Boston Bruins 2016 Winter Classic options

B-mer

With Boston being the next host, I have a few ideas on what they can do for their uniform this time. My first few will be mostly straight throwbacks.

Here's the first:

bruins_zps84cdf1be.png

Used Steven Grant's new template. Two options for gloves that were both worn with this uniform. The only part that I don't think is accurate to the set is the wordmark on the helmet, which is from the 1995-2007 era. But, I thought it would compliment the rest well to be something different. In the photos I saw most helmets just had additional company logos in that position.

I would go with those, too. But, I'm more interested in what the Canadiens will be wearing, though, and whether or not they will wear something besides their normal jerseys with a slight tweak again. I'd say go with the white version of their current homes. Kinda sucks for them to be involved in 3 outdoor games and to have always be the road team since they don't have a place to host a game.

I like the idea of using the 70's look for next year's Winter Classic.

I think the Bruins will look pretty good no matter what they decide to go with. I think it what the Canadiens do is what will determine how good this game looks. I personally would want both teams to try and use the same era for their look but the Canadiens have barely changed their uniforms, so maybe, to compliment your B's jerseys, you create a 70's-ish Canadiens fauxback.

• 6 months later...

Updated the last one. Main logo is what was just released as official. This, or something very close to it, is what i'm now expecting to see for the official release. It looks like both teams are going for 1923/24 looks. Was going to add the Winter Classic logo but paint.net sucks for resizing and it looked horrible.

bruins3-2.2_zps4zgh19cu.png

The original uniforms for reference:

Bruins01.png

• 2 months later...

Sorry to dredge this up from the past, but with the jersey now officially released, it's hopefully relevant again.

Swap the original brown for black and you pretty much nailed this one.

That said, Option #2 is based on one of my all-time favorite NHL jerseys ever, and a sadly overlooked style that really needs to see the light of day once again as a throwback of some sort, be it a third jersey or future outdoor game. That beauty is a 10 out of 10 in my book.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived