REFS SUCK

DANGLES78

Well today I was playing a hockey game and the ref waved of a goal that was clearly in. The only reason, the goalie pulled into his pad out of the net and told the ref it didn't go in.

Earlier I had scored and got the team energized and we were gonna comeback but than this happened. The refs in Hockey Calgary suck they simply can't see and they are rude and don't know how to ref a game properly. Well I hate refs when they make these obviously wrong calls that decide a game like this. I could go on a rant about Hockey Calgary and their refs all week but I simply don't have the time to. Right now I'm just angry because this happened. Ref's really suck. Plus they miss tons of calls in pro sports what the :censored: .

You can tell your ref stories here. Good or bad or if you have ever reffed.

NOT THIS GUY AGAIN!

You don't have the time to go on a rant but you had the time to log on to an internet message board and bitch. Ok.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This just in: refs sometimes make mistakes.

But seriously, I wasn't there so I obviously can't decide whether it was a goal or not, but it sounds like the ref didn't see it go in. The red can't call a goal he didn't see go in, just like he can't call a penalty he didn't see. It's unfortunate for your team, but tough :censored:.

Yeah I guess I did overreact a little. But sadly the ref originally did call it a goal and since we do not have instant replay the original call stands which was a goal, but the ref reversed the call. Due to a player from the other team saying it was no goal which was IMO a very bad call. But I don't mean that all refs are bad but the ones in Calgary have been terrible lately.

NOT THIS GUY AGAIN!

Yeah I guess I did kinda overreacted a little but sadly the ref originally did call it a goal and since we do not have instant replay the original call stands which was a goal but the ref reversed the call due to a player from the other team saying it was no goal which was IMO a very bad call. But I don't mean that all refs are bad but the ones in Calgary have been terrible lately.

Commas exist. You know that, right?

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

As someone who just left Hockey Calgary two years ago but not a ref, volunteer refs are volunteer refs. That's all they are, you're going to get that across all minor hockey. Just volunteers who are looking for some extra money in a sport they like being around.

I don't know why you decided to make a thread about your frankly insignificant and entirely geo-specific "problem"on a website with people from around the world.

IEI5Tg1.png

So Tank starts a thread just to show a photo that kindasorta has him in it a little bit, and it's not considered the most useless wasteful topic started that day? I would never have thought that, but yet here we are.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As a ref, I'm gonna say you can't really go and insult and criticize the referees if you haven't been out there in the stripes. It's not as easy as you think. It's also impossible to call something you didn't see. Sometimes it just comes down to a judgement call, and if the players don't like it, tough luck.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

As someone who just left Hockey Calgary two years ago but not a ref, volunteer refs are volunteer refs. That's all they are, you're going to get that across all minor hockey. Just volunteers who are looking for some extra money in a sport they like being around.

I don't know why you decided to make a thread about your frankly insignificant and entirely geo-specific "problem"on a website with people from around the world.

I know they are volunteers. But I pay money to play hockey they don't, as someone who has refs on my team and has volunteered alot a little effort would be appreciated. Two years ago most refs still cared about reffing the game properly but now the volunteers only care about getting payed most of the time sadly. There are still good refs out there just not as much as there used to be. Your last comment was appreciated though I know most people wouldn't care some people would. Now I shall update the original post.

NOT THIS GUY AGAIN!

DANGLES78 is a poster to watch in 2015

He was in 2014 too.

He has flashes of greatness, but I'm not sure he can hack it in the big leagues. Wasted draft pick, IMO.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

I know they are volunteers. But I pay money to play hockey they don't, as someone who has refs on my team and has volunteered alot a little effort would be appreciated. Two years ago most refs still cared about reffing the game properly but now the volunteers only care about getting payed most of the time sadly. There are still good refs out there just not as much as there used to be. Your last comment was appreciated though I know most people wouldn't care some people would. Now I shall update the original post.

If you have a problem with the officiating in your league, then I suggest you sign up for the course and become a ref.

If you have a problem with the officiating in your league, then I suggest you sign up for the course and become a ref.

I will next year when I have more time. Had to focus on school more this year which prevented me from becoming a ref.

NOT THIS GUY AGAIN!

Two years ago most refs still cared about reffing the game properly but now the volunteers only care about getting payed most of the time sadly. There are still good refs out there just not as much as there used to be.
Yeeaahhh, I don't think there's a difference between the refs two years ago and now. Especially with your weird hipster mentality.

IEI5Tg1.png

As a ref, I'm gonna say you can't really go and insult and criticize the referees if you haven't been out there in the stripes. It's not as easy as you think. It's also impossible to call something you didn't see. Sometimes it just comes down to a judgement call, and if the players don't like it, tough luck.

The problem was he did see it. He had called it a goal but then the goaltender pulled it out of the net and for some reason the ref waved it off. The person who scored the waved off goal is a ref, in fact there are 3 refs on my team who have training and said it was complete bull that the call was reversed. I have reffed other sports for example basketball, soccer, etc. I know it is hard to ref and have good judgment. But refs are quite bias towards are team and several other teams from the north as they see us as scum even though we aren't. For example in a scrum in front of the net one of our guys gets punched and then gets back up and sizes up to the guy who hit him and gets a penalty for head contact. Sometimes refs do make good judgement calls. If your not disciplined your going to get penalized, but when there is no need for judgement and when a goal is clearly in and the ref calls it a goal and then listens to the other teams goaltender about how it wasn't in. It's not a judgement call it's bias, 100% bias against my team.

NOT THIS GUY AGAIN!

DANGLES...I'm going to assume you're in high school.

When I was playing in high school I thought the refs were terrible too. It seemed a game wouldn't go by without a call against us that we as a team would feel angry about. Some advice? Don't worry about it. I promise you you'll forget all about every perceived injustice once you move on with your life.

Archived