a look at my WMU concept for some inspiration if you want: http://i.imgur.com/VNR3pes.png?1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello everyone lately I've busy with school I graduate in a month so I've been working hard lately, but I've gotten it bored and I felt like doing some College Football concepts. Now I heard that Cincinnati was moving to Under Armour and I'm intrigued with what Under Armour could do.

r7JTXIO.jpg

So I'm using my Uni Chart (I just made up that name) that I am currently using in my College Baseball Series. Now I'm using Cincy's new pattern that Under Armour has supplied them and I put it on there sleeves and I used the non-Italic version of the Friz Quadrata Font and it has a good look. So what do you think?

Tj4ZkPU.png

1zwchs3.jpg_zpshph8rzul.png

27xqdyc.jpg_zps7iobnqxz.png

I like how you incorporate the new striping on the sleeves. I'm curious to see how they will incorporate the new striping into uniforms. Also, thank you for resisting the urge to put it on the helmets and pants: I think that would have been too much. That being said, I don't like the piping on the pants. There is no piping on the jerseys (that I can tell), so I don't know why it would start at the pants. I would get rid of the piping and leave the pants plain.

One other note: I don't know why you include the undershirt if you don't put a design on it. I think you mentioned earlier that putting designs on an undershirt is useless because it isn't visible, and I think that's fine. I would just omit it from your Uni Chart. (Of course, in real life, the major brands still put designs on the the undershirts, even if it is only for the players. If you put a design on it, by all means keep the undershirt in the chart.)

award%20sig.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived