2015 NBA All-Star Weekend (Predictions & Happenings)

LEWJ

I realize this could be added to the 2014-15 NBA season thread, but I wanted to start out with roster predictions. Hopefully others will share theirs.

Apologies if there is already a similar thread.

WESTERN CONFERENCE (Predictions)

Starters:

Steph Curry, GS

Kobe Bryant, LAL

Blake Griffin, LAC

Anthony Davis, NO

Marc Gasol, MEM

Reserves:

James Harden, HOU

Chris Paul, LAC

Kevin Durant, OKC

LaMarcus Aldridge, POR

Damian Lillard, POR

DeMarcus Cousins, SAC

Russell Westbrook, OKC

Snubs:

Klay Thompson, GS

Dwight Howard, HOU

Tim Duncan, SA

Rudy Gay, SAC

Eric Bledsoe, PHX

Ty Lawson, DEN

EASTERN CONFERENCE (Predictions)

Starters:

John Wall, WAS

Dwyane Wade, MIA

LeBron James, CLE

Carmelo Anthony, NYK

Pau Gasol, CHI

Reserves:

Kyle Lowry, TOR

Chris Bosh, MIA

Jimmy Butler, CHI

Paul Millsap, ATL

Andre Drummond, DET

Nikola Vucevic, ORL

Kyrie Irving, CLE

Snubs:

Brandon Knight, MIL

Kyle Korver, ATL

Jeff Teague, ATL

Greg Monroe, DET

Al Jefferson, CHA

DeMar DeRozan, TOR

Predictions?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Kyle korver doesn't even deserve a snub

And did you have anything valuable to add?

No?

Okay.

How about your predictions?

No need for snooty remarks.

I disagree with you, though.

EDIT:

Worth mentioning...

"Kyle Korver is on pace to have the first official 50-50-90 season (50% on FGs, 50% on 3s, 90% on FTs) in NBA history": http://t.co/ZObv5Of2Da

Vucci Mane's been really good for the Magic this season (those guys are gonna be really good soon), but I think Al Horford replaces him on the roster. Teague'll be the first guy in if anyone on the East bows out because of injury.

Also, while he's going to be named a starter, I can't see Kobe playing in the game itself. I think he'll want that time to recharge.

Also, while he's going to be named a starter, I can't see Kobe playing in the game itself. I think he'll want that time to recharge.

That'd be interesting. I'd be all for it, just because I see the West as being veryyy deep, I'm sure others think so too.

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/report-andrew-wiggins-participate-2015-nba-slam-dunk-contest/

It's part of allstar weekend and it's one of my favorite sporting events. Really looking forward to see anything else about the Saturday events.

Thanks for posting. In his short time in Cleveland he made it very clear that he's a superb dunker. Can't wait to see how he does. He's my early favorite, we'll see who else competes.

Anybody aware of any rule changes regarding any of the contests? I would love to see them do away with last year's dunk contest rules. Yawn.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/1/21/7868345/giannis-antetokounmpo-and-victor-oladipo-will-be-in-the-2015-nba-dunk

seems like wiggins won't be in the dunk contest unless Zach LaVine (arguably the best dunker in the league youtube this guys stuff and you'll be impressed) turns it down.

Giannis Antetokounmpo or the Greek Freak is in he's 6'11 but recent examples of Dwight Howard and Serge Ibaka show that isn't always a bad thing. Mason Plumlee is in as well. He's 6'11as well and I think it was him not miles who participated in the college dunk contest and didn't do so well.

Victor Oladipo's got some bounce. He threw a 360 jam down in game a few days ago.

As long as they don't mess with the format and keep it simple it Should be an intriguing slam dunk contest.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

LaVine, Oladipo, Plumlee, and Antetokounmpo. That's not intriguing.

Silver and the NBA office should tell their actual superstars of the game to man-up and participate in their marquee man-vs.-man events. People aren't paying outrageous ticket prices so they can see LaVine, Oladipo, Plumlee, and Antetokounmpo. Fans don't give two poops about LaVine, Oladipo, Plumlee, and Antetokounmpo.

Today's stars are too worried about their brand, their image, and being with their buddies. They don't know crap about competing.

LaVine, Oladipo, Plumlee, and Antetokounmpo. That's not intriguing.

Silver and the NBA office should tell their actual superstars of the game to man-up and participate in their marquee man-vs.-man events. People aren't paying outrageous ticket prices so they can see LaVine, Oladipo, Plumlee, and Antetokounmpo. Fans don't give two poops about LaVine, Oladipo, Plumlee, and Antetokounmpo.

Today's stars are too worried about their brand, their image, and being with their buddies. They don't know crap about competing.

Yeah, if I was commissioner I'd make it mandatory for at least one Allstar on each side to participate. These guys could be entertaining but even if LaVine puts on a Vince Carter-esque type performance people still ain't gonna care about him.

Last year had some star power: John Wall Paul George and Damian Lilliard are names most fans recognize and think highly of.

Greek Freak is the best player and in a free years could be Allstar worthy but the nba hasn't had a rising star win the thing since they rigged it for Blake Griffin.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Screw that.

Durant, LeBron, Griffin, Carmelo. You're in. Anyone that skips gets placed on IR and fined seven figures.

They want the NBA to bend over backwards for them 82 times a year...the least they could do is put on a show for the fans. Make the Dunk Contest meaningful again.

Archived