College "City & Town" Custom FB Cover Photos

29texan

Just out of the blue, I decided to make custom Cover Photos for Facebook the other day. I made it for a Big XII group (for obvious reasons) so I decided expand and make more for other conferences. Don't think I have to explain how they're made. If you like them, feel free to take them.

- ACC (A / C)

- American (E / W)

- B1G

- Big XII

- C-USA (E / W)

- Div. 1 Ind.

- MAC (E / W)

- Mountain West

- Pac 12

- Sun Belt

- SEC (E / W)

Requests

- West Coast

- Big East

First up, the ACC.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two things to fix...

1. I agree with the comment above. I would either move the team logo from the Big 12 to the spot where the city name is or just remove that entire logo from the cover photo.

2. I would try to use a more creative font for the city name. If you were to move the logo inside the Big 12 logo to the current spot of the city name, I would then move the city name to the lower right corner of the cover photo.

JeKhnr9.png

Great idea those look awesome but could you possibly try moving the teams logo out of the big 12 logo it can looked cluttered.

Two things to fix...

1. I agree with the comment above. I would either move the team logo from the Big 12 to the spot where the city name is or just remove that entire logo from the cover photo.

2. I would try to use a more creative font for the city name. If you were to move the logo inside the Big 12 logo to the current spot of the city name, I would then move the city name to the lower right corner of the cover photo.

Well I would say that moving the city name and tweaking the font is something to keep in mind.

But, there's a reason why I have the logo in the middle of the Big XII logo.

I'll do a "side by side" to see how it looks before I post the next one.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

If you do end up keeping the team logos inside the big 12 logo, I would suggest changing the KU logo from the one from 1946-2006 to the new one introduced in 2007 (trajan font instead of block font).

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

I like the idea. But a couple modifications I would recommend:

• Don't put ALL the logos on the top - Put the main school logo right in the center with the school's wordmark under/over. Having a straight line of logos looks weird.
  • Put less emphasis on the conference logos. Try locating them in one of the bottom corners, maybe a little smaller.
  • The City, State needs some character. Try going through the font resources we have here, and match the fonts with what the schools use. FSU is a perfect example to use Conrad's UNCONQUERED font.

I have more on the way, and I'll post them tomorrow. I've just been SUPER busy within the last 24 hours and really haven't had the chance to post anything. The 2nd half of the ACC will go up tomorrow.

But before I do, I just want to point out two things...

1. I'm open to criticism for these, BUT, I'm not changing the set up. Since these are Facebook cover photos, I want most everything to be on the top or to the right, that way it's not being blocked by anything. I also wanted to put more emphasis on the image, as you can see the logos and wordmark are smaller than what I made it.

2. I'm only doing the FBS conferences as a whole. Any other conference (like the Ivy League, SWAC, Southland, etc.) are by request only, and I'll do those after I'm finished with the Power 5 and Group of 5.

But let me know what school you want me to make now, so I wont forget it. Also, if you want with your request, send pictures and even specific logos of what you'd want me to put in the photo.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

Archived