2015-16 CHL uniform/logo thread

chrysleraspen08

Lets just hope they ditch those horrendous jerseys and colour scheme. carry over the logo if you must, but cut all ties to the canadiens from there on. Use some ties to the past junior teams of the steel city and adapt a solid base of identity from their. And for god sakes don't copy an nhl franchise's template for laziness sake. Get creative.

They're keeping the same colours and uniform for next season, but after that it might change. The logo of course is staying the same, why change one of the best logos in all of hockey?

tigercatssignature-1.png

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. I certainly did not see that one coming.

Aren't the Bulldogs moving? That opens up the Hamilton market...

I believe Erie was rumoured to be moving to Hamilton - that's part of the surprise. It's a shame though because I absolutely love the "retro" Bulls look. I hope those colours eventually transfer over to the Bulldogs.

Interesting. I certainly did not see that one coming.

Aren't the Bulldogs moving? That opens up the Hamilton market...

I believe Erie was rumoured to be moving to Hamilton - that's part of the surprise. It's a shame though because I absolutely love the "retro" Bulls look. I hope those colours eventually transfer over to the Bulldogs.

I can confirm unreservedly with absolute certainty they will be keeping their current AHL uniforms (minus the Canadiens patch) for next season...

How will Bulldogs' changes affect fans?

When they do hit the FirstOntario Centre ice in October, they'll be wearing the same uniforms as they do now. Same colours, same logo, same everything. Mostly because the time frame is too tight right now to make a significant change. But Andlauer says it's likely fans will have a say in a tweaking — or complete remake — of the colour scheme prior to the 2016-17 season.

tigercatssignature-1.png

Wow, ok, I can get behind this. Logo is great and unique, colours are great, jerseys are a little different but it looks pretty good all in all

Wildcats, while there's a historical significance, is probably the most overused and generic name in sports in general. Of the 5 trademarked, Vikings is really the best. And it's completely unoriginal as well.

Instead of Phoenix, why not Flint Firebirds? These stupid singular names sound like the AFL2. Pride? Come on. Sparks? I get it but no.

It was also founded as a major lumbering/trapping settlement. I'm not suggesting Lumberjacks, but it's better than any name on that list.

Wonder if they read this...

giphy.gif

sig.png

I'm on the fence about the Flint rebrand; at first glance I like the name and generally it is a good logo package, but I feel like there are two big flaws here.

1. The logo mimics the often insulted and mocked "screaming chicken" Firebird years; and

2. The name is tied to a once iconic brand that is no longer in business.

I'm on the fence about the Flint rebrand; at first glance I like the name and generally it is a good logo package, but I feel like there are two big flaws here.

1. The logo mimics the often insulted and mocked "screaming chicken" Firebird years; and

2. The name is tied to a once iconic brand that is no longer in business.

The Firebird is still iconic. It's like if they stopped making the Mustang, it would still be referenced in pop culture for decades. Also, I don't think it's so much a reference to the car itself. It was never built there or anywhere in Michigan.

I think it's meant to be more of a parallel to Phoenix, which represents the city of Flint itself. It's seen some (and still is in) very bad years, but is slowly on the uprising.

sig.png

11051999_1603659359879662_38785281913686

I like it. But I want to know who messed up and used a picture of a guy with Bauer gloves when the CHL has been Reebok/CCM for the last decade? I was liking the cuffs on the gloves but Reebok/CCM usually only has a few options (mostly solid colors) to choose from for CHL teams and doesn't do custom at this level. Oddly the Erie Otters gloves are one of the few options open to CHL and ECHL teams as a standard color option.

SEAsig.png

Archived