Boomerang Channel Rebrand

Xist2inspire

So, I was channel-surfing with my sisters today, and it appears that, along with programming changes, Boomerang has rebranded from this...

boomerang-cartoonnetwork.jpg

...to this.

boomerang-newlogo.jpg

While I suppose this makes sense from a branding perspective, I do wonder what the point of turning Boomerang into "Cartoon Network 2 - but with some older stuff, too!" is. Plus I really liked the "retro" style of the previous brand.

Boomerang_Logo_060613(1).jpg

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Because that's what Boomerang has pretty much become: A home for everything Cartoon Network has made over the years. In turn, this shoves out the older stuff because, let's face it, kids of today wouldn't know who Jabberjaw or Hong Kong Phooey is.

From the looks of it, the black and white scheme works (Cartoon Network brand and all).

I just hope that the more classic H/B programs find a TV home SOMEWHERE (whether Cartoon Network starts a third channel or they end up being a kid's block on MeTV or something else)

bYhYmxh.png

It makes sense due to them rerunning old CN shows. Keeps the look cohesive between them and their sister network. I enjoyed watching Boomerang as a kid, and I think I might go back and watch some great CN shows like Kids Next Door and Dexter's Lab when I get the time.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Because that's what Boomerang has pretty much become: A home for everything Cartoon Network has made over the years. In turn, this shoves out the older stuff because, let's face it, kids of today wouldn't know who Jabberjaw or Hong Kong Phooey is.

I got the theme song from that show stuck in my head from reading this. Thanks!

It makes sense due to them rerunning old CN shows. Keeps the look cohesive between them and their sister network. I enjoyed watching Boomerang as a kid, and I think I might go back and watch some great CN shows like Kids Next Door and Dexter's Lab when I get the time.

I know that Wikipedia is a horrible source to use, but if it's correct, you won't be. I don't even see Kids Next Door on the list and it appears that they stopped their syndication of Dexter's Lab with the rebrand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_Boomerang#Syndicated_from_Cartoon_Network

I do agree that this rebrand should be done to bring in some of the newer shows and out with some of the older shows, but it would have been nice to see them have a little bit more focus of the Cartoon Cartoons era from the late 90's early 00's, but that could just me being bias.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

So Boomerang is essentially becoming what MTV2 and ESPN2 eventually became to their respective mother channels?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

So Boomerang is essentially becoming what MTV2 and ESPN2 eventually became to their respective mother channels?

Pretty much.

This is like Disney XD or NickToons/TeenNick. However, I do believe that Disney's and Nickelodeon's alternatives both have their own shows along with some older stuff as well. For instance, the NFL RushZone is exclusively to NickToons and is never shown on the main channel. Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls, and Fish Hooks all moved from the main channel to XD (although the occasional episode of P&F pops up every now and then).

I personally wish AdultSwim wasn't on Cartoon Network or at least came on a little later like it used to, somewhere around 10 or so.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I also heard that CN acquired some of the shows that used to be on The Hub so we may see Dan Vs, Transformers, GI Joe's on Boomerang

I have read somewhere that Hasbro is kind of just riding out their ownership contract with Discovery (as in the just can't bail on them), until such time they can get completely out, and that more thank likely MLP is going to move to.

Archived